48 coaches online • Server time: 16:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post 14 Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

We will renew Erebos concept of castunalty, a league designed for stunty teams in wich the main goal in to inflict a maximum of cas.

But since I have a lot to do with N.League, I would like to have this project beeing piloted by more than just me.

I'm especially adressing to the old members of the group and new motivated ones.
- Wich rules do we use? ->I propose the same as old castunalty. Or should we introduce new rules?
- Are only new teams allowed or do we split them by TR range (as noobs league)?
- What would be the game pace? ->I propose 15days,with the redline/deadline concept of noobs league if the number of players is high, if not it would be useless.

I wait on a poll of ideas. I do not feel like this league is mine. It was Erebos one but he dissapeared. So I think that it should become OUR league and that's why I do not want to be the only leader assigned to it.

the link to the group page:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1968

link to noobs league in wich concepts of redline/deadline are explained.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1647
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, for the rules. Yes, we can use them.
As cas counts everything that is counted by the client.

We could not really test the rules, so we don´t know if they cause problems somehow, so I´d say, let´s start with them. And provide improvements for saison 2.

Since it is a new league, I´d say one should enter with a new team. Then, after one saison we can decide, whether one can join with a higher TR-team or has to join in a kind of warm up.

I also would not split teams in groups by TR range. Not here with stunty teams.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

and redline/deadline? 15 days?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that we should use new teams of the S divition. That way Big guys will gain Block and Tackle for extra mayhem.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

well can we make run a S tournament? I think that only admins can give themself that acces.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So then guys, do we set up a second division or not?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, we need more coaches, I think!
More teams to break.
More blood to spill.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

*shrug* Laughing

I would suggest that coaches with teams of up to 5 games should join (ok, 5 normal games and they clearly have an advantage vs 5 castunalty games teams.....).
As long as our season runs (do we have things like play offs??) the new teams have time to complete their max. 5 games.

And then, if it works, we can create some divisions of 8 teams each and have nice things like play offs (or kill offs, or whatever)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I added your pm too:

Ok, yeah, these games are played so differently to other BBgames, and that is the fun of it. Wink

If we open another group or division,
-we should talk about the rules
-the castunalty rules have to be complete and informative on the groups page (for new people)
-we should try to keep a thread running in the forum

well, the league rules are the same as under Erebos, concerning points, teams and the like. I would appreciate if you could complete the info on the group page.
To the other division. If new teams enter, it would be too unfair to play in one division togehter, I guess, but as always, we probably want to keep our teams.

Or would you accept advanced teams as well?
Do you think people would join if we say, all teams are put together in one box and divisions are then made?

Or, once joined, we allow 5 games to be played before the start of the new season. No must, but a chance. And with the slow progression of this league, there will be enough time for ambitous players. And we could sort out inactive players even before the start of the season.

Hmm, don´t know if that works. Sorry for the confusion, but I am just thinking....
I on my side prefer round robin, so an open warm up is something I do not very much like personally.

Why all this? I think it would be more fun for us, not to play against the same teams only as this season, but also vs. other coaches.

What do you think? I say, it is easier to have 2 divisions, one with our teams, and one with fresh teams, but the other sounds more challanging and more fun.

Arcon

going back to writing my thesis
*hum, confused I am*
*gg*
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

And these are my answers wich do not rule of course.

1-Group page

As I stated in a precedent pm, well, I was asking if someone could do it. Or if WE (the group) could do it.

2-The rules

Works fine so for me IMO.

3-This is our running thread. But he do not run often actually. If you thinking about fluff I personnaly comment my games but not in forum.

4-I'm against accepting older teams. If they had to stage in power, they would have to do it in S so their BG would have acces to block. We can't and new U team can't.
About TR fairness, well, is it so unmatchable to play higher TR teams in stuntys, especially when BG do not even have block?

My idea would be: accepting 6 (not more) teams in Castunalty creating division 2.

We would become division 1.

After a season, 2 stage down, 2 stages up and if we are succesful enough we create a 3rd.

My major concern is the following: we are all very reliable. The tournament runs well without any need of deadlines and the like. I know myself what are the effects of recruitements->more concerns. Do we take the risk? I would say yes personnally. It is it worth.

Inactive players are a pain but I start to be a pro of replacement. lol (even if in this tournament we are all 6 tournament founder IMO and no one of us has predominancy over the other.)

If playing the same teams again is a problem, we could mix the 2. Honestly, the little guard BG that we will have won't make that of a difference.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A question: Do we count all the casualties or only those that the client counts?

I would prefer only one big division where everyone plays overyone. In this league, KO sounds like a bad idea.
If we fix 2 or 3 divisions then the top2 or top3 players from each division should go to a new one where everyone plays everyone. I mean that we should play only RoundRobin and never KO or OpenRoundRobin and even the finals should be RoundRobin. I don't know how Swiss works. If Swiss is better for our needs, then we should use Swiss.

This means that we need only very very reliable coaches.

In this league most (if not all) teams get really damaged and in some point after the games of a division are completed the teams will be replaced with new ones. So new coaches will not have a big problem with the old teams.
We can also do this: A coach can keep the same team for only 3 (or better 2) full seasons. That way noone will have a big development advantage. Of course games out of the league between the seasons are forbitten.

What do you think people?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, we count only those cas, that the client counts. But that includes all cas, I think, except those from failed dodges (including diving tackle) and heart attacks.

Good points, Captain, I can only underscore your points.
To make it even more fair, we could play only one season with each team. Although I think we will have more cas at higher ratings...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not worried about games outside the league. To find any opponent in U that plays stunty against the usual teams (that are no stuntys) are very unlikely.

For team powers, well, my TNT experience showed my that you can compete with lower TR and deathes prevent our team to grow unmatchable.

Swiss would be perfect for this league (lowest TR against lowest TR between the team that haven't played already- this would lead the newbee to play other rookies teams first.)

the con is that all must have played to start the next round. So we could take only the reliable possible guys, we will slow pace down (actually not a real problem in my eyes but I'm not sure all agree with me).
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, sound good as well. We could try the Swiss system.

Do you think we need a threat like "Coaches wanted for Castunalty" to attract more attention?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

We can start a threat and we can also send invitations to reliable coaches, since this season ends in a few days.
But first the league page needs to be a little more beautiful. I'm really busy those days to do something about it, but I'll try to find some time at night for it.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ok I ll send a thread then here for recruitement. After a thought we do not need more than 4 coaches if we only have a division with swiss, this will permitt us to see how it works, so let's range to 0-6 new players with unofficial goal beeing 4.
 Jump to: