54 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you join Cheatfest?
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
No.
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 34

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who bothers to read the thread this far deserves a little extra for their effort. Smile
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. Anyone reading this, consider yourself as getting that special bonus.
So are any of you actually going to sign up? Razz
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps this tourney should be mentioned in the Stunty forum, as only Stunty races are involved.

R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun, However, how will you be able to verify if the casualties caused were by foul or not?

You will have to watch every match, or hope people are honest.

Also, do you get the points for a kill by foul, which is apothed successfully?
Menikmati

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

no points for regular cas?

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've been thinking about that. Do you all think I should have both coaches just report it (and only watch the game if they disagree) or just change it to regular cas.
Quote:
Also, do you get the points for a kill by foul, which is apothed successfully?

Hmm. Well, if we change the above you will. Otherwise, we'll just say it's a 1 pointer.
odi

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll join, I'll just get my new team up to TR115. Hmm... since the TR cap is 115 to join, would I get extra points if I cheated and applied with a TR200+ team Razz

I guess it'll take me 2 or 3 days to get to TR115 after which I'll transfer my team to U div, and apply to the group.
We can just have both coaches report the cas, in their game reports and a game report thread, and if the reports are different, someone will just have to replay the game. But since it's supposed to be a "fun" tourney, I don't really see a point in trying to cheat. Wait a minute, wasn't cheating the whole point? Very Happy
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. It gets a bit confusing. However, hopefully they won't take it that far. We can just have them report in the match report. I'll send that out in the Group PM at the start of the tournament.
As to your TR 200+ team only if you pay me a lot of money. If you have to trim it so much, why not just make a new team?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi: you won't get extra points if you try to cheat BEFORE entering the tournament. You will have to get in first. :-p

I suggest the same method used in Want to Be a Stunty Star?-tournaments hosted by peikko:

each coach reports the points collected by both teams in their match report. If the reports are different, it is up to the organizer(s) to decide a suitable method of working things out (usually PM both coaches and other boring stuff).

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If we count in the CAS done by blocks, teams with BGs will just begin mauling and this will look too much like normal stunty games. I am against this.

However, I suggest that all "regular" CAS done by any secret weapon player (blunderbuss, deathroller, chainsaw, Pump Wagons) will be counted in. If the secret weapon injures itself or a player from the same team, give a point to the opponent as that is also a CAS done by an illegal weapon. Very Happy

Question: Should wizards be allowed and is their CAS included?

Edit: How about crowdpushing? I'd suggest 1 point per push, no matter what the result is.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Right. I thought of that too. I'll edit that into the rulz.

Wizards: They will be allowed. I'm not sure on wiether or not they should effect the cas totals. Thoughts?
-Edit-
By a secret weapon, or by a secret weapon player? The 1st makes more sence to me...
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure most people here have heard of larson (at least i think that was the guy that managed it first) where a td cas int and pass were done by one person in one game. Smile You should def have extra points for a crowd push, foul with inj. and cas all in one game by one player Smile

Sgt
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. If someone pulls off something sufficiantly "heroic" such as that, and they let me know, I'll give them a bonus. That would be too complicated and unnessicary of a rule though.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It appears the locals have been the first off the gun to sign up, as 3 of the already signed up 4 teams are Gobbo Cheater (mine being the exception). Let's get some veriety in there, people.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Gnome, Snotling and Skryre players, now's your chance to join the fouling havoc!

Some teams can get a Deathroller. Use it to your advantage!

Snotlings can get two pump wagons and Trolls get DP without doubles! Their av is also so sucky your opponent can not even foul them to get points, as they have already regenerated after the block! They just keep on coming. They can also hire a blunderbuss.

Gnomes have two big cannons, bombers and a Deathroller. Their high av prevents some fouling done by your opponent getiing through. What more do you ask for?

Chaos Flings get two freaking chainsaws and the Minos can get DP without doubles!

Skryre has two blunderbussers, a deathroller and really cheap slaves to keep the team running from one match to another! They can also hire a bomber.
 Jump to: