19 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

n a few weeks, Waterdeep's streets will get quiet in a frisky evening of Winter. Peasants, merchants, thieves, prostitutes, adventurers, everyone will be entering the Coliseum of Lliira, eager as they will be to witness a event of one of the most popular sport of the Forgotten Realms : a Blood Bowl match.

But this will not a usual match between some local teams. No my friend. It will be the inaugural match of the Forgotten Realms League of Blood Bowl.

Group Page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2248

This group is a themed group around Dongeon&Dragon's Forgotten Realms setting. Each team submitting to play in this group has to fit with the theme. It means you have to have a Forgotten Realms related Team Name, Bio(you MUST have a good bio), Team LOGO (imporant) etc.

I Am checking other Fluff leagues to find a good fluff format. Teams will need a Home City, Home Stadium, nick name, coach name, etc. Put all this in the BIO.

IMPORTANT: Everyteam must be [U] Division and LRB Official roster and must be 100TR.

Star Players are NOT allowed. Wizards ARE allowed (since Forgotten Realms has wizards! Razz )

A small Pre-season event will start as soon as we got 8 teams ready for the league. When the season will begin for good, we will add any team that have submitted AFTER the beginning of the pre-season.

MIRC Channel: #Waterdeep

No more then 2 Teams of Each races except the following exceptions: Humans, Orcs, Norses and Amazons. These can be more represented since we can expect these races have a larger population.

This league is especially open to all the Roleplay lovin coaches of FUMBBL. What I mean is that every coach should post often in the forums about their games, their team, etc. Every game should be commented in this thread, if not with some pre-game posts but at least with post-game posts. Use your imagination guys, I am expecting that YOU will give life to this league!

To help on the Roleplaying department, everygame will have a Home team and a Visitor team. To determine wich team is receiving, we will use a very simple system. I will each round determine wich team is home/visiting and will post the information in the forums AND in the tournament informations. This way, you will know in the beginning of each round if your team is visiting or receiving.

I would expect your roleplays to fit with this home team setup. So when your team is the visiting team, your roleplay should be aimed around the fact your team will go play in your opponent team stadium/city. Same for receiving teams.

If you dont understand, feel free to ask questions in here or catch me on the #Waterdeep mirc channel.

P.S.: When I that there will be a home team and a visiting team, there is NO link between this and wich team will receive the kickoff first!!! As in real life football, the team receiving the ball first is still decided with a coin toss!!! Razz

Last edited by Mazzix on %b %06, %2005 - %07:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The point system should be as follow:

2 points per win.
1 point for draw,
0 points for loss.

IF the is a tie:
Demarkation by TD;
Then Demarcation from Cas
Then demarcation from TD against
Then Demarcation from Cas Against
Then Coin toss.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2005 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

if it is tied TD is moot?

am I wrong?
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Moot???

I think you'll have to explain the sense of this word my friend!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

moot = irrelevant.

It's not moot Mith, because this is tied on points on the table end of season, not after a single match.
Mith

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2005 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ok got ya
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elf limit of teams reached.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

2 more teams needed to start the pre-season.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump up*

If you want to join, bad havee no idea to start with -> I´ve got some left after I settled with the Zhentarim. PM me Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Pre-season has just started!!! Good Luck to the 8 first teams of the FRBBL in this first event of the Forgotten Realms Blood Bowl League.

This event will end by the end april 10th. Teams have a total of a month to play their games

The First Season of the FRBBL will begin after the pre-season finals in april. We are expecting at least 16 teams to compete in the first season of the FRBBL. So even if you missed the pre-season, you can join the group with a new team.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

my playing times are usually mon-fri 6pm-11pmish cst, sometimes sunday on and off

I work full time and avoid the computer on most weekends
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgotten Realms Sports Center Breaking News

Luskan, 10th of March
Reporter: Bjorken Largemouth

It was a clear sunny day at Luskan. All the population of the city gathered to the Bloodspill Stadium of Luskan to see the game between the House Freth III and their love, the Luskan's Cutlass. Before the game began, officials counted a crowd of 54000 persons in the stadium.

The Cutlass's trained very hard in the previous weeks and it payed them good right in the beginning of the game. The defense of the Cutlass recovered a fumbled ball and scored two times in a row, showing the great skills of the pirate formation coached by "Red" Aruph Thunderfist. Alas, the Drows showed to be the first to spill the blood in honor of their godess Lolth, killing in the first minutes of the game Olaf Kragenson. The death of one of their partners seemed to give the Cutlass's a great boost of strengh, driving the Drows in the ground all game long and hurting some of them on the run.

The game ended 4-0, showing the great superiority of the Ship Sinkers training. Thunderfist accepted to speak with us after the game.

Forgotten Realms Sports: Any comments after this great game for your team mister Thunderfist?

Aruph "Red" Thunderfist : Arh, Was a very good game for the boys today. They showed the Realms that the Cutlass wasnt a team to mess with, and that we could score.

FRS: Did you expected a win?

AT: Well, I was very confident after training my boys. But in this game, you never know how the wind will turn out. But Im happy to see that we didnt wasted our time on training this defense.

FRS: You lost a player today. Is it a bad thing for the team?

AT: At this game, players come and go. Olaf wasnt strong enough to keep up with the big league. Its sad for his family, but I dont care a bit. We just needed to hire a new player, and Olaf's own son was in our list of replacements. His son is a good player too and will be now driven with the taste of revenge. So its up for the best I guess.

FRS: Anything you want to say about the next match?

AT: Well, we dont know yet wich team we will face. But be sure of this: we will fight till the end and show no mercy! Northmen are playing this game for very few reasons: spill blood and win!

Unfortunatly for Forgotten Realms Sports, as Aruph "Red" Thunderfist said those last words, he punched Bjorken Largemouth with a terrible blow to the head. Largermouth died in a temple of Luskan a short time after what showed to be his last interview...

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I joined the last one of these run by Mazzix, Then he dissapeared for months and it got shut down. Not sure I want to go to the effort of joining and playing some games to see it fall apart again. Maybe if it makes it to a second season.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey wrote:
I joined the last one of these run by Mazzix, Then he dissapeared for months and it got shut down. Not sure I want to go to the effort of joining and playing some games to see it fall apart again. Maybe if it makes it to a second season.

It s not an effort... it s a game... you should take pleasure each game so what s the big deal if the tournament does not go to the end?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ash wrote:
It s not an effort... it s a game... you should take pleasure each game so what s the big deal if the tournament does not go to the end?

Well I don´t know about you guys but I´m in it to play it through.