14 coaches online • Server time: 04:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rumplestiltskin

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't an announcement so much as a proposal that SpookyKid wanted me to post here for some feedback. I think that some simple tweaks to the rules of Pools of Blood would allow for more diversity and more carnage (knocking a dwarf team out is monumentally more difficult than knocking a norse team out of the tourny; these changes would help even the field a little).

1) Only new [U] teams are allowed. Teams must begin with FF1.

2) No team may hire an Apothecary.

3) No players with Regenerate are allowed.

4) No team rerolls may ever be purchased (Leader rerolls are ok).

5a) AV9 and up teams may not ever have more than 11 players on their roster.
5b) AV8 teams may not ever have more than 13 players on their roster.
5c) AV7 teams may have up to 16 players on their roster.
5d) Stunty teams may have 16 players and may have team rerolls.

6) A team's AV is considered to be the second highest AV on the team. This means one Big Guy won't count against you (eg. a Old World team with a Treeman and an Ogre may only have 11 players, but with only a Tree may have 13 players).
Stunty teams are any team with a majority of Stunty players.

Cool Stars, freebooters, and wizards are allowed, but you may never exceed the maximum number of players you're allowed on your roster (incl. mng players).

7) If you cannot field players at any kick-off, you must concede the match and retire the team.

I think these rules would encourage more diversity as well as making things fairer for the less bashy/frailer teams. Feedback appreciated.

Rumple
SpookyKid

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nice ideas, but still a tad to complex. How about just a max of 11 players unless its a stunty team.
Stunties can have 16 players. No freebooters but stars are ok and can go over the 11 player limit.
No limit on rerolls, think teams with block have a huge advantage anyways and this would hurt teams without block.
and of course no apoth, regen and FF1 starting.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Opponants with no more than 11 players. Sweet my Ogres would still be around Smile
Don't fancy the cahnces of any stunty against non stunties. maybe it should be stunty only tourny (except gnomes which aren't realy stuties anyway Smile )

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunties only sounds fun. You could go either the mino-chainsaw way, the high av - low total str way or the "look at my skinks running away from your guys and your Snots can blitz only one of us per turn"-way.
bloodyfist

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree to this, any blood bowl league, cup or whatever is always more fun with racial diversity. and despite the first tourney is still good fun, it is a bit boring only to see ogres, dwarves and other bashers all over.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What I'd propose is that you have to fire any stat-loss or nigglers after the match too.

Anything to reduce team-numbers. Very Happy

Maybe it is a good idea to have a 'handicap' for AV9 teams like allowing no RR for these and a maximum of 1 for AV8 teams. No more than 2 for AV7 teams and no limit for stunty teams.

Just some thoughts. Basically I'll like all things which increase carnage...

More than willing to retire my 1 RR Orcze and get a gobbo-cheater team started. Twisted Evil Wheeeehee!

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2005 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

come to think of it, the easiest way to get all races to play in the league: make 20 open sloths, one for each LRB race and in addition you might add sloths for the stunty and/or chaos pact, old world etc races...

when people sign up they get one of the remaining races... and the part i like about this is to make a killer team of whatever race i've drawed
celas

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If you judged races based on the teams second highest armor value you would not be solving the problem very much as orcs have AV 9, 8, and 7, and dwarves have some AV 9 and 8, so both of these hard to kill races would be considered AV 8. Better to rate the teams individually then use a a simple formula, even if it is simple Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

celas: By second highest armour, I meant the AV of the player with the second highest AV; in the case of orcs and dwarfs this would certainly be AV9. For chaos pact and old world, they would have options as to whether to go for several AV9 players and limit their numbers, or to go for only one AV9 player and be allowed 13 on the roster.

However, I think there is an even simpler and more chaotic and bloody solution:

bloodyfist has the right idea - racial diversity makes it better - he suggests one of each team type allowed. I'd take that one step further for extra mayhem: instead of coaches applying with whatever team they like to the group, they would apply to the forum thread. Then the administrator for the group would use the bb d(x) function to randomly pick a team for them, which they would have to create. There would be a limit of one of each different team.
Of course you'd have no Apothecary and 1FF to start. Khemri, Undead, Necro, and Rotters would be out since they have regenerate. To further simplify while keeping Dwarfs and Orcs in check, what about a limit of 11 players on any team (except Gobbos and 'Flings), but allowing softer teams more rerolls? i.e. Dwarfs and Orcs (and maybe the Pact teams) would be allowed no RR, but other races could have 1 RR, and Gobbos/'Flings could have as many as they liked.

I think that system would be a lot of fun; as bloodyfist said, you'd have to try to make a killer team out of whatever you drew... If this system were used, should the regen teams be allowed in? There would only be one of each after all.
Rumplestiltskin

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Jinxed: I think the best way to limit number on each roster is not to force retirement of mng/n players, but just to have those players count against the 11 man maximum - that's penalty enough.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine by me. I join with Gobbo Cheataz!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed, my point was that you wouldn't get to choose which team you play. It'd be decided randomly from whatever teams remained on the list.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad

An exception surely to be made if someone wants to play a stunty team no?

*please?*

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to beg me Jinxed; I'm just throwing ideas out there. Laughing
I take it random team choice isn't popular then?
bloodyfist

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of randomizing the team u get instead of first one to apply gets the dwarves... hadnt thought about it that much... but youre right Smile

As i see it, you would see more wipe outs and quicker than in the first one because a majority of coaches particapating understandable have taken races with av9. But this wouldnt be the case for this one.

Anyway hope people will support the idea otherwise im still up for another of these once the first finds a winner?
 Jump to: