28 coaches online • Server time: 03:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If you think Fourball and Stunty can be combined, then the answer is yes. The sponsers of Monday Night Fourball would like to introduce the 7th season....MNF7:Kids on the Short Bus, featuring all stunty teams. Read the first 3-4 paragraphs of MNF to find out the details.

I am hoping there are plenty of crazies out there........

League starts and ends on Monday November 15th.

Last edited by celas on %b %14, %2004 - %21:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
celas

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I need to encourage others to proclaim how crazy they are in this thread to keep it up longer for better advertising regardless of whether they are joining the league.

Well, I guess I could go first, but I may choose to "out" a crazy person instead....Inquisitorpustus is Crazy. Seriously, But I'm sure a nice guy. And a little crazy. Not diagnosable, but still a little loopy. At least when he drinks, I'm sure he does crazy things like peeing in public. Or at least in a public restroom and most likely in a urinal. That's all I got for now.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You've been smoking PCP all day?

Or just some of it?

Wtf are you going on about you soggy looking moggy??? Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And he likes big butts and he cannot lie. You know us otha' fellas can deny.
When a 'fling walks by with a itty-bitty waist and a round thing in his face, he gets sprung.

The most shameful spectacles in relatively recent sports history are already showing that they are man - er... gnome - enough to take the challenge.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

A litttle input on the scoring: Fairies will dominate this league. The best tactic will be to more or less ignore the ball and your opponents and instead try to make three TTM per turn. You might want to decrease the points for TTM to 1.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Silly me... I assumed it meant TTM with the ball...

Just count it as another possible revision to the scoring system.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinky: Fairy teams can make 3 throws per turn? Wow, that is powerful. And here I thought the first throw counted as a Pass Action and that you could only do one of them per round. I don't think that is overpowered. Let's assume you threw 16 times in a game where you have 3 trees and 3 stunties and they are short passes. You will fumbbl the player about 3 times. Without accounting for rerolls, the player will not land safely approximately 5-6 times. How many of those 3 stunties will be on the field at the end of the game? How many will be alive after two games? How many will you win after that? If we find the system to be flawed then it will change. That's the beauty of Monday Night Fourball: the rules change each week to account for things that have been playtested and do not work. I hope you submit a team and prove your point.

I knew I could count on Inq to keep the thread alive Smile He is no more crazy than the rest of us on fumbbl....which still may not be a reassuring statement Razz Glad you did not take it as disrespect; you are on my must play-list you know....

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus realises that emoticons only play further into Celas' evil clutches

but Shocked

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have it on good authority (my own) that celas has bovinephilia, also known as Cow Lovin' Disorder (CLD). Although not sexual in nature (thank God, Allah, Gaia, Nuffle, etc.), CLD consumes his very being, to the extent that even his Blood Bowl logic becomes tainted when he is in his most desperate state. It was in such a state that he concocted the newest MNF theme.

Unfortunately, there is no treatment (medical or otherwise) for this debilitating disorder. The only way to overcome it is to focus one's energy on something more important, which happens to be Blood Bowl in celas' case.

Friends, celas needs you now more than ever. If he has Blood Bowl to focus on , the CLD generally goes into a state of remission for a couple of days, making his life much more liveable. Join MNF, even if just for this week only, and help this worthy member of FUMBBL.

I know that the couple of days' worth of pleasure will help sustain him through the rest of the painful week, as he continuously repaints his house white with big black splotches, and udders incoherent gibberish to himself about the Mooooooon.

Somberly yours,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Now this is an idea I can go along with, but I think I'm not around at the times stated. Now if someone who can be bothered could just translate the times into bowlbot time I'd know for definite.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha sorry I forgot that you can only make one TTM per turn. Still a good idea to make a random quick pass per turn though.

I'm in the wrong timezone, else I would have been happy to join.

EDIT: I also forgot that there are only four players on the pitch.
celas

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I should set up one on the weekend, so that those in Europe can play (perhaps in the late morning hours of US and early evening of Europe). It seems like a few of you have interest and we would only need about 8 to make it really fun. I will try to set something up like this. If others are interested, please let me know.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There is still one more day to sign your team up!