49 coaches online • Server time: 16:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, I created the group page, so you guys can start joining, but if any new guys want to join, remember to post in this thread, just to figure out who joined first.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in too, I'll make my team later Very Happy
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Any special reason that the points are 10 6 4 and not 3 2 1? =)

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

good point, not really, I just came up with those numbers in my small head, I first typed 10, 6 ,4 and 3... Then deleted four.
Depending on how many players we get, I just have to figure out how many players get points.
Ebenezer

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

HE team just created, count me in Smile
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see all you people joining, I was thinking we would start off the season next monday (feb 7th).

I guess there's still room for couple more coaches, but there's allready enough coaches for 2 six team divs, but we'll start on monday anyway. Feel free to post on this thread or PM me, if you have any ideas about the tourney. Or contact me in the chatch when I'm around.

Odi
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I’m quite interested in joining a tourney and once a week is a nice frequency. I just never joined a tourney before and would like to know how it Works and what I have to do to join. Could somebody explain to me:
• what a round-Robin is?
• In which division I have to create my team?
• Will matches be fixed (i.e. you know for example that your third match will be against the dwarves and your fourth against some skaven) or will you need to arrange your own matches?
• Do I need something else before I can join the tourney?

Thanks
Bas
Webbe

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in!

btw Bascrebolder, Round Robin is normal league play (for most sports at least), ie you meet everybody in your group once and games are sedualed.
You create a team in unranked [U] (also called Tournament division) and there is nothing special you have to do to join but know that everybody hates a quitter (or a coach that doesn't answer PMs about upcoming matches) so ask yourself if you can be comitted to the tourney for the coming 7-8 weeks.
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info webbe! I think I will join here if still possible. Who can I ask to see if it is still possible?
I like the idea that games are scheduled. So each week I only have to play one match and I know who to contact… quite convenient. As for commitment: I might not be able to play every evening but will be available on 2-3 evenings a week for the next 2 months and I will reply to PM’s.

btw how many matches will my team play before being reset?
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested, count me in.
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, 15 coaches for sure now, 1 is still unconfirmed. So if anyone wants to have a chance of getting into this tourney, you're gonna have to start taking numbers.

Odi
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi did you count me in already? I really would like to join... I just want to know how many games we are going to play so I can create a team accordingly...
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Bascrebolder wrote:
Odi did you count me in already? I really would like to join... I just want to know how many games we are going to play so I can create a team accordingly...

Yup, I counted you in, we'll be playing in 2 8 team divs, so it'll 7 games + the final if you win your division. There's a link to the group in my first post, if you want to check which other teams have allready joined.

Odi
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there's one more opening left.
savsta

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Put me down for a place..