27 coaches online • Server time: 08:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, sorry but yes the best option would be to restart everything. At least you keep your team to wich you started to get attached.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment, I seem to be the odd one out (GMT +10:30). I'd like to keep playing, but I have limited time during the week, so it is unlikely that I can really commit to more than one match per week. Basically, I have 7-10 hours time difference from every other person in the group, and the timing has proven to be too difficult to get that many games in. If we're still aiming for 2 matches a week, I think it would be better if a replacement were found.
Csonti

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wyrmtainter wrote:
Well, sorry but yes the best option would be to restart everything. At least you keep your team to wich you started to get attached.

hmm... i'm not a native english speaker, but these two sentences seems to me the opposite of each other.

anyway i'll keep my flings, these ones or new ones, no matter

fling powah!!!
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, yeah. We wont restart everything, but we will restart the Standings....but we will keep our teams.

So, now that Csonti gave his answer, the flings stays in the League.

So I am dropping Ogres.

Falcone...create your wood elf team and PM me when its done so i can invite it in and get your Ogres out. In the meanwhile I'll send recruitment for the 3 missing teams.
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ah tis a shame that all of this has happened, so far i have managed to play a game a week with my norse even against someone who was almost 11 hours time difference with me, i got up early on Sunday (my only day off) to play laviak but i think a strong 21k league shall result in the following,
1. Keep All the teams, i mean all!
2. Put a certain time limit on each team to play a game, and if they dont play then just give both teams a loss and DEDUCT points from them.
3. Make people sign up and give an e-mail address which they check regulary or msn chat account, i have emailed each of my oppoents both of these and managed to play every game fine so far.

but what ever is happening il be happy to continue with what ever team i can have
Revener

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My ICQ number and phone number is in my info, been there a while Smile
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

soultoken wrote:
1. Keep All the teams, i mean all!

I suppose there is a way to do this, but it means a bit of work for Wyrmtainter (or somebody): randomly determine a schedule and then set up the games manually in a KO format each round and everyone plays just their first game. Mully does this for the WWB and I did it for my Saints and Sinners League, although the league format is slightly different and would likely result in a bit more work. It does mean that you can't play your games ahead in a round.

The simplest way to do it would probably be to determine a schedule based on 21 teams and then randomly assign the teams a number (1-21) corresponding to slots in the schedule.

Round 1: 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6, ...., 19 plays 20, 21 has a bye.
Round 2: 1 plays 3, 2 plays 4, 5 plays 7, ...., 19 plays 21, 20 has a bye.
etc.

Something like that.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

More work... I might sound lazy but I'm not going to put more work in a league that got me disapointed so far. I'm giving a sprint of energy right now to get it back on track and I settled on a compromise (No Ogres) to make it work as it was planned in the beginning.

soultoken, even if you have been sent out due to your lack of dedication when you didnt answered the call a day ago. You might argue that you didnt see the Forum message, but a dedicated coach would have (and they all did...)

anyhow, as a sign of respect I'll answer your 3 points:

1- Sure...give me the magic way to make it work without me having to sit hours in front of my computer just for that
2- The system wont let Me give both a loss (I can forfeit one team, not both) and I cant edit a tournament Points (I can only edit the points of the group, at the end)
3- There is a system of on-site PM, a Forum, and an IRC client, all of wich can be used anonymously and works perfectly well. I dont see the need to get emails or IM accounts, wich are private info...therefore I wont force people to share those.

Thanks for your input, but we keep the first idea. Ogres are out, that makes 20 team. Round Robing, 1 game against each other Race, 3 a Win, 1 a Loss...
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, no team should have more ST5 players than mine anyhow.... Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Not like you need that many in the first place...

Z
cyric612

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh Lets get it on! My orcs have been waiting for an oppenent for weeks now
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If people want to help, spread the word that we need 2 coaches, dedicated coaches that are interested to play vampire and wood elves... Smile
Aconite

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering how things are going with the league restart at the moment? The puppies want more fun time!

(Brad Osberg)
Reventlov

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we going to bury this tournament or what?

Any news?
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

as you can all see, I killed the league yesterday. I understood that this was too large of scale to get everybody as dedicated as asked in the beginning. My own dedication to it gave up a few days ago and so i decided to do the same and put my mind on something else, smaller of scale and within an idea that havent been made yet to my knowledge
 Jump to: