38 coaches online • Server time: 11:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I might be interested if I could find my microphone and if I knew how Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
screech

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Quote:
Best Team Bio
New Yuck (Ph)Arrows

This had to be my favourite team name of the League. It gave me a good chuckle when I saw it.

I just got my hands on a microphone. Anyone interested in trying to arrange voice chat for next weeks games? It's a great group of coaches and I think being engage in more/easier chats would make things even more fun.

Thanks for the compliment, I came up with the team name even before I picked my team's race (obviously influencing my choice).

I think I have a microphone stashed somewhere, but does anyone really need to hear me curse every 10 secs or so, when my team fails all their rolls, while my opponent fails nothing?

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I downloaded a Teamspeak server and client. I just finished testing it out (with just one other FUMBBLer). It seemed to work okay. I hope to be running it on this next Monday Night. At the very least I should be able to use it with my opponent, but if the bandwidth requirement is bearable, I might be able to use it for the whole league.

Download the client here: http://www.goteamspeak.com/news.php
I was also told that Venrtillomix might be a more versatile client (it's compatible with Teamspeak) to download, so you might to try and find that if you are ambitious.

If anyone wants to help me test out the server more thoroughly (4 or 5 FUMBBLers chatting at once), you can join my server at gaming-frequency.net

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Monday Night Champions League

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, *bump* for the best damn tourney that's only run one night a week. Same bat time, same bat channel.

{ edit: nevermind all this, as several better options came up in chat. I'm just leaving this up here for future reference if we want to try it at some point. ]

So, we're thinking about revamping the format. MNCL has gone on pretty well for a while, but with summer coming, it's time to try something requiring a little less commitment. Basically, what I'm saying is I'm just using this space to write down my thoughts on a possible format for the next several weeks. Here's my idea:

Each week, we all show up at the usual start time (7:30 CST) and split up into groups of 4 for round robins. First come, first serve. People get added to groups in the order that they arrived. This will lead to some unbalanced matchups, naturally. Of course, what tourney format doesn't? Anyway, we'll cover that under "points". Everyone plays their RR, a winner is determined by normal MNF/MNCL rules and then they're free to join up for the next one. Thus endeth the Round Robin Section.

The point of all these round robins to to accumulate league ranking. League ranking is based on something like this:
Won your RR: 5 points
Took second in your RR: 2 points
Lowest rated team in the RR: 1 point
Team rating >20 TR lower than the second lowest TR in your RR: +1 point

Now every 3rd or 4th week, the league rankings are taken and a KO is formed to determine that period's grand winner. The KO is played out with the top X finishers in that period (while anyone else can play pickup games to get their teams in shape) and then the whole thing is reset.

Add fluff as appropriate. Please note that all numbers (points and such) are purely arbitrary examples.

Jump to: