25 coaches online • Server time: 06:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

"Graf Boris Todbringer looks over the 24 gathered coaches. The crowd is dead silent, as a subtle smiles creeps across his face and he nods.
A sound of blazing trumpets and cheering fans erupts, as the very first season of the Grudge League has officially begun."

This is the thread for the first season of the Grudge League.

The Dawn Of Blood Challenge, the tournament for rookie Grudge League teams have begun. Matchup, redlines and deadlines have been posted in the group page.
Good luck gentlemen!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

A Skink who looks very beat up over his years of life, sits in the back of the room, looking to Graf Boris Todbringer. As the trumpets sound, he turns to the sidelines, towards where his team is gathered. Smiles knowingly as his players stare at their opponent. Prrrymjjjaaa smiles knowingly that his team can take any dwarves, it does not matter which coach leads them, his lizards are smart, and fast. Two things needed to beat the Dwarves.

Hey Tyrant, lets see if we can get the first game for this league, I am free whenever, so if you can be around, lets make it happen. Catch me on the client, or PM me

EDIT Miss understood REDLINE, sorry
bogh

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking to reporters before the opening ceremony of the Nuln Division of the DOBC, Efrain Swiftfoot, Captain of Avelorn Talons, commented on the draw:

"I see a big challenge for our team. We are meeting a Norse team, two orc teams, a dwarf team and a chaos dwarf team. These are all very physical teams, who hit hard and play a very direct style of Blood Bowl. So we have been working mainly on the fundamentals ever since and we are hoping to win by focusing on ball control."

When asked to put one word on his teams expected style of play, Swiftfoot said: "Hit and run". When reporters hassled him for using three words and not one, he responded: "Okay then just run.".

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Emmerich Edelhertz (former scout, now Grudge League reporter) has commented on the draw, and gives his early winner projections (remember this is Emmerich Edelhertz first season as reporter so his predictions might not be spot on every time Very Happy ).

THE DAWN OF BLOOD CHALLENGE

Marienburg Division:
This years Marienburg Division is a very balanced one. We've got some agility based teams and some strength based teams, but none of these teams are in the extreme end of the scale. The most agile team is the Dark Elf team: Underdark Saviors, while the most strenght based team is a toss up between the Undead team: Reclamation and the Chaos team: Jacks. The rest of the teams lie somewhere in between these teams on the strenght/agility scale.
I think this division will be one of the more unpredictable ones, with one game being basherball while the next one might be elfball.
Even though it's a hard call. My personal favorites to win this division is Moonlight Stalkers. With a good mix of strength and speed players, they will be able to employ a quick and strong running game. And their cheap linemen will ensure they never show up to a match undermanned.

Nuln Division:
This division emphasizes one thing: Strength. We've got the savage Norse, the sturdy Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves and the two terrible Orc teams, all in the same division. And then we have the odd team out, an Elf team: Avelorn Talons. Who I must commend for their bravery as their head coach recently annouced that the team will not be using metal armour like most of the other teams, but they will suit up in their regular leather armour. Thats guts for ya.
It is needless to say that these division matches will be dominated by a strong and powerfull running game on the offensive side, and a pounding, bashing of opponents players on the defensive side.
Now in this division I would like to announce two possible winners. Firstly, and this i my wildcard winner: Avelorn Talons. If these elves can keep 11 player on the starting lineup each game, then they have every possibility chance to outmaneuver their way to victory.
Secondly, the Dwarven team: Mazarbul Protectors seem to have a good well-rounded squad, with their biggest problem being a lack of speed. They are my second pick.

Middenheim Division:
This division has some teams capable of playing beautiful aerial bloodbowl. Some teams not even capable of gripping the ball, but capable of inflicting serious damage to an opponent. And some between the two.
I talked to the Ogre Bullcrusher Lowbrow from the Hellgate Giants after the draw had been made and asked him what kind of expectations he had for the tournament. He answered:
Bullcrusher Lowbrow: "Oy, slim! i'll be makin' breakfast outta' all in me way!".
Great guy that Ballcrusher. I'll be looking forward to seeing him in action.
Now for my prediction: I choose keepers of the flame. These Chaos Dwarves have a solid core of players and could go all the way.

Altdorf Division:
This division is all about....you guessed it agility. We've got 2 Elven teams, a Skaven team and at last some Lizzies. On the other en of the scale we have a Dwarven team and a nasty bunch of Nurgle Rotters.
I've got a feeling that one of the agility teams could run away with this one. But im gonna go against my gut feeling and pick Rot For Long You Won't! as winners of this division. Those fast, horned beastmen combined with the tentacled beast To Rot Or Not?, should be able to keep those quick teams under control.

And remember folks the two best placed teams from each division, go on to the playoffs.

Last edited by Tyrant on %b %21, %2005 - %12:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rot For Long You Won't! head coach Zee watched the skies for any sign of a downpour... he didn't need his beast to have a slippery grasp on the field. To Rot Or Not? did not disappoint him, by being there for all the places his coach needed him vs the High Elves of the Belierand Brotherhood. The Rotters managed to waltz to an almost easy 2-0 win, though there were moments where the elves almost broke through to score. The stars of the Rotters were Rotter Mneach, who scored the only casualty for his team, earning him the VP from the fans as the "Most Gruesome Casualty Causer." With his acclaimed fame, the Coach procured some new Claws for his strongman, hoping that he will make the best of it. The real star, though, was Beastmen Ergy, who managed to score both the touchdowns of the game. Being in the right place at the right time, he managed to scoop the ball to good measure, and excellent blocking from his team-mates managed to keep him on his feet and on the move for the score. His excellent hands only got better from this game, and he is sure to keep the ball in his hands in the future as well.

The reporters caught Ergy after the game, and he was quoted as saying "Those elves don't know a thing about ball handling. Send them to my tent; I'll show them!"

With this victory behind them, Head Coach Zee looks onwards. He faces Lizardmen next, and there is no doubt as to what will happen to those whiny skinks, though the Kroxigor looks like trouble. Zee hopes that Tyrant will manage to soften the hard lizards before they face the rotters... or Mneach might have to do it himself!

Z
Primetime

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

News from the Middenheim Division

After suffering a humiliating 4-0 defeat at the hands of the of the Dark Elven Black Kings of Naggaroth, the Hellgate Giants are reconsidering their endorsement of EZ-Break armour. Tusker Slumpback of the Ogre team had this to say: " I tink maybe we not make enough o' dem blood sacrifice before game, and all armour just fall apart. We not goin' to make same mistake twice".

Elbert Grout, spokesperson for EZ-Break, a division of Middenheim Tinfoil and Tissue, was unavailable for comment as he has reportedly not been seen since his last meeting with the Hellgate Giants.
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

News from the Altdorf Division.

Emmerich Edelhertz caught up quickly with 2 Kings Of Old players before the final practice. The first player our reporter was able to interview was the festively plump Longbeard Munán Mountainbelly.

Emmerich Edelhertz: "So Munán, are you looking forward to your first Grudge League appearance?"
Munán Mountainbelly: "Aye laddie, I'll be well fed for this one. Wouldn't want me belly acting up during the fight, now would we?"
Emmerich Edelhertz: "Heh, no, I guess not. Now Munán, i hear that the head coach plan on matching you up against the Lustrian Death star Kroxigor Killem now. How do you plan on managing such a task?"
Munán Mountainbelly: "Let me tell ya laddie! He might be stronger than good ol' me, and he might 'ave longer shanks than me and me fellow dwarves. But I plan on applying pressure, constant pressure, using all the weight i can muster. In fact, coach and me have been getting ready, using the ol' "McCrackens Fat in a Week" diet. Coach wants me to weight in at about the same as that Kroxigor."

Here Munán had to cut the interview short. Explaining that he had to get moving if should have any chance of showing on time, a feat he only managed once during pre-season workouts.
The next player we managed to get an interview with was the Kings Of Old star Blitzer Grizzli Goldenhammer, accompanied by his two bodyguards.

Grizzli's Bodyguard: "Make it quick, only one question!"
Emmerich Edelhertz: "Grizzli, what are your thoughts on the upcoming opponent?"
Grizzli Goldenhammer: "Well, it's no doubt gonna be tough. They have some quick, strong guys on their team. But we will play hard, play physical and we will win!"

Well thats a confident group of dwarves for ya, folks. Lets see if their predictions hold true. The experts say its gonna be a close one.

Last edited by Tyrant on %b %21, %2005 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

After the DOBC opening ceremony, Head Necromancer Kalmort of the Moonlight Stalkers gave his view on the teams draw in the Marienburg division.

"It is a pleasing draw, very balanced. Elf and human corpses always make the best puppets. *Recording breaks for several minutes as the teams werewolves and ghoul behind go into a howling, slavering rant on "man flesh". *
"I see the undead team Reclamation being the greatest danger in the division. It all depends which necromancer is greater schooled in the dark arts. The chaos team Jacks may also prove a threat depending on how their god favours them."

Kalmort was last seen heading to the nearest Marienburg cemetary, ritual dagger in hand. Should be an exciting game when full moon comes.
Prymja

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well lets take it down to the field.

Harold Wantler "So Prrrymjjjaaa, what happened? You looked to be the favorite going into this match."

Prrrymjjjaaa "I am unsssure, we looked to be playing to our best, but the lose of thossse two Ssskinksss hurt usss. Other then that, the dwarvesss played a grrreat game, one wherrre we could not do anything."

Harold "What will you change for your nexxxt game. I mean it looksss to be a tough match."

Prymja "I am unsssurrre asss of yet, but it will be grand, that I know for sssurrre."
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Humi got fiar of uz....
We new that.
'n' dey show fiar putting uz against urselvez starting naw......
goin'to be taf......
Cunni'Humie.... Gud to fiar orkz....
ZPAAAAAAKAAAA!!!!

(ehm, coach, you're going on being a gobbo, you know?)

Last edited by ZevinzeNompardi on %b %22, %2005 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Tyrant

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Game Report - Kings Of Old vs. Lustrian Death by Emmerich Edelhertz

The stands were full as the two teams entered the arena and tension was in the air as the ball was kicked off. Early on you saw the value of the preseason tackling drills that coach T had put his Longbeards through as Khuzin Knucklejaw sent a small and hard to tackle Skink to the KO box.
This kinda set the tone for the rest of the game as the Skinks would have a hard time staying on the field. But the bigger lizards gave it their all and after stalling the dwarven running cage for a couple of turns the big Kroxigor Killem now broke through the lines and reached the ballcarrier Balin Bravefeet. But Balin wouldn't be stopped and with three dwarves helping to block the Kroxigor away, he then managed to get away, break the tackles of two Skinks and sprint for the touchdown.
In the second half the Kings then managed to collapse the cage of their opponents, and Balin Bravefeet once again showed his nose for the ball as he snapped up the fumble and returned it for the TD, which was the final result.
Grizzli Goldenhammer also showed his great value and hard hitting tendencies on defence, as he badly hurt a Skink.
Munán Mountainbelly also did a good job against the Kroxigor, his weight tactic appently worked.
But the MVP of the match was Orn Oneeye for his drive saving block on the Krox.
In a game where lady luck seemed to favor the dwarves, they got away with a solid 2-0 victory.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kings Of Old signs player by Emmerich Edelhertz

The Kings announced their newest member to the press today. Small in stature (even for a dwarf), but big in muscle, Troll Slayer Stumpi The Grotesque may seems like a perfect fit. Lets just hope his off field problems won't interfere with the on field preformance.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Match Report of Jacks VS. Moonlight Stalkers (Also written at Jacks team page, and as match report):

A very fast game... A very good first turn, getting the game's first casualty, and knocking over a couple of other players that my fans hadn't already stunned. Luck didn't last though, and after a lot of clumsy play (and 4 RR's burned after 2 turns), first half ended 0-0. Second Half brought new hope for the Jacks, as they ran back unto the field. Due to Knock-Outs, they were down 2 players, fielding 9 VS. a full 11 man team. But there was still hope!
Jack the Ripper took the kick, the audience sat in awe, the dice were rolled, and... it was a bad kick! The ball flew high and long, hitting a Moonlight Stalkings' fan, who was on his way to get a couple of beers for his friends and himself, right in the head! A spike on the ball penetrated his skull, and he died instantaneously!
All The Jacks on the field roared for more blood! ... they didn't get it. While the Jacks were all excited about their first kill ever during a game, the ball was thrown back to the field to Kalek Fleshchewer, a Ghoul who soon passed the ball to Sharpedge the Werewolf, who, without much resistance ran all the way to the finish line.
The Jacks were completely demoralized, and had a hard time after this. After the next kick off they hardly tried anymore. A few minutes later, Jack of all Trades was brutally murdered by Shadowfang, the team's other Werewolf!
Beaten and demoralized the Jacks stopped fighting. The blocked a bit, the tackled a bit, the tried to get the ball back, but to no effect. When the ref whistled after the last touch down, Jacks had time to do a few more blocks, and even get the ball and make the team's first pass ever!
The money won in this humiliating game were all donated to Jack of all Trades' family. Luckily, the money wasn't thrown away, because by doing so, The Jacks secured themselves a fine Doctor, Jack of all Trades father, Master of None!
bogh

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The DOBC Nuln Division saw the Avelorn Talons in action for the first time this evening. A rough game, with the Elves struggled from the very beginning, where a foul seriously injured one of their catchers, leading to his subsequent firing from the team. Later in the 1st half, Carth Hornet (Lineman) was at the receiving end of a block and never got up after it. Team captain Swiftfoot, who was badly hurt during the game, explained the loss to the team: "It is annoying that we have to learn a new name and all, but really - he was never much of a profile on the team." The new name, Straz Filefront, has promised Captain Swiftfoot that he would attempt to stay alive longer than his predecessor.

As the Talons get ready for their next game, they are faced with the prospect of playing with a 10 man squad. Having lost the first game 3-2 this puts the Elven underdogs of the Nuln Division in a precarious position. Tonight the young team was unable to withstand the blocking power of their Norse opponents and spent most of their time on their backs.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hast anyone of thou seen the roaming band willing to face the worshippers of Nuffle in a sacred match of Blood Bowl? We have been on the search for days but none hast been able to tell where they have hid.

Easter is a time for us to contemplate and regain strength. We will not accept any challenges during the holy vacation.
 Jump to: