28 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry man, but the seeding is always random.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn. My av7 will begin to hurt a lot. Very Happy

tane

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! Little soft thingsies that go squish! And they don't even run that fast! And a big boogie moron! Handicaps in sight...

In need of something like this after the chaos that didn't go squish (but squished us) at all despite us doing 3 times more (2d) blocks than them during the match.

Winning would be a nice change (and lead to facing another new opponent, nice), losing would be a good way of saying our time is over. Getting beaten up would be just plain humiliating, but it's possible :)

-tane
tane

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning summer.

Either put 5 Stars on hold until September or alternatively ignore the fact that it's summer and continue with 10 day rounds.

30 day rounds just sounds like a lousy compromise with the worst of both worlds. It will slow things down and possibly make people lose interest. Only 2-3 rounds (of a total 7 + playoffs) would be played, not really much of a gain over taking summer off? I'd still be saying no, even with 30 days to play my games.

However, an idea just came up: if a number of regular reliable coaches are going to be away during summer (but interested in continuing later on) and people still want to play 5 Stars, but maybe with a more summerish feel to it, how about a 5 Stars Summer League with new teams? An added incentive to play could be the possibility to continue in the autumn with either your old (current) team or the new team you played with during summer. People who aren't sure whether they have time for BB during the summer wouldn't have to leave 5 Stars if they opt not to join. You could even use a different format (open round robin?) for the summer league so the occasional 2-3 week holidays won't mess things up.

Just an idea for you folks who want to play during the summer, feel free to comment :)

-tane
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I say go on as we used to play.
Well, I do not have to take the responsibility if the league does not run. Wink

But, it is 5star. My point is that games do not last long, and if we try, we might play games days or weeks before they have to be played (Celestial has been weeks ahead of shedule). And even if this does not work, a typical holidays won´t result in more than 1 or 2 games.
Well, 2 games is too much, actually.

Maybe a break is not a bad idea, but one has to think about what causes more harm to the league: some games forfeited or a break for several months...

If there will be a summer league, I surely would not play if it was open round robin. That style needs much more on-time than KO or round robin. There you can arrange a time to play via pms.

Maybe keep it running and extend to 15 or 20 days per round?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

15days and let us play!!!
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of open round robin then those that dont always have time for a regular playing time can get a game when he can fit it in (and also for those in widely different timezones Wink )

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of a summer 5 stars league sounds good but I like the idea of 15 days rounds during the summer better.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to G_Force for winning the Meteorite Division and congratulations to Thierry for winning the Asteroid Division 2!

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to the guys retiring m skaven team with two nigglers, a mng and a brand new rat ogre. Made a new one, this will be a better way to compete
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

cwebb wrote:
Congrats to the guys retiring m skaven team with two nigglers, a mng and a brand new rat ogre. Made a new one, this will be a better way to compete

I'm sorry to hear this cwebb. Skaven teams are so fragile... I'm afraid that in Season 4, we will have many retired skaven teams in cosmos conference. The reason for this is sk8bcn's Eshin's Dagger.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, +ST and claws help but I didn't get none of that. Maybe this time around
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A little APPROVAL note for all of you perhaps new to FUMBBL or new to cut down leagues...or who don't read the rules. It is FUMBBL policy that ALL players have NAMES. Not numbers, not kitten on the keyboards, not a cartoon character cursing...they need real and proper names! Makes no difference if you retire them instantly...they must have names. Will make everyones life easier if you follow the rules please.

Enjoy your fun Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
A little APPROVAL note for all of you perhaps new to FUMBBL or new to cut down leagues...or who don't read the rules. It is FUMBBL policy that ALL players have NAMES. Not numbers, not kitten on the keyboards, not a cartoon character cursing...they need real and proper names! Makes no difference if you retire them instantly...they must have names. Will make everyones life easier if you follow the rules please.

Enjoy your fun Wink

Oops, you mean this? Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Cap' I really hope I will do so. Then stage up. Then do it to fanatic..... With the secret hope never to play again Tane.... ;p

Or I just hope to win?
 Jump to: