52 coaches online • Server time: 00:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
SWL Logo
Logo 1
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Logo 2
38%
 38%  [ 13 ]
Logo 3
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 34

Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi lads,

Some of the blokes (Dravaal and Daemonic Lazoth - good work!) have put together some logos for the SWL. Have a gander and let us know what you think.

Images can be found here:

SWL Logo 1

SWL Logo 2

SWL Logo 3

I think we're agreed on holding another poll in the future sometime. Some more options from the lads at work!

SWL Logo 4 (more aptly named Logo 2a)

SWL Logo 5

Last edited by Snorri on Jun 01, 2005 - 14:08; edited 1 time in total
DM

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricky choice between #2 & #3.

I chose #2 in the end, but I also like #3 as well...
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with DM on this one, out of them 3 I went with #2 followed closely by #3
GooseIAm

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I too echo the above.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

While I appreciate the work that has gone in I have voted for NONE of them. Each has it's merits...but I really think it is too early to be voting. None of these really capture the essence of the SWL (to use "branding" speak.)
So while I like the ideas of #1 and #2 I still think there is still work to be done.

Good on you Dravaal for the effort so far...but don't stop yet Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little inclined to agree with oz on this one Wink
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the work in progress vote. Good work so far, don't get me wrong but i think some consideration needs to had, some market research and customer focus groups held etc.

My Feedback:-

1 Good logo however the SWL part of th symbol seems justy a little too subtle if ya know whats i means, a little too lost in the complimentary colouration type thingy.

2 To be fair whilst its bold and daring its also to me more 4 oclock or nickleodeon cartoonish looking whilst i kinda think that the SWL wih its vast history needs more of a manga type quality look to it.

3 Stick annual under it and youve got what would be a great cover for the vast project Clay tsalked me into. As the league logo though im not so sure. I like the coulours and the background, very emotive of wht the Southern Waste should feel but its not so much a logo to me s a statement if ya know what i mean.

Well lads if you got past my mumbo jumbo psuedo marketing gibberish without smashing the screen in disgust just let me say, top marks for efforts lads, now keep that development cycle going and let us see what else you can do...maybe some joint project time there guys?

oh BTW can i talk to someone about adding annual to the bottom of 3 and when the eventual logo is chosen chucking it on one corner or something and then sending that to me for the annual cover....Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we've agreed on a further poll at some later date!

Added some more logos in the original post.

Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Logo's 2 and 2a...

Why?

Because I think the green and gold in #2 is great for the Aussies, the SWL is black and white for the kiwi types and the "star" to me is a POW... very apt symbol for Fumbbl.

Add in a skull somewhere (2 perhaps!) and I think it all adds up to an Oceanian BloodBowl Logo...

Plus, the 'cartoonish' graphic is strong and makes for easy printing...
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the STAR idea too...but the black recangle makes it look more like a tablesaw than a star. And while I agree that B&W salutes our NZ brothers it shouldn't be "on top".

As of the new ideas I like #5...but SWL needs to be more forthcoming. And I am STILL not a fan of the Gutcruncher font Wink