42 coaches online • Server time: 14:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

1)Dwarf
2)Skaven
3)Orc
4)Chaos

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Somehow, I had guessed that full LRB teams would bring GorTeX back. Smile

Looks like we've got a few old favorites and some great new additions so far. C'mon, guys... we're still missing some of the old MNF regulars. Sign up quick.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the coach/team match up. Most people got the first or second choice (sorry Imerikol, you got your third).

<b>Falcone</b>: Chaos
<b>Masterwizkid</b>: Dwarf
<b>Imerikol</b>: Chaos Dwarf
<b>Screech</b>: Khemri
<b>BadMrMojo</b>: Norse
<b>Pisces</b>: Lizardmen
<b>AlcingRagaholic</b>: Nurgles
<b>EvolvetoAnarchism</b>: Darf Elf
<b>Mithrilpoint</b>: Goblins
<b>Caileanhawk</b>: Orc
<b>Farinroderel</b>: Necromantic
<b>LurkingGrue</b>: Amazon
<b>Gortex</b>: Skaven

If others are interested in applying please make a list of the top 3-4 remaining teams.

My list will be Wood Elf, Elf, High Elf, Necromantic although I will mostlikely defer to anyone else who wants these teams.

Please submit your teams to the league page by MOnday morning. Then show up in #MNF by around 7:30 GMT-6 if you can. If you will be running late or cannot make it this next Monday (5/2), please send me a PM so I can adjust accordingly.

Last edited by celas on %b %30, %2005 - %04:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
celas

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Last call for teams. Join quickly or I am stuck trying Woodies for the first time ever Razz

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Somehow, I had guessed that full LRB teams would bring GorTeX back. Smile

Looks like we've got a few old favorites and some great new additions so far. C'mon, guys... we're still missing some of the old MNF regulars. Sign up quick.

I never really left..just got busy at work and wasn't able to make it the last few weeks...

Post   Posted: May 04, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be one more week of qualifying rounds to determine the initial seedings. This league will always accept new teams of races not already playing, but if you are interested please PM me and try to start next Monday night, 5/9/05.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to say that I had a blast last night. Fastest 5 games I've played in awhile. Smile Thanks again for the invite....now, I'm off to lynch my apothocary. He failed 3/5 times. Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Annoucements and Awards for the Qualifying Round.

The following coaches made it into the Premier Division:

EvolvetoAnarchism
BadMrMojo
celas
AlcingRagaholic

The following coaches made it into the 2nd division:

Trog
LurkingGrue
screech
caileanhawk

The following coaches are in the Carp Division:

Slick
GorTeX
Falcone
flyingboxers
masterwizkid
Pisces
Mithrilpoint

Just to restate (and add something to) the rules....everyone in the Premier Division and 2nd Division should play each other on each MNCL night. Teams in the Carp division can play as many games as they want against each other. The team with the highest point total at the end of the night in both the Carp and Second Division will move up to the next highest division. The team with the lowest point total at the end of the night in both the Second and Premier Division will move down to the next lowest division. The initial games in each of the top two divisions will be decided by the team with the lowest TS at the beginning of the night (therefore, at this moment, BMM will pick the first match up in the premier and caileanhawk will pick first in the 2nd) . After that, it is open play or decided by bb D6. The Carp division is open.

If for some reason you cannot make a week, you should notify celas prior to the start of the designated playing time. Your team will be allowed to participate whenever you come back in the following weeks, however, your team will be moved to the Carp Division (no hard feelings, just work your way back up :p ). If this occurs, teams will be promoted accordingly at the beginning of the night before play begins.

As this league is a work in progress, I am open to suggestions and feedback as always.

Awards for the qualifying round:

<b>Most Points</b>
Wyvern Peak Fury

<b>Most luck on Skills Rolls</b>
Cleveland Norse
Honorable Mention: Wyvern Peak Fury

<b>Worst luck with the Apothecary</b>
Chicago Fire

<b>Worst draw for the next round of play</b>
San Josefina EarthQuakes (must play Orcs, Khemri, and Ogres)

<b>Most disproportionate SI's against award</b>
New England Revolution

<b>Team you love to hate</b>
Footsie Ballers

<b>Best Team Bio</b>
New Yuck (Ph)Arrows

<b>Best Documented Game Reports</b>
Warpstone Ratz [MNCL]
Honorable Mention: Cleveland Norse

<b>Highest Scoring Team</b>
Hand of God

<b>Individual Leaders</b>

<b>Top Passers</b>
6 Zippy, Gutter Runner, <b>Warpstone Ratz [MNCL]</b>
4 Vuyhe, "Header" Nightbone, Dark Elf Lineman, <b>Wyvern Peak Fury</b>
4 Offsides, Wood Elf Catcher, <b>Hand of God</b>

<b>Top CAS inflicters</b>
7 Studge, Orc Blitzer, <b>DC Rams</b>
5 Han Goal-O, Ogre, <b>Cleveland Norse</b>
5 Leonard Griffin, Ogre, <b>Chicago Fire</b>
5 Don Popovic, Mummy, <b>(New Yuck (Ph)Arrows</b>
5 Campy, Black Orc Blocker, <b>DC Rams</b>

<b>Top Scorers</b>
6 Zappy, Gutter Runner, <b>Warpstone Ratz [MNCL]</b>
5 Hezat "Sliding Tackle" Vinesinger, Witch Elf, <b>Wyvern Peak Fury</b>
5 Shep Missing, Blitz-Ra, <b>New Yuck (Ph)Arrows</b>
5 Offsides, Wood Elf Catcher, <b>Hand of God</b>
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work on the summary, celas.

I'm particularly fond of the "Most disproportionate SIs against award." Smile

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that if I had an apothecary I would have won the "Worst luck with the Apothecary" award Smile

I wouldn't think it to be commonplace that an orc team loses 3 guys to death in that few games. 2 were the result of blocks and 1 the result of a failed gfi reroll fail die. You know your luck sucks when that happens Smile

I don't think I have ever with any other Orc team been outnumbered as much as I have been in this tournament.

Speaking of that, who is up for a game vs my 9 player orc team next week Smile

I hear the Carp Division calling. Mark my words: I will not play a game full strength this next round Smile

Ah well, should be fun. I'll have to come up with a nice bio.

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
Xeterog

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my apothecary should be noted for 'least used apothecary', as he has not even been used in 6 games. Since I've steadfastly refused to heal the linerats, they, of course, have been the only receipiants of SI's and Deaths..barring the very 1st casualty against the team..where Brain was killed by the rowdy fans...

It is great to have both the top passer and the top scorer, yet the Warpstone Ratz are in the Carp division..

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. we have a Premier division and a Carp Division...I think we need a better name for the 2nd Division...(and maybe switch the ar to ra in Carp...Wink

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the "Orca Cola" Division...after the Coca Cola Division (or first division) in England?

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I plan on playing the Ogres in the first match Smile

I figure the Ogres will know who their true masters are and succumb to their superiors (the Orcs of course), and all those pipsqueaks called goblins can take up their rightful places as slaves. 9 Orcs Rock, might as well give up now, there is no hope for those oversized, smelly pieces of back bacon and those pint sized happy meals.

On a side note: I'm an Idiot and I know it Smile

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Best Team Bio
New Yuck (Ph)Arrows

This had to be my favourite team name of the League. It gave me a good chuckle when I saw it.

I just got my hands on a microphone. Anyone interested in trying to arrange voice chat for next weeks games? It's a great group of coaches and I think being engage in more/easier chats would make things even more fun.