44 coaches online • Server time: 12:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are you at Smegish?

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
One last plug for the gig this Thursday June 9th. Friend In Hand pub, located on Cowper Rd Glebe. Gig starts at 8:30pm BUT I would advise being there by 7-7:30 to get in and even possibly get a seat! I have FAILED to reserve any seats...nature of the place is first in first served...so there you go. Price is $6. Hope to see you there.

I am also appearing at the Comedy Store (Fox Studios) from Tuesday June 14 through Sat June18. If anyone would like to go to one of those shows I can possibly get a few tickets for you or at least half price. PM me if you have any questions/requests.

Hey Oz, when ya going to tour Melbourne? Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
Where are you at Smegish?

I concur Smegish... where are you?

I will be driving and will be heading west post gig...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks, I've just ended last seasons Vets League, and will be starting up a new tourney in Vets shortly. If you have a team that has played in the SWL that no longer has a place, bring em over to Vets and they'll soon get sorted out.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And if anyone sees some of my teams in Qpool, or TR100 that look really out of place (the TR200 team in TR100 is probably the standout) - thats because they are!

They're in there as dummy teams to allow the admins to do swaps for new teams coming into these comps, something that makes our lives a whole lot easier.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Chunks,

Can we do an 'invitational' round robin (SWL style) in vets for those that wish to?

Am thinking of something along the lines of getting those who want to commit to it to send a PM ('invitational') and then put these players into TR200+ and TR200- groups and everyone else into the usual free for all. Running the round robin with the same dates and deadlines as the main season would be good to avoid unnecessary complications too.

Are there others also interested in this?

Cheers,
Snorri.
Sandune

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very intrested Snorri, The Smashers would love to have another go at the Krasherz, hope we can get enough folks intrested. muhahaha Smegish, enter your elves
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested myself, but I don't think we'd want to run at quite the same pace as Division play. If I had I-House in the under 200, and Bash D in the over 200, I'm not sure 3 games a week is overly practical once division play is added in as well. I reckon a fortnightly round would be a better idea, after all, between Qpool, TR100, and divisions there's plenty to occupy us in the meantime.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats why I suggested just making it invitational. Hopefully there are plenty of us who would like a game a week, and if you don't reckon you can manage the time any particular season you can just drop back to the open round robin. Certainly don't *have* to compete in either or both if you dont think you have the time Chunks.

If we want to run at a more relaxed pace I spose we could just make it one round per 2 weeks, but ...... da Krasherz are ded keen!
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Or we could do a Modified version of the upcomming WHFB Campaign system using BB and Veterans Teams. We can Influence GW without even playing WHFB Razz Yay!
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I live in Windsor, and the last train gets to Windsor at about 1am, so I'd have to leave at 11 or so to make sure I get on it. Unless I can catch a lift off someone or crash somewhere.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I live in Toongabbie, and Clay is at Glenbrook.

I have plenty of space at my place, though you'd need to bring some bedding along (and be aware that its very much a bachelor pad). Do you need a lift there as well, or will you be right to get there?

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The Regional coaches, as well as the more observant of the rest of you folks may have noticed there are two forfeited rounds at the start of each Region. Relax! We ain't trying to screw you out of rightful games. Its simply our way of getting round fumbbls tourney system to even things up with the other divisions. They are all 8 strong divisions, which means 7 rounds, while the Regionals are each 10 strong, and therefore 9 rounds. All we've done is forfeit the first two rounds so that there are 7 remaining. Whoever you end up playing is by luckof nuffle, though the two groups have been seeded a little by team rating to ensure as even a spread as possible.

Enjoy!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Drok got me thinkin' and one of the reasons the Vets league was there in the first place was to experiment and for some reason, I never thought of the possibility of doing something outside the fumbbl box, so...what do ya all think of this (a little inspired by that bb'ish Rutger Hauer movie):

We split Veteran's league up into 3 groups.

Thunderdome
Has only 2 teams, the current champions and the challengers. Every Thunderdome game is held with the "Final" option flagged. After each game, the loser goes to the bottom of the Fringe group and is replaced by the leader of the Fringe group.

The Fringe
Contains teams who have indicated (via PM perhaps) that they are keen and committed to play regular games this season where seasons are timed with the main SWL season. They play the usual round robin tournament with a couple of small changes.

- The leader at the end of every round is swapped with the loser from last round's Thunderdome game. The loser is credited with 0 Fringe points.
- Scores are only accumulated from the last 3 rounds.

I'm quite happy to do the leg work to manually maintain the scores and swap teams in and out. Another alternative is to just set up the fringe as a 1 round tourney every week.

The Wastes
Either a huge open round robin - or probably just leave them in the group without a tourney and allow these teams to freely play games as if they were in the 'ranked' division of fumbbl. Anyone who wishes to get into the conferences must make a challenge and (if the conference group is full), beat a conference team to be swapped in.

Any team that needs to rebuild (or just drop out of bb play for a while) can conveniently drop back into the wastes and re-challenge to get back in later. Thunderdome play should be interesting too, keeping a team together if you have to frequently play an extra half should be a challenge Wink

Comments, ideas?

Cheers,
Snorri
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out from tonight folks - feeling crook as a dog.