12 coaches online • Server time: 04:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

As I´m on holiday at the moment I´ve only just read Tyrants pm on stepping down as GL organizer. I´m on pretty frequently normally so I can perform the deadline assistant role if this is required (as may be preferred from sk8bcn´s post above).
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! Now we need just the fluff guy and an advertiser. Smile

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

any volunteers, or should I send a new group PM?

Some matches have been conceded today, as the redline has already passed.

EDIT:
The matches forfeited today were:

-Premja's and dagda331's match, in which they could not fit in their schedules. That was still round 4.

-Games forfeited in active coaches' favor over players who have been at least 2 weeks idle

All matches in which both coaches have been OnLine within the past 2 weeks have received time extension until the round 5 deadline on 1st June. This date will most likely be postponed by a few days, as dagda331 and mymLaban haven't been able to plan their match schedule yet.

4th June is the MAXIMUM limit for round 5 matches. My summer vacation starts then and I will just launch the playoffs and leave off for a week. Smile

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking a peek into the playoffs of Dawn of Blood Challenge:

Marienburg Division

The competition was fierce; the playoff spot was decided on the last round of the Round Robin. Habeli's Lil' bunnies and big rabbits tied in points with Aconite's Undead Reclamation but as Aconite won the game between him and habeli, he is the one to advance to the playoffs. (TR 149, with 160k in treasury) Everyone remember that Count von Drakenborg, as well as all other star players are banned in the DOBC!

Nuln Division

The final of the Open Round robin is still unfinished. soren72's Red Diamonds (Chaos Dwarf) are leading the series but if peikko's Icebears (Norse) manage to win versus them on round 5, peikko is the one to advance. We will follow this battle with interest! Smile

Middenheim Division

Mr_QB's Chaos Dwarf team, keepers of the flame (TR 147 with 20k in treasury), triumphed over the others and took the playoff position, winning all games except for their debut appearance versus bigallium's Rottentown Groundbreakers, who finished thirs. bigallium was also the only coach able to score versus the division winner!

Altdorf Division EDITED because as Aconite noticed me, Alcing's Rotters are 100% sure in the playoffs

This div has seen loads of conceded matches and inactive coaches. There are still two games unplayed and it looks like at least one of them has to be conceded (Tyrant has not been in contact with AlcingRagaholic, but I chose to give them some extra time as they are not the only ones lagging us down). Sad
No matter what happens during the last round of Altdorf div, AlcingRagaholic's Rot For Long You Won't! (Nurgle's Rotters, TR 132 with 100k in treasury) will be the ones taking the playoff position, leaving dagda331 and mymLaban as the runner-ups.

Playoff schedule
Round 1: Begins on 4th June at the latest. If R5 games finish faster, the playoffs will begin sooner.

R1 Redline: midnight between June 11th and 12th. This date is 100% sure, even if we can begin the playoffs before 4th of June. The games will be conceded either at midnight or in the following morning, GMT +2.

R1 deadline: midnight between 18th and 19th June, before midnight. Again, this date is 100% sure. The games will be conceded either at midnight or in the following morning, GMT +2.

Round 2 begins: either 12th June (after R1 redline) or 19th June (after R1 deadline), either at midnight or in the morning, GMT +2.

Teams 100% surely in the playoffs:
Aconite's Undead Reclamation
Mr_QB's Chaos Dwarf team, keepers of the flame
AlcingRagaholic's Rot For Long You Won't! (Nurgle's Rotters)

4th contestant will be either
soren72's Red Diamonds (Chaos Dwarf)
or peikko's Icebears (Norse)

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %30, %2005 - %00:%May; edited 1 time in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting from the DOBC playoffs on June 4th, coaches are allowed to have 2 teams in grudge league. I will sort out the applications while DOBC playoffs are running to keep us in schedule. The new teams are automatically considered to apply for Kislev classics tournament. If a coach wishes to join Kislev classics with some their current team and not the new one, they need to pm me!

Grudge League is now actively accepting team applications. Next tournament will begin on July 2nd at the latest.

Rules changes as of June 4th:

-Each coach may have up to two teams in Grudge league. Both teams have to be a different race!
-There can be max. 4 teams of any race in Grudge League, eg. 4 human teams total. Exception: only 2 Khemri and 2 Ogre total are allowed.
-Unless a coach pm's me he is about to leave for a 30+ day vacation, any teams managed by a coach who has been absent for the past 30 days will be kicked out of grudge league. These teams can then be replaced with a new team of the same race by any coach (if their team limit of max. 2 teams allows this).
-Any retired teams will be kicked out of the Grudge league. These teams can then be replaced with a new team of the same race by any coach (if their team limit of max. 2 teams allows this).
-Same coach may not have two teams attending the same tournament
-After DOBC there will be Kislev classics tournament. There might also be a very short tournament for more experienced teams but that is yet to be seen.
-Goblins might be allowed to hire secret weapons starting from the Kislev classics tournament. Halflings might be allowed to hire extra ingredients starting from the kislev classics tournament. If this rule is imposed, it is because these two teams suck in the long run without these two race-scecific specialties.

There is at least 2 free slots of each race (1 of Khemri and Ogre) but the exact, race-specific amounts will be reported later on, after inactive teams and retired teams have been kicked out of grudge League on June 4th at the latest.

Aconite

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Remembering back to a conversation I had with Alcing a while ago, I think we worked it out that it didn't matter the outcome of the matches, the best anyone could do was tie points with him, and he's already defeated those that could tie, therefore he goes through.

Think that was right, it was a while ago, so only the one division that's still open.

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:
Remembering back to a conversation I had with Alcing a while ago, I think we worked it out that it didn't matter the outcome of the matches, the best anyone could do was tie points with him, and he's already defeated those that could tie, therefore he goes through.

Think that was right, it was a while ago, so only the one division that's still open.

You are correct. I did not notice that while checking the group page. Nurgle's Rotters are 100% sure in the playoffs. I will now edit my earlier post(s).

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead, Nurgle, Chaos Dwarf, Norse/Chaos Dwarf...the playoffs of DOBC look bashy. Neverthless, we are hoping to see more Elf coaches joining for Kislev Classics.

New group page is under construction because there will be some rules changes before Kislev and Tyrant is the only coach able to edit the current group page. I will invite all of the active teams to the new group page when it is ready. I will also transfer their GL points there. You do not need to pm about this, it is automatic. Wink

New coaches and old coach with new teams can join straight to the new group page.

We still need someone to advertise Kislev in the #fumbbl chat and the forums. Any volunteers? Smile

Tyrant

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok...thx to a little help from Christer, Karhumies is now league founder.

But i see im you allready created a new group page...anyways its up to you...now you got ownership of both leagues.

I wanna thank you all for participating in my league, and hope you will continue the fun with Karhumies as league organizer.
I'll probably take a break from fumbbl, so i wont be competing in the upcoming tournament. But if you have any questions be sure to PM me...i'll be checking in now and again.

Have fun all!

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I will most likely construct the "new group page" until it is finished and then copy-paste it onto the current group page to replace the outdated information.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

We have got ourselves a new tournament to be held simultaneously with the Skavenblight Invitational:

Group page wrote:
Event #5b: Mootland Motivational Meeting: (held simultaneosly with Skavenblight Invitational)
[Format to be confirmed later on] [MAX. TR 120-150, Halfling and Goblin teams have got free entry, Invite only?]

Scoffed at in the beginning, this tournament organized by Harry Hairyfoot, the famous winer of the Moot during its "New Wine Festival", slowly gained a good reputation between the exahusted end-season teams.
The good climate, not too harsh pairings and the idea of a final dinner instead of a final game are all good addition to the chance of practicing in the field for the next, demanding season. In this season the halflings of the moot like to sit down and see plain bloodbowl matches in front of the sweet Moot sunshine, so the presence of overpaid and overviolent Star Players, or of dangerous Mages is strictly forbidden (except of course Hafling master chefs!). Any teams with a Claw or RSC skill are forbidden from entering the Mootland Motivational.
The first turn of the tournament is seeded by TS.

Thanks to ZevinzeNompardi for creating this magnificent tournament and its fluff! Very Happy

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

question: can you confirm the fact that the swiss tournament is for TR lower or equal than 125. Since I have a -MA line and a niggleg one, I feel like waiving them both to get to that TR cap. Is it possible?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams equal to 125 and lower than 125 can join. That is what I meant but I may have said it poorly.

If you have something like TR 126 or 127, I can let it slip. Just make it so you don't have money in the treasury. Wink

1 TR here or there does not really matter THAT much.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The Kislev KO's exact format will depend on the amount of teams willing to join. It might be so that there will be a round or two of swiss before the start of the actual KO tournament (KO will use the race similarity chart, Swiss round 1 pairing will be random). Kislev tournament might be single elimination, double elimination or something I come up with myself to allow the coaches play more games.

We will see when we know how many teams will join the Kislev tournament.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be so that we can start the Worlds Edge Tournament already on June 18th or 19th. This way Worlds Edge round 1 will be simultaneous to the DOBC final (unless the semis and final for DOBC are finished ahead of schedule, which is also possible).

No matter when Worlds Edge begins, Kislev Open Championships will begin in start of July (1st or 2nd).

If any coach feels June 18th is a bad date for him/her, PM me!

Jump to: