45 coaches online • Server time: 17:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would You Join Such a fun Tourney
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 18 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 53

ChrisB

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Round Robin Tourney. Points will be 5 for a win 3 draw 0 loss plus 1 point per each foul.
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That is sorta like my old tourney (teamed with BunnyPuncher)...The Waaargh Challenge. It was an all Orc and Goblin foul fest. The object was to annihilate your opponents leader (or team). Points were given out for injuries mainly Smile

Now that was fun, basically no one cared about the ball except as an afterthought for SPP.

I hope to start one again soon.

I did vote no though, needs more substance. You create substance and it might be fun.

Check them out:

Latest Waaargh Challenge: Raising the Horde
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2545&highlight=waaargh

First Waaargh Challenge
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1303&highlight=waaargh

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't want to steal your thunder, just thought it might give you some ideas.

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ChrisB wrote:
Round Robin Tourney. Points will be 5 for a win 3 draw 0 loss plus 1 point per each foul.

Is it 1 point for foul injuries? Because 1 point for foul meens there probably would be 16 points aside at the end of the game. Can you clarify?

Jeffro
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm plotting something a bit like this. It's a different concept though. I say yes.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted no.

Pretty good idea to start this up so all the foulfreaks can get rid of their aggression without the need for more MU's. And then when all the foulers are in 1 place I will cast a fireball into that small crowded room and make Fumbbl a better place Twisted Evil
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought about it the other day, I think it's time for another WAAAAAAAAGH!
I haven't got the heart to throw my old waaaagh team away. Very Happy

Da Zensitive doodz
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear some people still remember the good old days Smile

I think I may have to start another WAAARGH soon...but my publicist and fluff writer is nowhere to be seen...Bunny, where are you???

ChrisB

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

1 point per foul made - so you may get points for wins - but more likely to lose the game. Was considering banning DP though just for kicks.
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone can foul on every turn, so that's kind of lame. Each team gets 16 fouling points per game. Unless, of course, you get every player thrown out or killed before the end of the game. IMHO, of course.
ChrisB

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone has to be down to be fouled so its not that simple....
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ChrisB wrote:
Someone has to be down to be fouled so its not that simple....

Yeah. If you kill the whole opposing team on the first half, you can not foul anyone during the second and will miss out 8 points.
Philou

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

71 % of no for the moment. It seems people have forgotten one of the funny side of Blood Bowl. Those probably don't play in stunty league or 1vs1 and care a lot for their win percentage ....... Rolling Eyes
I vote yes, could be fun Cool
Coaches will foul anyway so why not only 1 point per foul that injured a player ? and only stunty guys ..... Very Happy
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Anything with fouling is fun Smile

"fouling freaks". lol...

Gufnork

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing points for being successful is just stupid. As already been pointed out, the likeliest way of losing some of those 16 freebies is to knock the opponent out. Getting one player on it's ass each turn isn't exactly difficult.
 Jump to: