30 coaches online • Server time: 01:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What format?
One Group
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Two Groups and Final Group
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the tournament will be starting tomarrow. We will have 14 players in it, unless we can get another applicant. If we can, I will be able to accept him and another guy, and we will have even teams.
Here's the group page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2503

Now, before we start, there are two formats I'm considering:

Everyone in one group, highest points team that survives wins.
Two groups. Top few teams that survive from each advance to a final group. Please vote in the poll on what you think is best!
dagda331

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the one group better suits the brawling melee that this league will (hopefully) be. Like you said in a previous forum, its all about the mayhem!

Plus, having just one group lets everyone play the maximum number of games, instead of everybody playing, then a select few getting to while others have to just sit back and watch Razz
Shintyboy

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

One group would take 3 months to play at a game a week. That is too long
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

To advance rounds, you have to wait for twice as many games to finish if you have one group.

With 2 groups, at least one will move quickly.
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Also (assume 16 players in total) I think there will be a few games at the end a a 1 group format, who will have no players at all, hence getting people to bother playing maybe a struggle.

Make it two groups. Each team plays 7 (ish) games. Then highest point teams, which have at least 1 man left, can go into a finals format.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit wrote:
Also (assume 16 players in total) I think there will be a few games at the end a a 1 group format, who will have no players at all, hence getting people to bother playing maybe a struggle.

Well, actually that's what we're going for. Wink

Hmm. Well, the point about it taking a long time is true. I wonder how much of a problem that will be. I'll wait and see what the result of the poll will be before I make any discission.
Longrifle

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

To keep coaches interested, maybe some kind of bonus for teams that win or draw shorthanded, say 1 for a draw and 2 for victory if short by 2 or more at start of match. I agree with Woodpecker7 that one group is the way to go to see how many players you can keep alive til the end.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Longrifle wrote:
To keep coaches interested, maybe some kind of bonus for teams that win or draw shorthanded, say 1 for a draw and 2 for victory if short by 2 or more at start of match.

That's really hard to impliment though. I'd have to manually input all the results.
Okay, I've decided we're just going with one group. It'll take a while, but as we've only got 14 teams (instead of the aimed for 16), it'll be very messy otherwise. And it just occured to me, the games will get shorter as we go due to players biting the dust. Twisted Evil
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

ARGGHHHHH!
We got a new app right after I had created the tournament and denied the 15th coach. So I'm not starting it yet, in the hope that he'll apply again. Or if anyone else wants to join, could they jump in now?

-Edit-
I've just had an idea. What if we made it Open Round Robin, and you were required to play everyone? This might lead to some people stalling, but I could institute a rule saying you have to play at least once a week, or you lose 5 points. What do you all think?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

one more! one more! be quick please!

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, i've reapplyed my team now ^^
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

cool!

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright! Let's get this thing goin, baby!
SpookyKid

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it that my 1st opponent is not using a new team?

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

He didn't have one ready. He'll have one soonk, and then I'll replace his with the new one. That's just a placeholder, you won't have to play it.
 Jump to: