73 coaches online • Server time: 22:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
eganra

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Noisy is no more the longest running and greatest player the good bad and furry have seen to date was killed, bring an end to his assualt on the South Wastes hall of fame to an end. No longer can they fall back on there 2 stars Noisy and Revenge for Noisy is no more and Rvenge is getting on a bit alas noisy was struck down in what still seemed like his prime

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

TR100 Error Message - Support Ticket Resolved

From my PM from Christer (my original ticket below that):

Quote:
No, that error message is not related to the filler teams, but something else is going on. Given that your tournament is a non-progression one, I suspect that the problem lies in the fact that replacing in new teams (which default to standard progression) will not flag them for non-progression properly, thus causing this error message.

I have added a feature to the team page which allows a coach to manually switch progression to sort out this problem.

--
Hiya,

Christer created a special account called \"TourneyFiller\" (http://fumbbl.com/~TourneyFiller) in which we can use the filler teams for our leagues when necessary.

In the SWL (The Oceanian League), we are running a non-progression tournament (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2473) and are using the Filler teams. When a new player joins, we add them in at the expense of the filler team.

The problem is now when these new players play, we get an error saying \"You May Not Play Teams With Differing Progression\".

I believe this may be because the Filler teams are used in a multitude of tournaments all across fumbbl (as intended) and hence it is causing some sort of conflict. My recollection is that if a players Div[U]team was in two tourneys at once, then the results would not upload. I suspect this is true with the Filler teams and doubly true because some of those Filler teams would be in normal progression tournaments.

Consequently, I am worried that the Filler Teams are effectively useless because of this safety issue on having teams in multiple tournaments. If this is the case, then this is a fumbbl issue and hence we ask for your help.

There is a thread on this too, http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5372, so i hope that helps explain...

ClayInfinity
Commish - SWL.

Allow us admins to digest this and experiment a little... I notice that the progression is listed in your team pages, but i cant find a toggle switch to alter it...

We admins will look at this and perhaps reset the TR100 when we get it sorted out.

For you TR100 fans out there, we're making progress Smile
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay...I found the switch. It is above the team sheet but below the bio area. it says progression: standard.

The toggle ONLY appears on a NEW team. So you can toggle between standard and non-prog. I wonder if after a season as a non-prog team you can switch back to standard and play on.

{edit: Nope..once played they are locked into their progression choice. I left the group to check. And sure enough since the team sheet saves your w-d-l record and other stuff you are locked forever as a non-prog team.}

Anyway...get all teams in TR100 to check that they are toggled to non-prog and all should be fine.

And if you are online at midnight get on IRC you lurker! Forum slower than email Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, now that we are well and truly at the business end of the season it is time to talk about Pro Bowl II? The first one was great to watch, we must've had most of SWL speccin those games, and alot of people in teamspeak to hear the live commentary. I guess the one issue with doing it again is what would the fourth team be? We would have Premier, Conference and Regional, but would the Fourth team be Fringe or Lil Leeg? The probelm with having a Fringe team would be whether we allow teams that didn't start in SWL to include players on the team or not, while the Lil Leeg team would prolly get murdered every game, but it'd be great fun to watch the very best stunty blokes get hammered. Very Happy
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Idea of a Lil leeg team playing. But i'd like to see them with a similar roster to that of an Ogre team, with quite a few big guys, maybe 6, and the rest as normal stunties. Another Idea I'd like to see is a off site Team of the Centuary tournament.

Brad
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, 6 big guys and the rest secret weapons!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Round 6 Extended 24hrs</b>

Due to fumbbl downtime that took place for most of Monday (fumbbl was back up at 8pm on Monday evening, Sydney time), Rnd 6 has been extended 24hrs to Tuesday night.

Round 7 will still be due NEXT Monday though.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A reminder to all Premiership players, get your Twahnlow Votes up to date!

Also running behind schedule at work, so Pro Bowl voting boards will be a little late getting started, but I should be able to tackle it this weekend.

Cheers,
Snorri.

PS And what is with sloganizer.net! I don't get it!?

PPS Eganra - Good place to inflict on us your swl heartaches and passions in story form is in the the SWL ChannelBB forum Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>LAST ROUND OF SEASON 10 BEGINS!</b>

Well sorta... BloodReaper and sp00n have a 24 hr extension as requested.

Sandune was awarded a forfeit win vs SonofSharkboy as he hasnt been on for 22days! SoS is a new dad though, so we cut him some slack...

Longshanks vs savsta awarded zero pts due to no contact with admins whatsoever... communication is the key guys.

Also, Off Season Stuff!

Remember the caps, (200 for Conf, 150 for Regional) <b>but do not cull TR until you have been told what div you are in!</b> Higher placed coaches do retire their teams to go into the draft so whilst you may not believe you will get promoted you may get lucky! I dont want anyone culling 50+ TR and then whinging when they are told they can stay in their division...

And the TR 100 Draft list will be published soon! Dont forget to get your draft nominations by the end of the Season!!
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2005 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just testing

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>SWL Season 11 Draft</b>

The following coaches have nominated for the Draft. They are listed in no particular order as the draft will be randomly seeded.

Shatterstar, Nalavara, Artaxerxes, ClayInfinity, Foolwholaughsatdeath*, Southee, Espionage, VolCom*.

Anyone who wants in, send an email to swladmin@hotmail.com

Anyone who believes they should be on that list already, do likewise.

Clay

* - Coaches marked "*" will only be in pending final relegation results.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My draft pick for Gumbeast United FoolWhoLaughsAtDeath

Anyone seen symmetrical around??/ We were meant to play on wednesday Sad
Fool

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay, I'm thinking that'd even if I get relegated, I'd like to play around with culling and see if I can make the SWL Losers a viable team for TR150. So keep me out of draft for now.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

He sent me some random PM's on Tuesday Gumbi...strange that he hasn't replied to them either, so something might be amiss.
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

just to let you know I have set up a SWL proxy server - thanks to gumbi for the machine
it should rpove to give quite good ping levels for us instead of sending our data to sweden and back.

Details:

swl.hopto.org
port:4321

Jump to: