55 coaches online • Server time: 23:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Belzedar

Post   Posted: May 08, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to make a league in Aug the closely resembles the USA Football league.

32 Teams, 4 Divisions, 2 conferences

It will be what I like to call "balling" league. I personally like the aspect of scoring TDs over hurting players. Both have their aspects that are fun, and both have their place in every game, but ballplay is just the part I like the most.

With that said only the teams that have players with pass and/or catch will be allowed.

For sure yes - Wood Elf, Skaven, Orc, Norse, Human, High Elf, Pro Elf, Dark Elf, Amazon.

Maybe - Lustrian, Old World , Chaos Pact

Thinking - Vampire

I may have the divisions filled with teams randomly or I may assign them. Even if teams are assigned to divisions, teams will not be assigned specifically, races will be assigned to a division and each team of those races will be randomly placed. (for example "AFC West" - to use NFL name but we will have our own - will have 1 pro elf, 1 wood elf, 1 human and 1 orc, all the teams of those races will have a random chance of being placed there. So if there are 8 humans we will roll randomly to see which of the 8 human teams will be placed in the "AFC West") The final choice of how the teams will be placed will not happen til we see what we are getting.

The season will be broken into 3 parts.

1) Preseason - Each team will be responsible for playing games, against other league teams perferably but will not be required (tho non-league games will be scrutinized) and get their team up to a TR of 125. Just like NFL preseason this may help you get the extra player or two you, a apothecary, or a RR you want to start the season, and just like the NFL this may put you at a injury disadvantage. Having "preseason" games required, and if so how many, is still under consideration.

2) Season - There will be a 17 week season with 16 games played. The games will be scheduled much like the NFL ones are, 2 games vs each team in the div (one home and one away) as well as 6 games vs other teams in the same conference and 4 games vs teams in the other conference.

Stats for the season will be tracked as much as possible. At seasons end rewards will be given. If I could come up with a way they would be real game effecting rewards but since I do not think it can be done they will just be titles and pics you can put on your players bios as well as things that will be kept tracked of on the league page.

Now the most "iffy" part of this league I can think of is I want, just like in the "NFL", each team to get a "bye week" somewhere in the season. Just like the NFL I would like to see each team get one chance in the season to get well and maybe have a chance to get better. How to handle this will probably cause allot of talk. I have two ideas.

First, each team will engage a game to a FF 9 team, that will not count in anyway to the league standing or the league stats, and the "bye team" will concede the match. All winnings from the match must be used to buy a RR or immediately dropped (buying coaches/cheerleader and firing them). The RR and the two MVPs will show the extra week of training the team has had in its bye week.

2nd is pretty much like the first but instead of a concede the turns are just ended 16 times so the team only gets one share of the winnings and only one MVP.

Now those familiar with the NFL will understand that I can not schedule these bye weeks like the NFL does, I will have to do it in a way so that the impact of the extra MVPS and cash does not imbalance the season (ie I think some teams in the NFL get a bye week in week 4 which would just be too much advantage for a team to get a FF9 conceded match and 2 free mvps as well as a game to heal their players in week 4. I will probably schedule the by weeks at weeks 9-12 and I will prob make it so that bye week teams play each other, so that a bye week team will not play a team who did not have a bye yet. Maybe even make it so that when teams have bye weeks they play other teams who also just had bye weeks.

This "bye week" is something I really like but I also will probably be toying with what to do until I announce the season.

Standings will be done by points. Wins will be given allot of points, thinking like 9 pts. Ties will be given not near as much, thinking maybe 3. Losses will be given 1 pt. Since this is a "balling" league I am thinking giving 1 bonus pt for certain things. 1 Bonus pt should a player score 3 TDs, or Complete 5 passes, or compete 3 passes, score a TD, and int a ball. These extra points are something I am completely playing with and may not even happen, and if they do they will not be "easy" to get and they will not be worth a whole lot. Imo a whole seasons worth of balling should at most = 1 win or maybe a lil more.

3)Playoffs- I am toying with two ideas. One is do it kinda like the NFL, the div winner gets in and the 4 teams with the best standings after that get in (so we have a even number two 8 team playoffs with the winners of each conference playoffs meeting in the "Super Bowl") Second I am thinking of making each conference having a full KO tourney of 16 teams with the winner of each meeting in the "Super Bowl". Even then how to handle the tourney is under consideration. Seed the teams based on standings, and let it play from there (do not reseed after each round like how the NCAA College BB does it) or reseed it every round (like how most sports brackets do it) or even something new. Each round let the teams with the highest standings pick their opponent until their are only two teams left.

*takes breath*

So I am hoping people will post any ideas, critques, suggestions, or say you what things you like.

Thx in advance for your opinions.

edited for types

edit - also all names will be changed for fun and league character (ie no National Football League, National Football Conference, American Football Conference and such) The only thing I may ask people to keep is the nicknames of the teams (ie Seahawks, Raiders) and add in a Fanstasy name (Marienburg Raiders, L'angville Seahawks). And the entire league, conference, and divisions names will also be altered for fun and character like this.
blizzt95

Post   Posted: May 08, 2005 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm. If you are going to assign teams to divisions 'randomly' then they wouldn't be able to pick the names of their teams. You'd have to pick the team names for them. Meaning, they'd have to wait to create the team (or have it approved) until you gave the okay and the name/nickname of the team for each coach.
G_Force

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

and the bye weeks sound like match fixing to me which is not allowed on fumbbl. besides what mug is going to line up 16 ff9 teams just to concede the game?

The rest of it sounds pretty fun (i need to read it again when i'm more awake) just the fluff of names etc and the bye thing to work out a bit.

Maybe if you want ball play not cas you could put some sort of forfeit in for fouling. cas from blocks just happen sometimes but kicking a man while down is not in the spirit of the league the way i read it

CoachBob

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea but with 32 coaches it will never work or will be run into the ground after a few weeks, just make sure that you are prepared 100% to face and deal with ppl dropping out, not playin games on time, loosing their interest etc, many many things will get in the way.
GL though!
-CB
Mully

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Great idea but with 32 coaches it will never work or will be run into the ground after a few weeks, just make sure that you are prepared 100% to face and deal with ppl dropping out, not playin games on time, loosing their interest etc, many many things will get in the way.
GL though!
-CB

That statement is truer than true. Dont get your hopes up. Think small.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

blizzt95 wrote:
Hm. If you are going to assign teams to divisions 'randomly' then they wouldn't be able to pick the names of their teams. You'd have to pick the team names for them. Meaning, they'd have to wait to create the team (or have it approved) until you gave the okay and the name/nickname of the team for each coach.

No it just means the Falcons, Saints, Buccs, and Panthers may not all be in the same division. Which I have no problem with, I think the names alone will give the impact I want.
Belzedar

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
and the bye weeks sound like match fixing to me which is not allowed on fumbbl. besides what mug is going to line up 16 ff9 teams just to concede the game?

The rest of it sounds pretty fun (i need to read it again when i'm more awake) just the fluff of names etc and the bye thing to work out a bit.

Maybe if you want ball play not cas you could put some sort of forfeit in for fouling. cas from blocks just happen sometimes but kicking a man while down is not in the spirit of the league the way i read it

Yea I really wish there was a way to get around this about the bye week. I may have to drop this idea. I do think the idea that the cash being spent on rerolls only or being lost and the extra sps being related to the extra work put in on the offweek being a ok rationalization for why it is happening.

Also obviously this will have to be unranked specially if I do decide to allow some of the teams on the bubble and as far I can tell anything allowed in unranks (5vs5 ect)

Fouling is mean and not with the ideals of ballplay but at this time I have no intentions of making any negative things for fouling, tho I may forbid the Dirty player skill.

Besides that yea just like you say, and I believe too, getting hurt is part of the game, this league just does not allow teams who sole purpose is to hurt people.
Belzedar

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

CoachBob wrote:
GL though!
-CB

Yea I do realize this. One plan I have is since we start with so many teams I have no problems combining divisions and even the conferences if need be.

Aslo since every team will have between 18-21 games played by playoffs with a bye week I am hoping if things work out really odd and someone is forced to play one less, or someone plays one more, game then everyone else it will not have a large impact on the playoffs.

Also I am considering allowin teams that loose players to injuries before the Regular Season starts to be re-done. Now this allows for allot of mulligans and exploits so if I do allow it, there will be allot of scrutnity and will only be allowed if a team is "destroyed"

I am hoping this will lower some of the dropouts.

Also one of the reasons I am toying with the idea of every team in league entering the playoffs is cause once a team has no hope why are they going to play? If everyone gets in playoffs then everyone will have a reason to play every game, for the most part atleast.
 Jump to: