17 coaches online • Server time: 05:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Recordopedia All-Stars Tournament

Is there any interest in a Fluff-style tournament for experienced coaches and experienced teams ?

I would like such a tournament, so I am setting up this brainstorm thread...

Why experienced teams : Finally a chance to once again play with yer old legends you love on a regular basis...

Why experienced coaches : Less chance of newbie-drop-out-syndrom occuring on a large scale (which I think is one of the biggest fun-killers)

To add to the fluff I would take 2 rounds :

1. Qualifiers, any unranked team can participate, no TR-cap, but the coach must have played a minimum of 100 matches on FUMBBL (probably Swiss-format to get nice pairings and a greater chance of even matches)

2. Finals : all invited teams + the top qualifiers (so breaking a record or scoring a Larson during qualifiers = auto-qualification)

All unranked teams that are mentioned in the Recordopedia would be invited. The format of the Finals would be decided upon depending on the amount of teams that enter...

A report would be written about the tournament and it will be entered in the Recordopedia (and prolly several for the GLN Wink )

The speed of the tournament would be set to "High" and the length of the tournament to "Medium-Short".

Any suggestions, interest and/or feedback ?

P.S. : The tourney would have a dedicated site like the Sambabowl-site, with a ridiculous amount of statistics mixed up with fluff...

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %18, %2005 - %18:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
Sinner

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pity it's in [U]... I do not have a famous U team ready, though I have some that could join.

I'm interested, but I would join with a low team as I can't transfer my Darkie's Dreams to U (and I would never ever) and I can't transfer my other experienced Dark Elves from DivX to U...

sad but true, but count me in

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It only can be in U. Usual guy can't create an R tournament.
celas

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance you want to start out the tourney with divisions/qualifying rounds based on geographical locations? Along with newbs dropping out, I find that trying to schedule games between the U.S. and Australia (and sometimes even just across the Atlantic Pond) can be quite a chore to schedule and makes it hard to keep the speed of the tourney at "high."

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
It only can be in U. Usual guy can't create an R tournament.

Hmmm, I remember me writing, that I would join in U. Btw. I know usual guys can't make R tournaments. Though you still can create a group in R and count them matches, would not be automatic though it would work...

Don't take this further, this is about a grand private tourney for fun coaches and not about ranting and fouling

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun, I'll join with my REALLY evil gitz...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

DOUBLE POST

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %18, %2005 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The first set of inviations has been sent, we are currrently accccepting apppplications....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2287

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea, but I see the only team in there right now is an Ogre team that was created before the rules change. I am sure you will not miss me much if I did not join, but having to play a team that can field 11 Ogres who all have block and many other skills that would currently be considered doubles (at the moment they have 23/38 skills that would be considered doubles and that does not include the 2 +MA, or 4 +AG, nor the block skill on the goblin) is downright crazy and suicidal. Not to say that some team could not manage to scrape out a win or tie, but the costs would be horrific. A team without the leap skill or AG 5+ would not be able to penetrate the STR 5 wall of block/guard and will also have a hard time getting the ball from an Ogre cage in which the Orge ballcarrier has block and sure hands. Maybe you just have that team there as a placeholder.......?

Last edited by celas on %b %18, %2005 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

the team certainly won't play in the qualifiers...

Everything about the Finals is still up in the air for discussion, so yes, it is a placeholder...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

phew Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

When there are enough people entering I am willing to organize regional qualifiers...

And teams that are mentioned in the Recordopedia can not play in the qualifiers since they are already qualified for the finals...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, what rating is "experienced"??

is 166 rating experienced enough?

I could make up with coaching skill Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

teams won't get rejected because they lack experience, coaches will

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in and I'm going for the Cas record Wink....

Jump to: