46 coaches online • Server time: 14:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I was actually going to be pulling my Helves after Picnic and putting in a Ratties team Smile At least them i'll expect to die in horrendous numbers.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Dark Lord</b> - You need to transfer the Ogres to Div[U]. Cant move them in while they are ranked.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

LEAGUE NEWS

<b>Picnic</b>
There will be no Picnic this season. The main reason is that after 3 days 50% of SWL coaches are idle and all momentum is lost. We invariably lose 2-3 coaches during the Picnic, so we will head straight into Season 8.

<b>Season 8</b>
Season 8 will be a similar format as this year. Season 8 will be set up immediately after the conclusion of Season 7, but we will be relaxing the forfeit deadlines until post Christmas holidays.

Conferences will be randomly seeded.

The only change is that there will be a playoff structure of some sort to ensure that coaches can still qualify to the Premier from 2nd and perhaps 3rd place. Of course, a minor premier will have a big advantage in this playoff structure. The exact nature of the playoffs are still being finalised. This is for Season 8 not Season 7!

<b>SWL Main Page clean out.</b> There are too many idle teams! Each coach should only have 2 teams bar a few exceptions. After this, we will start culling teams to a) make the page smaller and b) make the Season 8 QPool a bit more reasonable. There are nearly 100 teams in QPool alone... that number should be halved.

Please assist us with deleting teams that you are unnessarily hoarding.

Also, please advise us of any teams swaps etc etc. If you are intending to launch a new team via the QPool, start getting those in! Can you do this via the hotmail account and be clear who you are (email addresses and coach nix dont always seem obvious) and use a clear subject so that we can understand what the message is.

Clay

PS - recruitment is always on the agenda, any new coaches are welcome. If you play table top etc, give the SWL a plug and get your friends to join Smile
andycapp

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A question (and statement) about the "playoff structure" you refer to, ClayInfinity :
- what format will the playoffs take?

Personally, I am a strong believer in "the team that performs best vs all opponents is the best team", rather than "do as you will during the season, then prepare for the one game that counts a the end of the season". ie. I don't like the idea of grand finals.

If the "final" playoff was actually 2 games, with some form of count-back system that doesn't actually help bashy teams more or less, (ie. not just CAS count) - maybe then go back through the actual season on count-back, such as in Season 7? - I would find that more appealing.

Then again, how can you make it non-biased? CAS helps bashy teams, Rushes or Passes, etc help out dodgy teams. SPPs earned in the season, or in the playoffs? hmmmm ...

Hard to implement, I know. Tough decisions to be made, yes. Jealous of your job, no. Fond of the leadership of the admins of SWL, I am indeed. Keep up the good work, guys and gals.
cheers, andycapp.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The Playoffs will be some form of KO game with OT based on placings during the season. The reason is that at the moment the Conferences are pretty pointless if you are a coach with no chance of winning but have no threat of relegation...

But the 1st placed team will be at an advantage, but we are yet to work it out fully yet...
FLo711

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one like the ideas of playoffs, i think that an easy system would be 2 & 3rd playoff in the conference playoff. The winner of this match plays 1st and the winner of that gets promoted.

1 match less to play is a big advantage, and the top 3 teams having a chance at the premier seems about right in an 8 team conference.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm with Flo on this one I think. It's the best system to give the minor premier a 'true' advantage (rather then the sometimes dubious one of playing a lowly ranked team where others need to play higher ranked ones) and also minimises the number of games to be played...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

again with these play offs.... cant say im a fan guys, due to the fact its BLOODBOWL... its sopposed to be random.... now u have nursed this elf team thou a season played well got a niggle or 2, then u have to play a playoff game, humm your 30 points above in TR and then BOOM, he ges a few decnt hadicaps and it all turns to shit, a whole season gone all because of a few hadicaps....

its just not a decent way to force teams to have to play a playoff situation....
HOW about, the winners from the 4 confrences fight over spots in premier, thou teams being religated should get a 2nd chance, strait to confrences for them

going to the premier should all hinge on 1 game, it should be a whole season effort
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Let it be known that the Jungle Commandos have been retired. This is due to the fact they have not won a single game out of 25 matches. It is not yet known if a team shall shall be put forth to replace the Commandos in the Conferance

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DaemonicLazoth wrote:
Let it be known that the Jungle Commandos have been retired. This is due to the fact they have not won a single game out of 25 matches. It is not yet known if a team shall shall be put forth to replace the Commandos in the Conferance
Kinda Sounds like Rodentvision. They played 23 games, not a single win. They were in Division 3, then 4, then 5, then i dropped them. Maybe i should make a return with them Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you two can play with OT... then at least one of you will have a win!
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2004 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like Fun. Maybe i should use Rodentvision again. I still have them, unplayed, in case of Emergencies (Like my team dieing in the Picnic). Dust em off and Try again?
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey i am interested in getting a new qpool team in who do i contact about that?
swladmin@hotmail?
andycapp

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yes - swladmin@hotmail.com
email to let them know any special circumstances - ie. replacing teams, retiring teams, etc.
I was told to submit my new team, and it will be in holding until Season 8 is up and running properly...
theopacman

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering if anyone has heard from or seen Sonofsharkboy lately?
Unusual for him to be absent so long (8days)
 Jump to: