17 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Blasting off for the very first season - it's the Chaos Cup!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2232
worse

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I like everything named Chaos. Of course I will be a horn in boelckes side during this death/glory....muahahah
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Right...six applications so far...but we want a lot more to make this one of the greatest cups ever!
All teams, at all ratings, are welcome! Remember: If you want to compete in more than one category;
- Simply apply with more than one team!!
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we have the right to see who's applied thus far...I threw my skaven into the mix, just b/c I'd created them for another tournament but never used them, so they were wasting space otherwise. But I doubt you'll get many elves applying unless they see there is more than simply chaos teams involved...

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Very well then...I'll accept all applications and we'll see...
I'll simply notify via a group-PM when the teams become "locked"...
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh...and despite the name...ALL teams are more than welcome to join!!
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

bwahahaha! count me in.. *throws some dirty rats into the ring*
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, Uncle, that makes it 17 teams so far...
AnthonySoprano

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hey folks, just chucked my team into the ring.

Looking forward to gaming on.
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought...

How about playing cups in order of ascending TR...i.e. first the 76-100 then the 101-125...etc. - thus allowing teams that make it to the next "level" play there as well..? This allows for more participants (larger cups...) and the possibility of a "Grand Slam" - winning ALL the "levels" and having developed a great team...

Let me know what you think...either by PM or in the forum...

/Boelcke
Arcon

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It´s a nice idea, but that would mean much waiting for higher ranked teams, which, from your description, are an important part of the group (those, no longer in another tourney).

I´d start the events as soon as possible.

And I am against anything that might promote bashy teams or gives advantages to them...

Very Happy Very Happy
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon...those higher ranked teams doesn't really have to wait...since they're allowed to play games until the schedule (of their "level") is fixed...

And as for the bashiness-part...well...I haven't implemented anything to favour either type...of course a bashier team will live longer...and a "elfier" team will score more often...
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So far most people seem to think it is a pretty neat idea...the only drawback mentioned is that high-TR-teams will have to wait longer for their games... This is not completely true as they're free to play/leave/join until their tournament is started (as mentioned above). And in addition, in the long run, the scheduling will be cyclic...i.e. CCI(TR76-100), CCI(TR101-125)...etc...CCII(TR76-100)...well..you get the point... Please do keep sharing your thoughts and suggestions...as well as applying with your teams!!
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Boelcke wrote:
So far..the only drawback mentioned is that high-TR-teams will have to wait longer for their games... This is not completely true as they're free to play/leave/join until their tournament is started...

Maybe so in theory, but how often do higher tr unranked teams actually get games outside of tournament structures? Tournaments are the sole reason imho to keep a higher-TR unranked team at all! Besides, if I'm told I have to wait a month or more before I can begin play in a tournament, I very well might lose interest in the tournament period and look for one which will allow me to play NOW. Keep that in mind...

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...I can certainly see your point, Eagle, but I try to create a tournament that will please as many people as possible...as well as being somewhat original (yeah, yeah...I said "somewhat"...) - so I'm afraid there'll have to be some compromises...

And for the waiting part...try to see it from another point of view: I won't ask anyone to wait a month...not even a week...you're all free to do whatever you wish until the "level" you are to participate in is started... Oh...and if I announce the starting of each "level" - won't applying and playing games there ASAP be basically "NOW"..? At least in theory...

But if you still think we'll lose lots of (potential) teams to "waiting-time" and that the "advancing" teams won't make up for this...what do you suggest? I came up with the "cyclic advance...whatever"-idea in order to keep as many teams as possible in the tournament and not have to start the final stages of the cup with just a few teams...

Edit: Sorry if I'm babbling slightly in this last post...I had it all written down in decently understandable english when one of my cats...well...you get it. Though I still can't see which d**n "delete all"-button she hit!
 Jump to: