27 coaches online • Server time: 10:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now added "Coming up next"-section with dates to the bottom of the group page. This should be really helpful for all of the members of Grudge League, myself included. Smile

soren72

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The final game in the Nuln Division is scheduled for Thursday June 2nd, 20:00 FUMBBL time. It will be exciting to see who makes the playoffs. Will it be the Chaos Dwarves of Red Diamonds or the Norse of Icebears?

More news to follow on Friday!

EDIT: Typos and wrong date Rolling Eyes

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As a result of a brief pm discussion, Tyrant´s Kings of Old have conceded their match in the Altdorf division.

AlcingRagaholic's Rot For Long You Won't! is the third team to make into the playoffs.

Now we are impatiently waiting for this last match to finish tomorrow. Let's get as many speccers to the audience as possible! It will be close match-up. Very Happy

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

From now on, conceding during a Round Robin tournament match:

+5 points for the winner
0 for the loser (previously -5 for the loser)

In any other kind of tournament, the mid-game concede still results in -5 points.

Reasons behind the rule change:

a) Round Robin means random pairing, so two teams with very different TRs and with a different amount of skills might face each other already on the round 1. One team might get seriously bashed and the only thing keeping him in the game is the fact he would receive -5 points if he leaves. An example situation: TR 140 Dwarves (enough to get them Guard) vs TR 100 Amazons or Halflings. Things might look really bad at some point in the match.

b) In Swiss and KO, the winner can get up to 10 points from a single match, depending on their TD and CAS difference. In Round Robin, the maximum is always five. Conceding does not reduce the winner's points.

c) This rule is planned out in advance for the Great grudge Bowl, the first event when we might have these kinds of problems arise. It's nicer to have a sloution readily at hand. Smile

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DOBC playoffs are underway. The points collected so far have been added to the group page.

The playoffs will use the following score table:

- Knockout Tournaments/Playoffs:
.........................Win.Draw.Loss
Game.............{ 5 }...{ 3 }...{ 1 }
Forfeit.............{ 5 }...........{ 0 in DOBC (normally -5) }
...............Min....For..Agst...Max
TD.........{ 0 }....{ 1 }.{ -1 }....{ 3 }
Cas.......{ 0 }....{ 1 }.{ -1 }....{ 2 }

Minimum...........................{ - 5 }

In practise:
Forfeit (in DOBC)=0 points
Loss= 1-3 points
Tie= 3-5 points
Win= 6-10 points

To get full 10 points, the winner needs to make at least three goals more than the opponent and to make at least two CAS more than the opposing team.

Drud

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just check in to say I've read things. I wont be very active for another week, since I'm in the middle of my exams. One tomorrow and one on monday, then I'm finally done! Smile
No more education for me I tell you! Well... I'll probably start university in september... But untill then! HA! No more school :p
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Darn. You're a year older than I am. I need to read Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" in English during my summer break... Sad

Aconite

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems I overlooked the important announcement of the first semi final result:

The Undead team of Reclamation defeated the Nurgle Rotters team of Rot For Long You Won't! in a very hard fought game.

Contagion, the star blocker of Reclamation, caused 2 more casualties, taking his tally in this tournament to 10. It is however highly unlikely that he will be with the team much longer. Having gained three skill increases, he had the misfortune to age on both the second and third skill, and pick up 2 niggling injuries. Hopefully he'll be able to attend the final, but we'll have to wait and see...

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to remind all of our fellow coaches about the following special awards being handed out after the DOBC finals:

1) Raging Rookie Ring - for all-round outstanding rookie preformance
2) Iron Fist Trophy - for most TDs
3) Skullcracker Trophy - for most Cas.

Each trophy will be rewarded with Grudge League points.

Therefore, a player with 10 CAS is worth keeping in the team for just a short while more. Wink

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The pairings lottery for Worlds Edge Mountains Monumental Tournament will be on June 18th Saturday from 7pm to 8pm bb time (GMT +1) on the #grudgeleague channel (irc.fumbbl.com). The first round begins imediately after the pairings have been made.

Drud

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Darn, I wont be able to join the 18th. It's my graduation day, so I'll be riding around in the back of a truck/huge moving van Smile
It's a danish tradition, where the class goes to meet the parents of everyone... and get really drunk of course...
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The final of the inaugural Dawn of Blood Challenge has been played, and what an event it was.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=793962

Won by Reclamation after extra time on a coin toss, but great, hard fought match, deserved of a final...

(Brad Osberg)
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud just do it before the 18th, then there shouldn't be any problems

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Holy moly!

I just came back after a long time away from fumbbl, though i might play a game or two with some of my old teams...and then i come back and see this...WOW!

I must say the evolvement of this league far exceeded my expectations, by far.

I would like to congratulate: Karhumies, Mr_QB, ZevinzeNompardi, Wyrmtainter, habeli, Prymja, dr_scitt, soren72, Drud, Magnus, Aconite, DanTitan76, mymLaban, sk8bcn and all the others i either forgot or who are newcomers to this great league. You guys ROCK!
Seeing this really brought a smile to my face... Mr. Green

Have fun guys!

Tyrant

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the nice words. Karhumies is really where most of the honour should go. He has done one hell of a job! Very Happy

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
 Jump to: