30 coaches online • Server time: 09:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CoachDan

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You have done again! I have to agree with all of the sugestions above. I specially like the fluff rules for eadsplitta and Fairy Folks Smile.
I think that apo:ed casualties should count for points, that way you don´t need to loose as many players for the opponent to gain the max amount of points. But I play an Elf team so.... but it should not be this way in the ´Eadsplitta for fluff reasons.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

ok group application PM sent. More eye candy added to group page (i just cant stop).

Karhumies once again thanx for all the feedback its been really helpful. I don't have time right now to type all the changes i have made, have an assignment for tomorrow. But bisically i've adapted your point system, without adapting the complex concede point system (-5 all over). Which means that you also get -5 when you concede a Swiss or Round Robin match. People may feel that Karhumies' suggestion with letting those games concede fairly easy to be a better idea, and if so be sure to let me know. My reason for keeping it that way is that I would like to avoid conceded/recovery matches all together (I've never had a conceded match myself and never had one concede against me either). But that may not work, anyways if you have any thoughts let me know.

I also modified the Eadsplitta and Fairy Folk special rules.

Added a SEASON SCHEDULE aswell.

hmm, can't think of anything else...oh, a last recruiting call. You can still make the league if you apply a team before monday. Look an earlier post for availible teams.

thats all for now...

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

About concedes:

How about a compromise? In the first round robin you can concede without losing any points. Since you begin with 0, it would look nasty if some guys end up with negative points. I also would not like to see crippled Elf teams leave the tourney after a single bad Dwarf match-up early on. After the first tournament, it would always result in -5 points, except in the 'eadsplitta cup, where you lose even more.

Even though you can chicken out "for free" in the first round robin, I think that no one is going to do it anyway because they would be left soooo behind in spp and first skills. Spps are very valuable in the beginning, as is getting enough money to purchase an apoth if you have no Regen.

I agree about the apo'd one being counted in. This way even Elves can try to get CAS points if they get bored in the last turns. Wink About the CAS for 'Eadsplitta....the maximum CAS points is 5 per game and supposedly only the guys with toughest armor will join, so it's only fair to count in also the apo'd one. Will have to think about possible rewards for pushing someone into the audience and making a CAS that way in 'Eadsplitta...fluff reasons, as always. I bet the fans will love the guy who lets the audience get in some of the action. Very Happy

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_QB wrote:
it all sounds good to me Smile
good work all

CoachDan wrote:
You have done again! I have to agree with all of the sugestions above. I specially like the fluff rules for eadsplitta and Fairy Folks Smile. --

Thanks for all the positive comments! It feels nice to know that we're on the right track and that these changes are developing the league into a better, more solid direction and that the participating coaches are happy with the changes we have been making. Smile

Thanks for all the suggestions made thus far. It is very good to hear different opinions from different persons. It helps to develop the league into the correct direction.

However, as we know it is impossible to fit everything into a single season. Therefore some of the things we have been discussing about will be left as they are ATM; by the end of season one we know what to do for season 2 to be even better. I am hoping to face you all once the league kicks off!

edit: As some of you might have noticed from the group page, I have been assigned as an assistant organiser. I hope I will be involved mainly in the statistical part of the tournament but if some of the other organisers will leave away for a longer period, I am ready to cover up for them whilst they are gone.

As for the group page: good work, Tyrant! Smile
Some tweaking still to do but the main things, such as the points allocation system, have already been corrected. My suggestions included in this thread have been modified by a slight bit by our head organiser. Be sure to check them out!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Re-post for all the coaches out there who did not see Tyrant's message about joining the league:

To all coaches who still might wanna join, the free races are at the moment:
Amazon (2), Chaos (1), Dark Elf (1), Elf (2), Goblin (2), Halfling (2), Lizardmen (1), Necromantic (2), Norse (2), Skaven (1), Vampire (2)

so if you see anything you like, don't hesitate to sign up. The season starts monday (and the first round will be a bit prolonged so that people going on vacation in the easter holliday still have a chance to participate).

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I personnaly act that way with negative points. They are set are -1 but if guys had apologize for not beeing only (hollydays, work...) I manually give them the point back.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I was recently pointed out to me that a skaven team slipped into to tournament with a fan factor of 6. I appoligize to all the people who i turned down for having fan factor 6, it was a mistake on my part. But since he's an active member and allready signed up for the tournament, i see no point in kicking his team. I hope you all share my view...lets not get petty here.
And I promise i'll do my best not to let it happen again. Wink

Tommorrow when the assignment is all done, I will have a look at at last ajustments needed to be made in the group page. And then it should all be ready for kickoff.

Edit: btw. right now 13 teams have applied to the tournament, so to the rest of you who want to participate. Remember to send me a PM with the subject: "team name"/"tournament name" (like "Kings Of Old/DOBC").
This makes it easier when i have to create the tourney, and makes sure that the coaches participating are active.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i never understood anyway why team MUST have a minimal FF requierement.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I lost track of the agility/strenght team count. But an elf team just joined the league, bringing the total count of coaches up to a whooping 23.
If new coaches want to join the league in time for the first tournament, they have to hurry. The tournament starts monday and teams must be submitted and applied to the tournament before that.
Hoping for a few late join requests Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
i never understood anyway why team MUST have a minimal FF requierement.

Here is my opinion about the matter. Tyrant might have his own, of which I do not know about.

There are a lot of new coaches in fumbbl, who might not realise that having a big fan factor means more money early on. If they suffer a player loss or two before being able to purchase an apoth, they will have a looong losing streak in front of them (injuries - losses - more injuries and FF drops - less money - losses). Because Grudge League is a long, multi-seasonal League, we want to see players having a nice start instead of retiring in the middle of season one.

Also, because we do not want to discriminate players by e.g. allowing only veteran players to begin with low ff, the same rule applies to everybody.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Fittingly enough the 100th post is the one where I declare that the group page ready for the start of the season.
We we're joined by another elven team (can you feel it? its beginning to even out... Shocked )
Thus making the 24 team mark we set a little under a week ago...yay!

Its getting close everyone!...
One last thing that might be added to the group page is tournament prizes. But since i don't know what the possibilities for those are (can you determin them your self or are there some premade prizes you can apply to your tournaments)...i guess only time will tell, unless someone's acually had some tournament management experience and knows this...
Anyways that will all be taken care of...

So i guess i will leave you with an Any Given Sunday quote (though spoken by Christina Pagniacci, it's a good one): "No intensity, no victory!!"

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kickoff roll: Elf invasion!

I bet Farinroderel sure is happy now. Very Happy

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %18, %2005 - %13:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Drud

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you post a list of the people who have sent PM's/who are in the tourney now?

It'd be nice to know if you're added Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

no priezs available. You can't give any. You only can play for fun and having a tournament written on your bio.

MMMM, indeed, newbies don't play tournaments Kar', or quit quickly.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

To all coaches who still might wanna join, the free races are at the moment:
Amazon (2), Chaos (1), Elf (1), Goblin (2), Halfling (2), Lizardmen (1), Necromantic (2), Norse (1), Skaven (1), Vampire (2)

so if you see anything you like, don't hesitate to sign up. The season starts monday (and the first round will be a bit prolonged so that people going on vacation in the easter holliday still have a chance to participate).

Jump to: