55 coaches online • Server time: 22:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolves & Welves

Outsourcing 4 - 1 Knights of Hope

The Lords of Cost Reduction and Concentration on Core Competenz showed the Human Team Knights of Hope, how to play the game. Star Player User Helpdesk started their defense with his aimed kicks together with the injury by the opposing Ogre (niggler healed) it was enough to let him recieve the 3rd MVP in his 4th game. But i was the team who won the match. Fulgurous Defenses (2 Blitzes) and an unstoppable offense showed the high skill of BB.

Lucky game from my side, even outcashed him, only point to mourn about, is the second Death in this team.

Great Old One 1 - 1 Knights of Fear

Both Necromancer wanted to show, who is the REAL Undead.

The Dogs want to play and.. they found some bones to chew on.

4th game 4th tie ....

1st Half
The Knights of Fear used the opportunity of a weak offense to steal the ball. As the dogs were not by the ball to find some food, the ghoul Fungal Graverobber picked up the ball and ran to the endzone to score in the last turn.
Note: Top Blocker Wolf Chaugner Faugn get a MNG throug a dodge

2nd Half
With one player more from the start the Great Old One tried to use their advantage and keep thight pressure on the ball. But it was the Flesh Golem Bokrug who showed great agility skills to score the tieing TD. (3 Dodges and a pick up in a tackle zone, hehe).

-------------------------------------
Thanks for two funny games Wotfudboy[/b]

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! - 8 games and 2 points now... I've doubled my total! Razz

They were good games... I think in that last game my luck is actually starting to improve... beware everybody! Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabolic Predators 0 - 2 Some Kind Of Mobster

Diabolic Predators got in real trouble this game as they had misscalcualted the speed of the lizardmen which combined with bad covering of the ball made Some Kind Of Mobster to outplay the chaos team.
Only response to the lizardmen scoring was 3 rips (2 blocks and 1 dodge) inflicted on the poor lizardmen. Of course the apo failed on the first one.
Diabolic Predators couldnt even succed with the passes required for progressing their players.

Nice work SideshowBob. Hope ur team will get back in shape soon.
Casper

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Stockholm Mean Machines 1 - 1 Flying Vanguard

The orcs started the game determined to show that they could also win a game. The orcs started out receiving, but after a pitch invasion 1st half ended up being a big rumble. In the end it looked like the orcs could secure at least 0-0 for half time, but a pass from the orc thrower meant to secure the ball last turn landed way off mark beside one of few still standing elves who could walk in with the ball for a 1-0 lead. 2nd half went better for the orcs and after some bashing the elves were too few to be able to pose a threat. Some problems with picking up and catching the ball meant the orcs had to make do with a tie instead of going for a 2-1 win.

Sorry for the RIP azmo, a 1 on the apo roll of course..

Sona AIK 2 - 1 Dark Ancestors

The elves knew they had to win to keep the alliance of Enemies United from falling too much behind the top alliances. The chaos dwarves received first half but after some luck the elves managed to get hold of it and pass it to a lineman who could run out of reach and score 1-0. They had taken a beating though and had to start 2nd half with only 7 players. Thanks to top scoring Mats Rubarth they managed a 2 turn td making it 2-0. The plan now was to delay the Ancestor's td so they wouldn't have time to tie the game. That plan failed miserably as the Ancestor's fans threw a rock at Mats Rubarth and then the elves failed every roll (which was only 2) for the drive. With only 7 players and 0 RR vs the Ancestor's 10 players and 3 RR the elves decided to make a last stand on their side of the pitch, hoping that the chaos dwarves wouldn't be able to score before the ref blew the whistle. Unfortunately the ref decided to add an extra turn, but the elves managed to fend the chaos dwarves off until finally the game was over.

Thanks for the games Azmo.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabolic Predators 0 - 2 Some Kind Of Mobster

Due to a lot of funerals lately, the report from coach SSB comes a little bit late:

-"A nice victory over an evil chaos team, the big lizards blocked almost perfectly and the skinks ran and dodged like gutters. The only downside was that we received blocks like snotlings...but we will recover. Anyone got a pet lizard to spare by the way?

Let this be a lesson to the other coaches in this league, it is possible to beat Serxes, but the process of doing that might cost you a few men..."
Azmo

Post 1 Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. Let me tell you how it really happened Wink Once upon a time..........

My first 4 games with Elves ever and 4 draws. After going into the 2nd half with a 1-0 lead all i needed to do was score one more but alas no. Some poor rolls yet again at crucial times (the usual dbl 1) cost the Vanguard the win. This allowed the Machines to secure the ball in my half.
There were still numerous chances and the ball was spilled out of orcy hands a couple of times, but that all important pickup, throw to safety or single d block yielded skulls and ones. So close, so close.
That and a 4 turn stall Wink

Again the Ancestors were let down by some aweful ball handling, especially in the first half, which cost them the match. Spilled pick ups and some very fortunate single d blocks against a dodging hob (supposedly reasonably safe ball carrier as no tackle) brought the 1st half to a miserable 1-0 end. All rr in first half were used on pick ups.
The blockers performed admirably which was a turnaround from their last match, where they got beaten up by woodies!!!

It seems my tournie teams' aweful luck from the MLB is spilling over into Eurokings or could it be that Commish Mully and his dodgy septic crystal balls. All I can say is thank god they amended the P.I. rules (MLB joke there Wink ).[/url][/code]
Azmo

Post 1 Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. Let me tell you how it really happened Wink Once upon a time..........

My first 4 games with Elves ever and 4 draws. After going into the 2nd half with a 1-0 lead all i needed to do was score one more but alas no. Some poor rolls yet again at crucial times (the usual dbl 1) cost the Vanguard the win. This allowed the Machines to secure the ball in my half.
There were still numerous chances and the ball was spilled out of orcy hands a couple of times, but that all important pickup, throw to safety or single d block yielded skulls and ones. So close, so close.
That and a 4 turn stall Wink

Again the Ancestors were let down by some aweful ball handling, especially in the first half, which cost them the match. Spilled pick ups and some very fortunate single d blocks against a dodging hob (supposedly reasonably safe ball carrier as no tackle) brought the 1st half to a miserable 1-0 end. All rr in first half were used on pick ups.
The blockers performed admirably which was a turnaround from their last match, where they got beaten up by woodies!!!

It seems my tournie teams' aweful luck from the MLB is spilling over into Eurokings or could it be that Commish Mully and his dodgy septic crystal balls. All I can say is thank god they amended the P.I. rules (MLB joke there Wink ).
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

done first game and half the second. Be patient
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

End of Round 4

Update:

Top stars:
1. --26 SPP-- User Helpdesk, Wood Elf Lineman, Outsourcing
2. --18 SPP-- Mats Rubarth, High Elf Lion Warrior, Solna AIK
3. --15 SPP-- Chaugnar Faugn, Necromantic Werewolf, Great Old One

Top scorers:
1. --5 Tds-- Mats Rubarth, High Elf Lion Warrior, Solna AIK
2. --3 Tds--
Buster Burglar, Lizardmen Skink, Some Kinf Of Mobster
Morgan Kikbhutt, Norse Catcher, We Will - We Will - Block You
Sofia, Amazon Catcher, DP Cheerleaders
Backdesk Support, Wood Elf Lineman

Top passers:
1. --4 Comp--
Kalaniel, Dark Elf Thrower, Naggarond's Alliance
Donny Kikimwhenisdown, Norse Thrower, We Will - We Will - Block You
Prince Carrington, Human Thrower, Knights of Hope
Helene, Amazon Thrower, DP Cheerleaders

Top interceptors:
1. --1 Int--
Lamarian, Dark Elf Lineman, Naggarond's Alliance
Philip Wentz, Orc Lineman, Stockholm Mean Machines

Top blockers:
1. --6 Cas--
King Kruncher, Khemri Mummy, Royal Bashers
Chaugnar Faugn, Necromantic Werewolf, Great Old One
3. --5 Cas--
Horiss Grinna, Chaos Dwarf Blocker, Dark Ancestors
Drnazg the Beast, Chaos Minotaur, Diabolic Predators

Most valuable players:
1. --3 MVPs-- User Helpdesk, Wood Elf Lineman, Outsourcing
2. --2 MVPs-- 7 Players

Most Bashiest Team:
Dark Ancestors with (3/8/2)

Most Harmed Team:
DP Cheerleaders with (7/6/3)

---Did you know: That the Knights of Hope live after the principal "an eye for an eye". Casualty statistic (6/2/1)-(6/2/1)---

----------------------------------
Will be updated

Good fighting

Recordopedia Spluttanica

Last edited by Zweiblumen on %b %23, %2005 - %23:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

<b><u>Round #4 Results</b></u>

Serxes’ Beasts & Breasts managed to hold onto 1st place with 17 points after a 1-0-1 draw with SideshowBob’s Cold Hearted Killers. Despite being in 1st place the B&B team looks a bit beat up. It will be interesting to see if they can hold onto the lead next round.

Moving into 2nd place was Zwei’s Wolves & Welves who got a win and a tie vs the hard luck Heroes of the Past.

The only sweep of the week was computer challenged ChrisB and his King Tut’s Vermin over Lolth’s Minions. The shellacking put the Vermin into 3rd place and within 2 points of the league leaders.

In a battle for 6th place Casper and Enemies United went 1-1-0 over Hooves of Steel and stays within the hunt for the lead.

Wotfudboy and Sk8bcn are gonna have to turn it up a notch over the next few weeks to keep from falling out of the race. Everyone else is in a close hunt for the title.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2005 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 5 - Wotfudboy vs Casper

Humans vs High Elves : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=649102
A crunching match, but all level in the end!

Undead vs Orcs : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=648962
YAY!... I won a match!!!!

Thanks Casper for two friendly games, even if the dice were for once with me! It's always nice to play in tournaments with nice people who reply to PM's and get games organised quickly! Let's keep it going!

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolves & Welves
The Rally between the leading groups of the Tournament promised some interesting games and the fans got their spectacle.

Great Old One 0 - 0 Diabolic Predators

Althoug the result induced a boring game both halfes saw brutal fights for the ball. The KO boxes were filled with an alerting pace, although their were less Casualities. The Tdless result was the issue of the inability of both teams to do anything with the ball.

Sidenote: The dog wasn't in a good mood, need to look at their fodder before a game

Outsourcing 3 - 1 DP Cheerleaders

Encounter of two unbeaten teams of the league and the Welves were exicted to show, which team has the bettter dodgers. DP Cheerleaders made a good fight but they were handicaped from the start as Susie couldn't manage to play due to her niggling injurie.

1st half: Recieving
Even a perfekt Defense couldn't stop the offense to score in round 3.

Kicking:
--no words-- (snakes on a GFI, 1 of 3 in the whole game)

Recieving:
This offense needed some risky plays to be succesful, but finally the woodies managed to score and the ladys couldn't score in their remaining two turns so it was 2-1 at beginning of 2nd half.

2nd half: Kicking:
From the beginning, this half saw a tactical fight for the ball, which in the end resulted in the determining Td for the Welves.

-------------------------------------
Two interesting and funny games, Thanks SerXes

Recordopedia Spluttanica
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

End of Round 5

Update: This round got some great games and a mummie on a bashing streak

Top stars:
1. --27 SPP-- User Helpdesk, Wood Elf Lineman, Outsourcing
2. --22 SPP-- Sofia, Amazon Catcher, DP Cheerleaders
3. --21 SPP-- Mats Rubarth, High Elf Lion Warrior, Solna AIK

Top scorers:
1. --6 Tds-- Mats Rubarth, High Elf Lion Warrior, Solna AIK
2. --4 Tds--
Morgan Kikbhutt, Norse Catcher, We Will - We Will - Block You
Sofia, Amazon Catcher, DP Cheerleaders
Backdesk Support, Wood Elf Lineman

Top passers:
1. --6 Comp--
Donny Kikimwhenisdown, Norse Thrower, We Will - We Will - Block You
Helene, Amazon Thrower, DP Cheerleaders
3. --5 Comp--
Kalaniel, Dark Elf Thrower, Naggarond's Alliance
Prince Carrington, Human Thrower, Knights of Hope

Top interceptors:
1. --1 Int--
Lamarian, Dark Elf Lineman, Naggarond's Alliance
Philip Wentz, Orc Lineman, Stockholm Mean Machines
Merry Breeze, Elf Lineman, Flying Vanguard

Top blockers:
1. --10 Cas-- King Kruncher, Khemri Mummy, Royal Bashers
2. -- 6 Cas--
Chaugnar Faugn, Necromantic Werewolf, Great Old One
Horiss Grinna, Chaos Dwarf Blocker, Dark Ancestors

Most valuable players:
1. --3 MVPs-- User Helpdesk, Wood Elf Lineman, Outsourcing
2. --2 MVPs-- 10 Players

Most Bashiest Team:
Royal Bashers with (8/5/5)

Most Harmed Team:
DP Cheerleaders with (7/6/4)

---Did you know: That in round 4 the Knights of Hope lived after the principal "an eye for an eye". Casualty statistic (6/2/1)-(6/2/1)---

----------------------------------
Will be updated

Good fighting

Recordopedia Spluttanica
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good job zwei!!!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, great stats job...

Just one point though... I think the "Did you know:" bit should be changed to... ---Did you know: That by the end of round 4, Wotfudboy still couldn't win a game for love nor money--- Very Happy

Jump to: