26 coaches online • Server time: 08:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

*recontacting moltenllama*

Considering that Joe Montana retired his Human team from the league, for an obscure reason, we are asking you to reapply with your skavens so to fill the gap left

((I really hope this wont happen again...Its really lame)
tassel

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I should gain some kind of points simply for getting that guy out. He was obviously too terrified of my bragging here and in PM. Wink

Beware of the high thoughts my team has of itself. Twisted Evil
moltenllama

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

We replace we undermine we fill the gap we gnaw our way into the hearts of the fans.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

greets everyone, ill be short, but i think you all deserve an explanation for this disapearance.

I suddenly lost my internet connection last week, wich prevents me from logging in and playing. I am currently on another computer of the house, which isnt mine and on which i cant get the client installed and anyway cant stay logged online long enough.

Although i still have my computer with everything installed there still, so as fast as i get my internet back the PBL is coming back on track. It might take 2 weeks in the worst scenario.

Just consider the league on stasis until then.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok everyone, I am back on track about 80% of the time, so I reopen the league, hopefully without any further interruption.

Whats going on? I dont yet have the internet back on my own computer, although I stroke a deal with the other person in the house that got the internet, to be able to come on his computer when he is not on it. That means about nearly no change of the hours I was online before since Im always online at night, and that persone just goes to sleep early in the evening. The only exception are the week-ends as I got a new job on the week-ends and Im working night shifts, therefore cant be online at all on the week-ends. That is until I get the internet back on my computer in about 1 or 2 weeks max.

So, I reopen the league, but with no timelimit as to play the games, until I can be here whenever I want. That means, play your games when you can. If over those 2 weeks the league members shows some good dedication without the need of a timelimit, I might keep that concept further down the line, we will see.

Have fun everyone.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Some clarifications

As some may have noticed, Smegish Lorien Waywatchers conceded his game to me in the second round of our division. Some people came to me asking why he was not kicked out of the league.

If you read the rules carefully, it is said that forfeiting is against the rule, not conceding. So yes you can concede a game at turn 1 if you wanted to forfeit it. That is to ensure that the winning team gets a minimum of something (cash, spps) out of a game, where a forfeit gives nothing besides the mere Standing points.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And as it was said to me, that concession "gives my team a great advantage with all the cash" ...well, then if you dont want a team to get such advantages, dont concede. If a team manage to make you concede then your problem and his glory. Just know that if you concede ur going to be in big problems to win later on, but you arent going to be kicked.

And anyway, you will see what the dedication points truly does at the end of this season.
Smegish

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Wyrmtainter, it wouldn't particularly bother me if I was kicked from the tournament, cos that team is screwed anyway
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A question wyrm when is the 3rd round due to finish???

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

hey you do know that you're playing against my team that only has 9 players for our game. Right smegish

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Question to Wyrm:

When will you be handing out the dedication points? I have two injured positionals I would like to replace if I turn out to be dedicated enough to eran that right. Obviously since cash is not flowing freely in our league I would like the opportunity to plan ahead for this.

My current assumption is that this will take place at the end of the current round/season. Is this correct?
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

it is what it says on the group page

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well the thing about dedication points is, besides those things ive set already, which ill use as hints for other things, im not yet sure how much point to grant for this or that. So im waiting the end of the season to grant the points and set the points system in the ground for further seasons.
Btw, for fairness, on all things that are granted arbitrary DP (match reports, team/players bio etc), i will give myself the average of the league on those points. Since i wont be granting my own self arbitrary points, that would be foolish, and asking the league to vote, that would take too long
And for a clarification: DP will be granted at the end of each season upon the season that just ended.

As for round 3 deadline, i said in a group PM that there are no deadlines anymore until i finally get back internet on a regular basis, which isnt done yet.
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

and btw smeggish, the whole purpose of this league is to play eventually bashed up teams. You might have get a bad start, but things could come back nicely eventually while other teams gets injuries and stuff....it always comes back. Dont throw the towel mate, persevere through it and see your team come back from hell Smile
ruoste

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

if this league is still taking teams in, i would like to participate with my undead team weeping wastes
 Jump to: