32 coaches online • Server time: 01:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play in this type of league? (Read the post!)
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 101 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 37 ]
Maybe if it was different, ill explain below!
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 147

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Right then

Here is my proposition for a league I’m hopefully going to start soon. I’m looking for response here, looking to see if anyone is willing to join up and if anyone is willing to help me out as group admins to keep everyone civil! Wink

This is the first poll I’m running just to get a taste for what people think of it. I’m also going to run a poll to see what time people will be available.

This pretty much will be the format for the league. It needs a little refining. The way coaches will get their team is by saying which 3 teams you would like to have, in order, which will be posted in the forum to stop arguments. There will also be reserves who will be able to step in case any coach has to pull out.

Quote:
Sick of Elf mangling unions, fed up with dwarf mangling unions? If so, do you want a little bit of variety in a league with coaches who are online at the same time as you? Are you looking for a league with a long term commitment? Then this could be for you! The emphasis here is that we want coaches who will stick it out and play, enjoy playing all of the rest of the teams and who aren’t after a league of cherrypickers!

The basic idea of this league is to have one of each of the 22 teams that you can find in the Living rulebook. There will be a set schedule, which you must abide by and you must also…
The scoring system will be similar to the football “soccer” system. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.
You can, if you wish to retire your team and start afresh if things don’t go according to plan. Bear in mind that the other teams will have advantage by being more experienced!

Coaches will play 1 or 2 matches a week at a designated time to be decided before the league starts. It may yet be decided to have a 2 week break in the middle to allow time for other things! The time used will be BBtime There will be a chat room set up in IRC so coaches can meet up and give some trash talk(!), talk up their team and players and find their opponent for the round! You can chat about your luck or lack thereof and find out how the other games are going on, perhaps even speccing other games in the group if it isn’t your turn!

At the end of the season, the top 8 coaches will go into the knockout playoffs to find the victor of season one.

As the season progresses, there will be a table showing the stars of the league, with top scorer’s and blockers.

Have you got what it takes to represent your race? Are you confident enough to play against any team? Do you relish the challenge of bouncing back from a mauling to turn your team into champions?
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to bag undead, wood elves and Khemri

...assuming this gets going of course.

Last edited by Glomp on %b %17, %2005 - %23:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a great idea.

Quote:
The emphasis here is that we want coaches who will stick it out and play

But you'll get some huge problem with that. My experience is, that it is nearly impossible to have the particapants play every game
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Silence naysayer or I shall smite thee!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i would play, but it does sound like you'd need VERY dedicated coaches

"Now that's an esophagous!"
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a dedicated coach... and I like it.

However, my 2 cents is that you have a two-week window to get games in. To have "one time" for games to be played given you will have coaches all over the world. Apply a hard and fast forfeit rule every two weeks and expel non-committed coaches.

Nevertheless, I bags Orcs, Chaos or Dwarfs. Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

aye, what i was going to suggest was that if you know you arent going to be able to play your match at the usual time, let your opponent or an admin know and then get the match played before the next scheduled meeting. If they dont play and no correspondence is had, then the match is forfeitted randomly, or if one coach is ignoring the other as he doesnt want to play his zons vs dwarves then his match gets forfeitted. Ill be very strict on this. also if a coach doesnt play 2 games in a row then he will be replaced, its tough but it will keep the league running and stop it from dying! If its too tough then by all means suggest a possible alternative
Like i say its a commitment, and a rewarding one at that. You get to test overall coaching ability, planning for the games ahead, developing teams differently, possible use of stars, league play is a totally different ball game and much more exciting and tense than your average "freindly"

@ Inquisitor, thats fine! you can have undead since you asked first! Wink
csopa

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

well I can be dwarf, orc or chaos would be well fun
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Woo hoo!

Free zombies here I come!

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

nice

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be happy to join. My preference goes for Humans, High Elves then Orcs...

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nooooooo, Undead belongs to me...! Sad

Or chaos dwarfs...

I'd be interested. Very Happy

Squig

Falcone

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My choices for this league would be either in this order Wood Elves, Dark Elves or Humans. Sounds like allot of fun.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs, Chaos, Undead for me

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven or Wood Elves maybe, or Humans if they are still around.
Why not, depending on numbers, have different League Divisions, each one with every team in it. Failing that, divide the Existing 22 teams into perhaps 3 divisions, with 6/8/8 from the top. Just an idea
 Jump to: