44 coaches online • Server time: 12:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Markusen

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there!

I'd like to join the season with a Norse Team if it's still possible.
Janzki

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
About rule 4. The 2 divisions of season1 have a very good mix of teams and I think that a good mix makes a division fun. You don't have to play the same type of teams, that would be boring.

I'm with Captain1821 on this one. Please don't categorize the races.

-Janzki
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No wizards or star players.

Type:
Round Robin tourney with 6 to 8 teams per division, max 2 divisions. If there are 2 divisions the top two coaches from both divs will play in the playoffs.

Divisions are made from the final standings from the previous season:
DIV A: A1,B2,A3,B4,A5,B6,A7,B8
DIV B: B1,A2,B3,A4,B5,A6,B7,A8

Scoring, during the season (doesn't count to coatch) points:
win: 3 points
Tie: 1 point
Forfeited games: 1 point (there's an option B a little later).

Or if there are 2 divs:
Champion: 10 points
Runner up: 6 points
3rd and 4th: 4 points
3rd place in a division: 3 Points

Races: I wouldn't like to limit what races ppl can play, but some ppl seem to like this idea, so how about max 2 teams of the same race in a division, shouldn't be that bad, it's not like we have 4 dwarf and 4 orc teams in either div. Peikko's idea about splitting the teams into 3 categories, a coach names his favorite race from each category and random selection of which category the coach will end up with, sounds fun. And if everything goes wrong, I can always blame Peikko about killing my tourney Razz

If a coach misses 2 games in a row, and does not contact the tourney admin about it, the tourney admin (yes that's me), will try to find a substitute for the coach (ofcourse everyone is allowed to try get some substitues if/when we need them). Oh and that option B I was talking about for missed games, if a coach drops from the tourney and no substitute is found, why not just disregard all his games in the season? Yes I know that his oppos have gained some spp, there's nothing that can be done about that. But just substract possible points from the coaches who have played the dropped coach? I think that this might actually be more fair than giving 1 spp for a forfeit? It'll just mean that I'll have to manually update the scores accordingly? For example: In the season 1 Division A, we would have disregarded all of AvatarDM's games.

I think 3 missed games in a season would be anough to drop the coach from the next season, atleast if he doesn't contact his oppos and the tourney admin. Like for example ChrisB told me he would be away for 3 weeks, so I got a substitute for him in the meantime, even though the tourney program went a little haywire.
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Janzki wrote:
Captain1821 wrote:
About rule 4. The 2 divisions of season1 have a very good mix of teams and I think that a good mix makes a division fun. You don't have to play the same type of teams, that would be boring.

I'm with Captain1821 on this one. Please don't categorize the races.

-Janzki

I think Peikko meant that we would have about an even spread of teams, which would play in the same divisions, so it would make sure that there would be an even spread of teams in both divisions. I don't think he meant that bashers would play bashers and ball players would play ball players. Just throw them all together and turn on the blender.

That is, if I understand the trollish language as well as I sometimes think I do.
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
I think Peikko meant that ...

If that sounds smart, yeah then I ment that...
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm anxiously waiting for the next tournament.

1 When is the current tournament scheduled to be finished?
2 How many coaches do we still need?
3 When is the 2nd TR100 tournament due to start?

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Depending on the answers to the previous post, I might be interested in joining if you need more people. I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway.

Cheers,
Freshmetal
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your idea of not counting the offending coaches matcher at all Odi, that is fair. In the first season I would have been on the second place if an opponent had decided to not answer my PM:s. I still have the chance of ending up second but I won't as my last opponent doesn't answer PM:s either (and he dropped out of another tournament that I played before the first game too). I see that only one coach have dropped from the other division. Season 2 should get better when the bad eggs are exchanged, 3/4 of the new ones should be decent people. Smile

I don't think a race restiction is necessary. It has been a good spread of races in the first season. I'm not strongly opposed to it if people want it though.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi, Keep a spot for me for the new season, I will create a new Orc team as soon as I finish with the finals.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sssssooo, no progression?
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
Races: I wouldn't like to limit what races ppl can play, but some ppl seem to like this idea, so how about max 2 teams of the same race in a division, shouldn't be that bad

Sounds good. IMO it could have even been max 1 team in a division, but max 2 sounds ok.
Odi wrote:
Peikko's idea about splitting the teams into 3 categories, a coach names his favorite race from each category and random selection of which category the coach will end up with, sounds fun."

Peikko, could you build the groups quickly, so we can begin to choose our favourites from the groups Smile
Shinan wrote:
I would still like to vote for TR100 being a non-progression tournament.

Not so sure about the non-progression. IMO non-progression tournament is too good for the dwarfs and teams with blodgers. Still, it's definetely true that Shinan's last season was disastrous. I guess there's no chance of getting just 1 skill per match rule?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

/me seconds no-progession.

-Douglas Adams
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have no problem with non progression, but if it will be like that, I might change race.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to throw a CD team in for the next tourny, progression or non-progression.

I'll keep checking this post for dates and whether or not there are slots open/available.

Thanks.
odi

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Only the finals to be played now, and then season 1 is over. Coaches from last season can now start submitting their new teams. Well, even new recruits can start submitting, but I'll first accept coaches from the first season, if they want to join. And then the new coaches.
But I'll accept all the teams at once, so ppl won't know what the other guys are playng with.

I was wondering about forfeited games, if a game has to be forfeited, it would be considered a tie (1 point to both coaches). But if it seems some coach has "dropped" and doesn't play his games. The the games that coach has played, don't give any points in the tourney. The coaches who have played the guy, still do get the advantage of getting spp and cash from those games?

It seems lots of people would like the tourney to be non-progressive, so let's have the season 2 as non-progressive.
 Jump to: