59 coaches online • Server time: 11:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What if neither coach has been present when the redline passes (KO tournament/playoffs)?
Option A: Random winner +5, advances to the next round. Loser -5 and out.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Option B: Both forfeit. -5 each and both drop out of the tourney.
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Option C: 0 points to both. Random winner advances.
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 24

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This poll has ended. This bold section of the first message in this thread has been made official and can be found from the group page, from the "DEADLINE"-section.

Q: What if neither coach has been present when the redline passes?
A: Both forfeit. -5 points to each. If this was a KO tournament, both coaches drop out of the tourney.

Q: What if we are talking of playoffs and the coaches miss the redline?
A: Automatic time extension until the deadline.

Q: What if two coaches ask for time extension until the deadline and then miss their deadline (neither coach was at fault)?
A: Both coaches receive 0 points instead of negative points. If the match was KO or playoff game, a coin toss will decide which team advances to the next round.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this poll! Smile

[Old post begins:]
Using the current set of rules, a forfeit - any forfeit - after DOBC will give -5 points to the losing team. A forfeit victory will give +5 points for the winner of that match.

Scenario:
What if neither coach has been present when the redline passes?
Or
What if two coaches ask for time extension until the deadline and then miss their deadline (neither coach was at fault)?

If this match is a KO tournament match or a playoff match, should the winner advance to the next round or should they both be dropped out of the league?

Option A: Random winner +5, advances to the next round. Loser -5 and out.

A coin flip between the teams. Winner gets +5 points and loser gets -5 points. If the match was KO or playoffs, loser drops out of the tournament and the winner advances to the next round as normal.

Option B: Both forfeit. -5 each and out of the tourney.

Both coaches are considered as forfeiters, both receiving -5 penalty. If the match was KO or playoff, both coaches are dropped out of the tournament and the next round's opponent receives a BYE.

Option C: 0 points to both. Random winner advances.

Both coaches receive 0 points instead of negative points. If the match was KO or playoff game, a coin toss will decide which team advances to the next round.

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %02, %2005 - %09:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

0 point to both. Random winner move forward per coin flip. Problems could occur in case of both worked on playing the game, but it is usually unlikely.
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

voted b.
you are responsible to play, not to try playing.
If think that this way we are punishing the team that would have played against the winner too (because theorically loses the chance of playing a "stay or die" match) in practice you make him play a "stay or die" match at a higher level of the ko/playoff, maybe a final-semifinal. Not that punishment.
If you still consider that this is a damage to a third (and innocent)part, i believe that we can add the guilty feeling for that to the punishmenet of not playing a playoff match, on the back of the two retarders.
am i harsh today?
bye!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like the other voters to comment as well. I would like to know why you think option A, B or C would work out the best.

Aconite

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted option B. (Only on condition that the coach has not previously contacted to say they would not be around for a short while).

If neither has even been online for that time, and hasn't notified the league organiser then they're obviously not that bothered about the league and neither should get any benefit from this. (There may be exceptional circumstances as to why someone didn't notify, but I think the very rare occasion is acceptable)

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Most likely I will make a compromise solution, something along these lines:

Q: What if neither coach has been present when the redline passes?
A: Both forfeit. -5 points to each. If this was a KO tournament, both coaches drop out of the tourney.

Q: What if we are talking of playoffs and the coaches miss the redline?
A: Automatic time extension until the deadline.

Q: What if two coaches ask for time extension until the deadline and then miss their deadline (neither coach was at fault)?
A: Both coaches receive 0 points instead of negative points. If the match was KO or playoff game, a coin toss will decide which team advances to the next round.

Do you guys think this is is a reasonable solution?

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted option C especially if both tries to play. Hey, some guys will complain about havin' not played a game and therefore be lower in TR!

Personnaly if both tries, and sometimes it just don't work; if you ever tried to arrange a game with 8 hours difference, then you will maybe understand it.
soren72

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In another group I'm playing in; Dansk Liga (all written in Danish) the following rules apply: If the red line has been crossed both coaches must write the admin to apply for the extra days, including the cause of the delay. This is to ensure both coaches are interested in playing the match. When deadline occurs the match will be decided as follows:

Neither coach has written : both coaches get 0 points (no negative points in this league) and the match is forfeit. Both coaches are eligble to be replaced by other coaches. This could be -5 for each and both are out of KO.

One coach has written: The admin decides by his better judgement if the coach will win by concession (no money or anything else given) or if it's a draw.

Both coaches have written and the game is not played before the final deadline (including possible extension): The game is a draw and zero point awarded to each coach. Coaches will not be replaced. In this league it could be the toss of a coin.

I've voted B, as you ask about neither coach being present. In the text you then describe two scenarios; both not present and both asking for extension but still unable to play. I think there's a difference. So I've answered from the viewpoint of 'not present'. In case of active coaches not being able to play I would - as desribed above - go for the random winner.

The problem is the different time zones and when coaches play. For instance - I only play in the evening from around 19.30 to a little past midnight (FUMBBL time) due to family and work. If another coach lives in New Zealand or US and has the same schedule, we'll never be able to play. I think it's a bit rash to punish coaches for this.

Just my 2 cents...

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
soren72

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I voted option C especially if both tries to play. Hey, some guys will complain about havin' not played a game and therefore be lower in TR!

Personnaly if both tries, and sometimes it just don't work; if you ever tried to arrange a game with 8 hours difference, then you will maybe understand it.

I behind sk8bcn on this one although I voted B. But again the confusion of the premises for the poll; acitve or inactive....

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now edited the first post. Please read the section in bold. Smile

soren72

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent Very Happy

Prymja

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

OK first off for me, if neither coach has been around at all, they both should forfiet and be booted from tourny, no excuses can change how I feel on that.

But if both coaches have been around, and for some true RL situation, I mean some of us live in extremly different timezones and I also know getting a game with one of my friends on time can be sometimes very difficult, then they both should have a chance in some way, like a Coin Flip. Real Life will always come first for me, but I still have an obligation to this league to at least let people know I wont be around, or to try and find a time where me and my opponent can play.

Those are my thoughts
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The section written in bold in my first post has been made official and has been added to the group page, into the "DEADLINE"-section.

Jump to: