67 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should players with multiple niggles be forced to retire from 1vs1?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 32 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 57

peikko

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Should players with multiple niggles be forced to retire from 1vs1? When player niggles or gets virus, its pretty boring game and free spp fest for opponent. One niggle can be cured with apo before the game.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for No.

Would be a shame in my view if the aging rolls decided how and when my players would be replaced.

I think playing with the chance of Virus is a calculated danger, there is a chance of a turn 1 injury anyhow.

Maybe it might be worth looking at Virus / Niggle fail requiring a conceed?

Cheers
Jkaen

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get multiple niggles and end up not playing it will take the fun from the game, i think you have to accept that your player will have to retire at some point and yet the new blood in.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampires with 1 niggle can not use apoth. Any player with 2 or more niggles might be unable to apoth themselves pre-game.

If you have a player with multi niggle, I think the guy will have to be kicked out anyway. If you WERE FORCED TO KICK HIM when he gets a second niggle and he gets that just before the group final or somewhere in the playoffs, you have practically lost your next match. Sad

DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And what about 1 niggle with a high TR? chances of rolling Virus really damn good, ie try about 4 out of 5 games rolling at least virus or some other banned handicap and if i concede it crashes the game

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Should players with multiple niggles be forced to retire from 1vs1? When player niggles or gets virus, its pretty boring game and free spp fest for opponent. One niggle can be cured with apo before the game.

Where does it say that players with 2 or more niggles cannot be apothed to play?
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
peikko wrote:

Where does it say that players with 2 or more niggles cannot be apothed to play?

Apo cures one failed niggling roll, not two.
Havent tested that in client thou.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get a niggle, have an apoth ready (unless you are an Undead) and keep your TR low. Spend most of your tresury (keep some so you can buy a new player after the match in case your current one gets a MNG or dies) Kick assistant coaches and discard re-rolls in order not to give your opponent any handicaps.

This is just about the only way to do it.

Cannonfodder

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Duke, when you retire your player should not be dictated by your ageing rolls

'These are my principals, if you dont like them, I have others.'
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Let the coaches make the individual call. if you play with a niggle then you risk having your player miss the game. if you poth your guy into playing there is always the chance he will get splattered on the first turn with no chance of being saved.

Jump to: