25 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kharnath

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it really necessary to have the scoring teams decide the order of match-ups? I mean, can't we just flip a coin or something similar?? I know some of my team mates are aching to play but now they have to wait at least two weeks.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah we are really itchy to get started with the new season. Waiting two weeks for the games to start for the rest of us seem a bit like a waste time IMO

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not really understand what you mean.

The scoring teams will be put in a round robin tourney. They will indicate the matchups: the pairings of the stables each round.

But in the matchups 4 pairings for the games have to be decided. And for that, I give you maximum one week.

And, if I set up the round robin on sunday, you will have to wait for max one week. After everyone has decided on their pairings for the games, we will set up round robins for each matchup. And then, you have maximum 2 weeks to play the games.

The 3 weeks are just like it was in the original stable league. We decided to copy that, but if you are quick in deciding the pairings and playing the games, and I or we feel we have time for the effort to set up all the new pairings in a shorter time than one week, it may progress faster.

So, you will have to wait about one week for the first match.

And: I stated it now several times: We are full. And that means, 6 full stables have benn accepted. All stables with 1-3 players that have not been accepted will not be set up in the first round!
I appologize to all who would still like to join, but for the reasons given we will start the first revival season with the 6 stables.
Thierry

Post 6 Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, Cool

Anxiously waiting for the opponent's stable name. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

We'll do our utmost to shorten each step of our invasion plan, hoping that our Horde will be remembered as the original one. Wink
Our tribes are ready, don't you hear them?It's Time for fighting now. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Only undeads can arise after Attila's Horde passage.

Sunday will be the revelation day, in two shakes The Horde will invade the world and Attila's Horde will reign again. Wink

Thanx to the staff for setting up the tourney & bad luck to you all when facing the Horde.(Mua Ha ha) Laughing Laughing
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh , I think we missed the bus somehow Sad

Still Think it would be best to have 8 Stables Smile , or at least 7 Sad

Wyld Elf Stable are sad Sad
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

nazerdemus wrote:

Sorry if I missed something, but why is 8 better?
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, Nazerdemus, that you were too slow. But to keep administration to an acceptable level, we decided to restrict the number to 6 stables maximum. If things go well this season, we will start a second one with more entrants, which you're then welcome to join.

The "scoring-teams" also make administration for us easier, because they mean we do not have to write down the league-tables and matchups by hand. All other solutions we thought about mean to manually care for HTML-tables which is a pain in the a** because the Group-Info page is pre-parsed by the site (which means you can't easily C&P from a HTML-Editor).

I am not sure what you mean by "determining the order of matchups." Your stable will have to play each other stable once. We deliberately decided against an Open format for this, because that would ensure utmost confusion on all sides (i.e. keeping track of who played who already alone would require a substantial ammount of work) and encourage cherry-picking.

Lastly, setting up individual tournaments reduces workload on us because scanning some kind of scoring-thread for all those matches (and determining if everyone played the right game) after they have been played is not a little work. This way, the site will "just do it" for us.

Arcon will start the Round-Robin Tournament on Sunday, and we will set-up the individual games as soon as possible, meaning the first games can be started on Monday or Tuesday - if you are quick enough to decide on your matchups. Since it's Round Robin, there will be no problem to advance your games quicker than according to the schedule (always provided, Arcon and I can keep up with starting the tournaments for the matchups - which I think will not prove to be much of a problem).

If the 3-week-schedule and the scoring teams are a minor inconvenience to you, I apologize - but we feel this minor inconvenience to you is far better than a huge workload on us Staff-Members which might prove too much and lead to an early death of this tournament like in the previous Stable League.

nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
nazerdemus wrote:

Sorry if I missed something, but why is 8 better?

8 would of been best for me is all cos then i could still join Smile

As everyone to scared to play the deadly elves and have shut up shop on our fearless ag4 teams , well have to settle for next time round Smile
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The first round of matchups has been started.
So far, we had 2 interesting games, including 3 killed players...
Rolling Eyes
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The first games are running, and if we stay at this pace, the first test season will run faster than planned.
As the rules state we have 3 weeks per matchup, that means, the max. duration of season 1 is still 13 weeks.

Rumours reached me, that 2 complete stables are ready to join. We will not change the format of the running league (apart from trying to run it as fast as possible), but complete stables may apply for membership and may have a chance to replace a dropout or state that they wish to play in season 2.

Since the first season was planned as a test (for the staff: to learn how to handle this format and the like), stables now in the league will have to join with new teams if they want to play in season 2 as well (not now, please, present stables will have the right to play next season if they wish). Therefor we give other players the chance to join the league. League 2 will have more stables and I think it would be great to transfer the teams from season 2 to season 3 playing with higher ranked teams. But that is still in the future.

To make it short: Apply with complete stables if you hope to be a replacement and/or wish to play in season 2. Wink
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Stable League needs YOU NOW! The Svendborg stable has left us due to RL issues and we need a replacement:
Get a team of 4 friends, and play as a group! You can find the details in my signature. PM the staff if you got a stable formed!

Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

We have found replacement for one stable.
Round 2 can be played now.
Very Happy
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The newest stable is in place. We will announce our decission for matches shortly.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we have a date set for when round 3 starts?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you read your pms?

"New deadlines for Round 3:

Matchups: Until Wednesday, April 13th
Redline: Wednesday, April 20th
Deadline: Sunday, April 24th."

Smile

As Rasfahan said in the group pm, the staff has been busy lately, and I still am for the coming week.
I think it is a bit harsh to call the league dead because of that.
On the other side, it was difficult for some to get their first game done, already, and that is what troubles me. The resonance was good when we set it up some weeks ago, but too many players seem not willing to play. I do not really understand where the problems are.

Nevertheless I think we should try to finish this season. The staff and some stables are willing to do that.

After that, we can discuss whether there will be another season or not.

So, please, announce your game pairings in the matchup thread and enjoy your games!
Remember that the stable with less league points can decide whether to announce the first or the remaining 3 pairings.
Wink
 Jump to: