43 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not in this tournament but I saw that someone is thinking of retiring.

Now general speaking (I'm not telling those stuff to UHI) I would like to say, that retiring is most annoying thing you can do to the other coaches in a tournament.

I know that because in almost every tournament I play, someone retires. When this happens it is just not fair for everyone else.
If you feel that you will lose the rest of your games, you don't have to retire your team, because it is not that important to have 6 unranked loses. But it is important for the tournamet to play those games. And in the way, propably you will find another damaged team for an equal game or you might recover.

That way you protect your image as a nice tournament player that never quits and everyone will accept you in other tournamets.

That is what I did at the Super World Series Cup. I played all my games and then I retired the team. The other coatches earned their points and advanced their teams equaly with those that damaged my team.

To all those that create tournaments:
Have you ever thought of creating a common black list with all the tournament quiters?
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

First even game gets bloody

Findlay, OH- The first game even in the best of the races tournament got pretty bloody. Elves are thinking about retirement after one game, they suffered many casualties and will be shorhanded next game. They are though the first game winners and deserve a round of applause.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=576583

Vamps Group
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

To all those that create tournaments:
Have you ever thought of creating a common black list with all the tournament quiters?

Already got one - among a million other things on my home page. Thanks to other tourney directors for submitting some of the names.
It's not a black and white thing, but if I have a choice between 2 coaches and 1 is on this list, I'll go with the other.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if all my players were killed off I still wouldn't retire the team in the turnament. If one coaches team is too good and bashes most players into Si or death ... he just made it easyer on the other coaches. You gotta be carful otherwise you will help your opponents without realizing it.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's an ongoing tournament, that is. My first game in the Blutballas Cup ended up also being my last, a) cause it was single elimination, and b) cause I got totally trashed by a higher ranked nurgle squad. Retired the team after, so guess they won't be able to play in the next Cup. But at least I didn't affect the rest of this tourney, other than to concede the game at the end. He was the most likely to win the next round (which he did), and my team was toast anyway, so why not concede?

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Quote:
I can't wait for those juicy goblins...

Oh...those juicy goblins would be coached by yours truly. And i´ll be looking forvard to playing you just after i´ve played my first match which would be against....(drum roll)...Dwarfs! Yay for me!

Dwarfs first...heavy on block/tackle...and then Norse...heavy on block.

Looks like the lil ones will be having a tough start in this tourney...

M
Funso

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I am the coach of the dwarven team.

The goblins are just the starters Smile

I can't wait till I get to kill some norse.
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am currently accepting applications for season two. Format of the competition has not yet been decided, but suggestions are being considered at the moment.
Christmas break is approaching I will explain in my next post what to do during the break.

Vamps Group
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I will upgrade all Standing every 3 days:
By Ranking:
#1 Austrias Media UHI [Elf](3)
#2 Cimmerian Criminals MrMojo [Norse](1)
#3 19 teams tied (0)

By Power Ranking
#1Cimmerian Criminals MrMojo 108/98 [Norse]
#2 19 teams tied at 100Austrias
#3 Media UHI 97/79 [Elf]

Vamps Group

Last edited by Cortelll on %b %03, %2004 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You've accepted another halfing team to the group and another rotters team, which isn't even a fresh team. what's that supposed to mean?

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably applications for season #2

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cortelll, nice rankings but the power ranking should be like:
#1Cimmerian Criminals MrMojo 108/98 [Norse]
#2 19 teams tied at 100
#3 Austrias Media UHI 97/79 [Elf]

And people, dont take too serious what someone says two minutes after being decimated in game 1 Wink
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

changed that for you UHI,
MrMojo,
The reason to accept those teams, is because I have not yet though of season 2, I might only get new teams or have team up to some TR, so I just accepted those teams, it's all up in the air, so if you got any suggestions I would like to hear.

Vamps Group
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Right second game has come to a close, and I can now sympathise with UHI, seeing my High Elves take a serious battering at the hands of the Undead, 7 casualties Sad

We will battle on, assuming we don't get the same in the next game we'll be alright. Go easy on us necros please.....

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Three points for win and one point for a loss? Do you get 2 points for draw? It sounds like a very weird scoring system that promotes stalling for draws? (assuming that ties = 2pts of course)