38 coaches online • Server time: 17:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Can a list include skills that a position starts with, or can I substitue block for a norse blitzer?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No and No. The list for each position must contain six unique, legal options at all times. The idea is that you roll and then take the skill you rolled... as such, the skills on the list must be things that people can actually take.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A Bump and some blathering.

So far it looks like a little more bashy than agile. I plan on making some elf team as soon as I finish a tourney and can retire a team. I am looking forward to the zaniness and if you have any reliable friends, invite them to submit a team.

One question, did you already write in the rules how coaches decide which coach in one pair is going to a coach in the other pair? I think we talked about letting the lowest TS coach picking the match up, but I thought we should clarify it.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2005 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
...One question, did you already write in the rules how coaches decide which coach in one pair is going to a coach in the other pair? I think we talked about letting the lowest TS coach picking the match up, but I thought we should clarify it.

Erm... well... I hadn't really thought about it. I was just going to wing it. Getting it established ahead of time probably makes a little more sense, however.

Also, we need to settle on a format. Open Round Robin so that you can pick your next opponent/pair of opponents based upon your partner? Or a regular Round Robin so that we pick partners based upon opponents?

Decisions, decisions...

Well, we have another week to decide, at least. Remember, there's no official MNF tonight because of Independence Day.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a bump for what should be a fun little tournament, everyone should sign up today.

And a reminder to all those MNF regulars to hurry up and make your teams.

Also if there is a next season, I think for extra nuttyness, only pact teams should be used, or is it too soon think that far ahead?

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

We did do the bare bones onces..maybe an all elf tourney Smile

but lets get this one underway before getting too serious into what the next will be Smile

I'm looking forward to Monday night!!

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This may have already been asked but I didn't see it (I promise, I looked!), is a list considered to be regular rolls or doubles or regular rolls and doubles.

More to the point, can I have, say, Guard as an option on my regular rolls and my doubles list for, say, Longbeards.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

LurkingGrue wrote:
This may have already been asked but I didn't see it (I promise, I looked!), is a list considered to be regular rolls or doubles or regular rolls and doubles.

More to the point, can I have, say, Guard as an option on my regular rolls and my doubles list for, say, Longbeards.

You may have the same skill on both the regular and the doubles lists.

For example: your longbeard #1 roll could be Guard (Guard). This means that whether you roll a regular skill or a double, you are taking guard on a roll of 1.

Very good question, by the way. I hadn't really made that clear enough. One small sidenote is that you still can't have the same skill twice in the same list... ie: your longbeard could look like this:

1. guard (guard)
2. passblock (stand firm)
3. pro (dodge)
etc...

But NOT like this:

1. guard (passblock)
2. guard (stand firm)
3. pro (dodge)
etc...

Notice the difference?

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks like a lot of fun .. and I wish I could be online at the right times to join in Sad

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want, I'll let you know how it goes after Monday. No one's going to be offended if you start something similar at a more convenient time - look at the fourball groups, for example.

I suspect that the single common time is the only way it will really work, however. I'm actually going to wait and see if I'm needed to play (in order to make a good, even number) or if I can just sit back and spec while I do the administrative stuff the first week.

Some time this weekend I'll try to find the time to put a single, consolidated set of rules up on the group page and split off a FAQ for the forums. Try to streamline things a bit, ya know?

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wussy High Elves have joined the fray!!

*cough*BUMP*cough*

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

good..something to smash Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2005 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

good..something to smash Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It's your last chance to get in on the first week. Join #MNF and give it a go, if random matchups and skill picks with the best damn crew around sound like fun to you.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn my breeding! Damn! This looks to be GREAT fun indeed! Perhaps when the kiddies get a bit older and all are in daycare on tuesday (aussie you know) than I can join in the fun! Keep up the inagination folks..and I shall find you again if possible!

oz