50 coaches online • Server time: 13:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adar

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have made two bad decisions in this tournament.

1) The tourny time is too long. We will run out of players to face in less than a week if we keep this up. Should we could the playing time down to one or two weeks? Two weeks would give people some time to play and I doubt that the most active coaches will keep the same speed up as they have had so far.

2) I allowed all handicaps. I thought that the handicaps would cause alot less trouble in 2vs2 compared to 1vs1 since you almost never would run out of players... I was wrong. Shall we remedy this midseason, shorten the tourny length and change them when the next round starts or should we simply we keep it as it is? Also, which handicaps should be banned? Morleys revenge is quite clear but "It wasn't" me!" and "I am the greatest" can actually be rather intresting and should help some of the new teams so I don't know what to do with these. At the moment am I thinking about banning "Morleys revenge!" and ban "It wasn't me" and "I am the greatest!" From any games where the weaker coach gets less than 2 or 3 (unsure on which one) handicaps.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

buzzing
Hiway

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i would have to agree with the morley's revenge being banned...my last match was started with no players on the pitch...then 1 on the next drive...it wasnt until the second half when both my players had made the pitch at the same time...a little disappointing but still a fun match in the end (think it was my opponent's first win so he was happy)
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

That was my first win. I felt a little cheap for it, but oh well. Both of my players died in this last game, my 10th game. Tough to keep it going after that, but I will.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=750932

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh by the way I think its hilarious, since Ive been on the better side in 4 of my matches where either Morleys, it wasn't me and I am the greatest has come up. I have recieved Buzzing twice now. i just think its funny. The games go quick so the punishment isnt that bad. Easily rid of the pain of a shillacking. I enjoy the turmoil. Its just plain funny.

Jeffro
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Keggie... the whole point of these kind of leagues is to have complete chaos, and a lot of fun playing and watching. Who can take a 2 player tournament seriously?... ViQtor played me when he had one player receiving on the pitch, and got Touchback, when his player had buzzing... we had to reload... but he couldn't score, mainly because with buzzing you cannot pick up the ball!... I found it funny, and I think others did too... I can understand the frustration, but players should learn to take this kind of thing in good humour... step back an appreciate the game for what it is... a fun way to pass the time! Smile

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

No kidding: I had a flesh golem go end to end for the score. Took him the whole first half, but it was hillarious to watch the Elf catcher bounce off him all the way down field.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Taffsadar, there seems to be a problem with my score. As you can see, I'm 2-1-2: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=166848
That should be 7 points. I've only got 6. Wink
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

After my catcher was knocked out for most of the game, it was funny to watch my buzzing player kick the ball around the field like a soccer player. 6 movement later I put it into a spot away from my opponent where he couldnt get it. Hilarious. You cant take this like a normal game. Silly things happen to often. How many of us have had no players on the field and just get to watch the other run around making passes to himself, while trying to score? Hilarious. A load of fun.

Jeffro
Adar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:
Hey Taffsadar, there seems to be a problem with my score. As you can see, I'm 2-1-2: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=166848
That should be 7 points. I've only got 6. Wink

Yes I am sorry but I have had some trouble with the league system and theres nothing I can do to solve the issue.

Just kidding, I've edited it Wink.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That's better. And of course, for my trouble and assistance in helping you to edit the scores, you'll award me 5 points, correct?
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It happened again. I tied and didn't get a point. Are you sure you've got 1 point for a tie turned on?
Edu_

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we have any irc channel for looking for games? If not I would suggest #2vs2.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Edu_ wrote:
Do we have any irc channel for looking for games? If not I would suggest #2vs2.

No we don't have anyone. Most tournament chatrooms has a habbit of becoming empty after two or three weeks. Opening the groups page and check which available coaches are online therefor works better in my opinion, now I just wonder. What do other people think?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Taff... Nothing wrong with doing a little bit of digging around. Check the games matrix, check who is online, and then just PM them. Easy peasy.

Jump to: