41 coaches online • Server time: 13:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Want to have fun in BloodBowl? Want to play with your friends, not against them? Grab three of your friends, create four LRB-compliant U-Teams, and join up in a tournament where you try to be the best group of coaches in FUMBBL.

The Stable League is back!
Here, 4 teams form one stable, and the stables play against the other stables. Not every single teams victory is important, but only the power of the stable.

Go to the League info page for more information:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2131

If you want to join, but do not know 3 other guys on fumbbl, use this thread to find partners:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4298

Any comments or questions or expressions of interest should be posted in this thread.
Make sure to be quick, since we will start the first season with 6 stables and I have already heard of 3 who want to join.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2005 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a *bump* to get people to notice.
Remember: Use our
organization-thread to find partners.
The NoPow-Stable is already organized and will submit their teams shortly.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The NoPow Stable is organized, only 5 places left!

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey rasfahan, we haven't applied yet but I stand a stable place!!!

Don't forget it.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you're not forgotten. 4 places left Wink

odi

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhanitos Stable has submitted all five of their teams now. So we are in.
Peikko (Dwarf)
Axemurder (Undead)
Candlejack (Nurgle Rotters)
Odi (Khemri and that human lineman team)

Last edited by odi on %b %31, %2005 - %07:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

AxeMurderererererererer

Just AxeMurder =)
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun! Gimme a week to gather some other vikings, and then we will join and beat your puny a**es Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Trekamp, hurry up and build the teams.
What about a more agility based stable? Looks like more the bashy teams are attracted by this kind of tourney.
Wink
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You might also consider posting in our Organization Thread
Stargzrrag, for example, is looking for a stable.

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Yes, Trekamp, hurry up and build the teams.
What about a more agility based stable? Looks like more the bashy teams are attracted by this kind of tourney.

We have a Swedish stable going, we're making our teams in the next few days. But I have a suggestion that I think would make this a whole lot more interesting: Make every stable choose one bash-team, one hybrid, one agility + one free choice. The way things are going any new stables are pretty much forced to go down the bashy route to survive and this makes for a duller league. It seems kind of silly to encourage other stables to pick agility teams when you haven't done it yourself.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right in your points. We choose to give the restriction that each race should be represented only once in each stable. In the original league that was allowed, resulting in a Khemri stable. Well, our stable won agaist the Khemris, but it was nerve-racking to know your complete stable might be destroyed after just one match. So, with our restriction we hoped for more diversity.
In the stable I organised in the former league, we had one elfish team, which we thought was good to have. Now I chose humans instead of elves because I wanted to try them. But if it would encourage other coaches to play more agility teams instead of bashy teams, I will change (or we might discuss the composition of our stable), and hope that it gives no negative impression, that we change the composition of our stable after joining the league.

But I have two points you also should think about:
1. Each coach should play a race he likes to play
2. The victory of the stable is important, so the composition of your stable should be chosen that you can beat both agility and bashy stables.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll leave the makeup of stables to the stable leaders and their teams.
Since we will only have 6 Stables in the first season, this means only 5 games for each team. Also, from our experience in the first stable league, balanced stables performed better than bashy-only ones. But that shouldn't stop people from trying a bashy stable - the NoPows are trying it, and so are the Wuhanitos, but that doesn't mean everyone else has, too. Also, the NoPow stable considers withdrawing their human for an elven team.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually do think that creating a balanced stable is better than a bashy one (even if mine is pretty bashy) but I do not feel the need to restrict team entry. Actually, the game selection could give teams a chance to get some recovery back. It's tactical IMO.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This is on the choice of games in each match-up.
In the first round, the staff will throw a coin on who may choose the 1st, and who may choose the remaining 3 pairings.
For the further rounds, I had thought that the stable with less league points should be able to choose between these two possibilities. This will create some kind of "handicap" for the ones with more points (keeping the league exciting), and reduces workload on the staff, since we won't have to throw coins (or bowlbot-dice) for each matchup (of course, everything which reduces staff work is a GOOD THING!)
What do you think?

Jump to: