14 coaches online • Server time: 06:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reventlov

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
The bad thing about not playing all the races is, that you can have a maximum of 20 teams in Round Robin:/

Burn

Then it would have been better to not include Ogres or Halflings in the mix....
nickb2612

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm up for continuing (although i can't really continue cause i haven't began yet!)

I'm GMT and can be online evenings weekdays and anytime weekends so PM telling me a time when you want a maatch up and I'll be there.

I think that brutal's the only way to go to get these kinda things going smoth, a 1 or two week deadline for maches if not their forfitted. Easy to say however, much more dificult to do.
Falcone

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Im very interested in continueing and seeing if my ogres can actually win a game. I have just been waiting for my opponent to finish his game before mine so I could play him. But im very interested in continuing the league.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

heh i'm in the middle group and had a first round bye and still am waiting for my game thought it would be good cause i was out of town for 5 days right as the round started little did I know sigh Smile
Revener

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in it to the end.

"To the Death" Smile

Timezone GMT +1 thats BB Time. I work shift so I'm available at 22:20-4:00 when I work evenings (or possibly 8:00-11:00 if you ask Smile ), and 15:00-00:00 when I work mornings.
I was ok with the 2 games a week, but since we play all over the TZ's it is hard to get games played on time sometimes.

I usually don't hang around that much in the chat since I play SWG and EQ2 too Smile
Mittoman

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to finish too. My time zone is GMT+1. PMs worked fine for me to schedule games.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Great 16 coach answered, that makes 17 with me...

considering that we are 20 now (csopa dropped) that is a great answer count. I can easily bet that the 3 missing coach are those away from Fumbbl since days...

A little detail: Falcone you answered but where is your TZ and Play time? same goes for Mittoman and Burnalot as for Play Time Smile I can't properly work things out without this info.

So far I understand that there are two major reasons for this league not to work properly

1- We dont play every race
2- Timezones

The problem is that we cant really make both work together. If we play every race we will end up playing someone that is not fitting our timezone/playtime at all.

I am open in dropping a Team or two, to be able to create one single League in which we play everyone once. Although by doing so YOU, Coaches have the responsability to get your games played. A game per 10 days is reasonable to my eyes, much more than rounds not played over weeks anyhow.

If we go for the Timezones, that would smooth things out greatly, but we would not play every race.

Personally I'd prefer having a single League, if everyone engage in getting the games done in the acceptable timeframe. I know, besides 2 exceptions, that people were not telling me when their opponent was not answering. There were much more unplayed games than messages i received about the problem.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The 3 Coaches not answering are:

dtahyaio, nazerdemus and soultoken

dtahyaio and nazerdemus have been away of Fumbbl since days (5 and 7 respectively)...and I did not get any message of that beforehand. Since their reason is, in their head, not important for the league to know, then they are out.

as for soultoken he have been online 4 hours ago and did not even checked the League Forum, of if he did, he did not answered the call, which i consider a lack of dedication...

So the 3 of them are Out. That takes us down to 17.

The missing races are now Vampire, Norse, Amazon and Wood Elf.

I am attracted by the idea of dropping a race or two to be able to get one league of 20 or less races. But since the 4 races currently missing are quite competitive races, someone out there might have to change.

Halfling, Ogres and Goblins are the 3 Races that could not be represented.

Therefore I'd like Csonti, Burnalot and Falcone to post back with their wish: a)keep their current team, b)change to one of the 4 unrepresented team.

After that we will have to recruit 3 coaches to fill up the gap, but I give you 3 the first choice since you are here since the beginning.

After that I will end the current season (we will start anew with one single League, as planned in the beginning). There will be an open-round downtime for teams that are lacking some games. And then we will start anew, for once.

that is my plan, but if anyone have something to say, go for it Wink (although the 3 coaches, please post your answer right away)
cyric612

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you have a set tr cap so all those playing their games will no what they are aiming for? and i'm for dropping down to however many teams and then playing 1 game vs everyone
Cyric612
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not for Capping anything. The goal of this league is to be a league like our real life sports, teams coming back season after season....although what i can see to be interesting is a rule where coaches are forced to retire players that have played X number of games (to emulate a real retirement), although this is unneeded so far as the league is still young. It's part of a league to play games against teams that are much more bigger than your team...
Falcone

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My choice would be the Wood Elves and my time zone is Eastern Standard in the United States 6 hours behind blood bowl time. I can usually play between 6:00-10:00pm est or 12:00am-4:00am bbt on weekdays. On weekends when no plans anytime between 7:00am-10:00pm est or 1:00pm-4:00am bbt.
Thanks Falcone
cyric612

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't talking bout capping in general but You had siad that there would be an open round time to get your teams up to snuff and just was wondering if there would be a tr cap to start with so say if the new undead player plays like 9 games and gets to 180 tr it would suck to have to play them in week one with your team you had from round one of the league.
Cyric612
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The open games will be for teams that came late in the fold.

First round was 6 games, so I plan on giving open bonus games to teams under 6 games played. Those teams that played 6 games or more wont have those bonus games. Those under 6 games will have bonus games to get 6 played games.

So those that played their games in round 2 so far just have an advantage (gift for being dedicated...and nothing stops you from completing more games in the stagnant round 2 until i kill it)...while the new teams (as well as two that came late in round 1) will have the possibility to get their team at a minimum experience with the rest of the league.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Falcone,

so the 4 Races are now Vampire, Norse, Amazon and Ogres

Burnalot told me that he will keep his Goblins...so I'm just awaiting Csonti answer and then I can recruit.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Soo...should we continue to play games at all? Are we going to reset all point totals? My dwarves were itching to get their big mitts on the high elves, and the goblins in a game or two...pity, now we won't get that chance it seems...

Jump to: