40 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am recycling this thread. Please read the recent posts below (at bottom of pg. 1) for information about the switch in MNF tournies to full teams starting soon, at a pitch near you....

This is a thread for anyone who is playing MondayNightFourball or interested in playing in a league that meets at a consistent time.

Hello coaches! I would like your feedback as to what types of tournies you may want to see in MNF. As I already mentioned to you, I like the half-positional teams, and if we continue in a 4v4, 5-player team format, then we should make new teams soon and build them up together until we can combine them with old teams that have already been established.

I have also thought about a radical change that we could try for a temporary period of say...3-4 weeks. That change would consist of running a full-team league during a set time. Say 8-11 U.S. central time on Monday Night (as usual) and trying to get in two games in 90 minutes each. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in trying that out and if so what format/theme you may like to use. My proposition would be to run what I call a "Bare Bones" tournament.

==Bare Bones Tourney===
Available Teams: Undead, Necromantic, Vampire, Khemri
All teams would only be allowed to start with only base players (i.e., only skeletons, zombies, and thralls). Teams would then need to develop from these bare bones. Wizards allowed, but no stars. You may only purchase a positional player if you have lost the previous match and then you are allowed to buy only 1 positional player. This would help to even out weaker players or those with constant poor luck problems Razz If 6-8 of us would commit to something like this is could be finished in 4-5 weeks possibly including a KO tourney at the end.

Well post feedback, propose a new idea, etc.

celas

Last edited by celas on %b %30, %2005 - %00:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm willing to try just about anything.. a league that meets for games on one day of the week has been working well (at least for me) for MNF...wouldn't mind trying full teams

Bare bones: Hmm. on the positional player(s)..could you buy a 2nd positional if you lost another game? Kinda puts a bonus for losing. Now, if you could only have 1 positional player ever, then it's a bit better.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

you could buy another positional player if you lost again, but that is part of the challenge...would be fun to win the league without positionals at all. Now that would be great coaching. If nothing else, you would develop the grunts of the team and make that uber-zombie or thrall you have dreamed of. Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the biggest parts of MNF that I like are the set time and the good crowd you've gathered. As far as 4v4, it's more of a fun way to speed up games than a draw in and of itself, in my opinion.

Having played in the original non-progression Skeleton vs. Zombie matches, I have to say that they are a lot of fun. There's one small problem with all this, however. I'm willing to wager that the AG3 thralls will probably walk all over everyone else - and get the best possible position player those few times in which they don't do so. Also, Undead and Necros can't have Wizards, so that's another bonus for the Vamps (and Khemri). I could be wrong on that but such is the fine art of prophesy.

I do like the idea of adding positional players only after losses. Sounds like it will be a nice handicapping mechanism. Open to abuse (ie: throwing games early in the Round Robin to have positionals later in the season and, especially, for the KO) but, as mentioned above, you have a good crowd.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Good points BMM. Maybe remove the wizard access then (I never play undead or necros so I forgot about this). You are right about thrall doing well early on. Higher MV and AG will be very useful. Low AV and no regen will even it out a bit, plus I believe Vamp teams can find it harder to win unless you are a very experienced player. If they win the first few they may soon find themselves playing against mummies and werewolves which will even out the teams by reducing numbers.

I doubt we can make this change for the next week, until we hear more feedback, but I am glad you think it could be fun. MNF is for experimenting and with our current core of coaches, plus perhaps a few new ones, I think this has promise.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2005 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My team is Falcs Zombie Komedy Krew
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dem Ole Bones : http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=145052

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

cool, thanks for your help in putting up the link Gortex

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

We already have six teams and I have not submitted mine yet. Looks like it will be a nice tourney. Still accepting teams, but starting tomorrow:

Bare Bones MNF
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way: On behalf of the East Coast crew, I selfishly endorse the time change as well. 8:30 - 12:30 works much better for me, at least.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

One hour left before you show your bare bones!