21 coaches online • Server time: 02:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who do you thinks gonna win?
ENGERLAND!!!
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Dutch
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Swedes
14%
 14%  [ 18 ]
Team America
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Germans
10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
Hunagry
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
Italy
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Aussies/Kiwi's
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Canada
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Denmark
22%
 22%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 126

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

DONT WATCH THE SPELLING

hmmmm seems with the International Smackdown coming up there has been alot of banter from many nations about how they think there going to win.....

but who do you thinks gonna take the title of top players in the world of fumbbl representing their country Smile

there are many teams from across the world taking part
even Hungary have made a team and oh boy are they a force Smile
Csonti one of the highly rated coaches with his right hand men burnalot and angelface be aware of these hungary for victory fools Smile

with mezir taking control of a strong belgium side they also look a force
Smess and fanatic the brains and natchogen (to make up numbers i guess Smile)

i dont know much about the italian lineup but with jans in control anythings possible:roll:

popping into #Swl to sort out a aussie an kiwi team they seem to be confident calling me a loser on several occasions Smile dont know much about there lineup as its yet to comfirmed but your garunteed a team of terrible rubbish players who will blame non-progression for there losses Smile

the english being the hosts of this crazy fumbbl tournie seem strong, i popped in the changingromms earlier on and they look confident, purplechest getting right into the destroying of other nations and thesquig, being the squig Smile

i dont know much about the italian lineup but they could be good outsiders
dont know what else to say about the italians but expect bigthings Smile

Dreadclaw and his merrymen "da dutch boyz" expect alot of fouling from these guys if they dont win there gonna take somthign away with them skulls normally, they could be worth a £10 bet if you dont mind loosing your £10 Smile

Canada and darkwolf are just here to make up the numbers? SmileSmileSmile
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Germany seem to be overflowing with tlaent asking for 3teams Shocked
quality not quantity lads Smile

Team American
well lardy dar boyz u got yourself into a mess now you havent got a atomic warhead to save you now, i cant even see you beating the canadians if you wanna waste your money go for these guys Smile

Swedish outsiders
the swedes seem also strong with Sideshowbob at the helm (no pun intended) but i do like these guys i might put a bet on them Smile

Denmark
ooooooo they scare me bumper put together a strong team beaware
if i missed anyone its cause your not important Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
who you got your money on?

post below SmileSmileSmile

Last edited by DropDeadFred on %b %29, %2005 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

alot of smiley faces lol

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well at least we've got the summer olympics Smile
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hungary: I'd say Csonti Put up an Awesomely Frightening team here, I'd guess us dutchies will have a big problem against these guys... win chances: 40% for the dutch, 60% for the Hungarians

Belgium: Smess, Mezir, Nachtogen and Fanatic... I'm peeing my pants allready.. these guys will probably own us big time, but i'll see what happens. win chances: 25% dutch, 75% Belgium

Aussies: Malthor and..dunno.. Since i don't know the team setup, can't say a lot about it.. but i think this we could win. 70% dutch, 30% aussies.

English: Well, they're english... if i don't line up against thesquig (whom i can't seem to beat, i think we'll be fine. win chances: 60% dutch, 40% english

Italians: Well now.. italians.. these pastaloving boyz shouldn't be a problem! 75% dutch, 25% italian.

Us dutchies: We may not win this, but we will sure as hell try. We got a Nice team setup, with Cloggy as our big hitter, Rijssiej as our Main winner, Bluedevil520 as our Secret weapon, and me as our Captain. I'd say on paper we look lovely.

Canada: Walkover. 80% dutch, 20% Canada.

Germany: Too many teams! Can't say a lot.. might win a few, might not.. i'm going for 50/50 on this one

America: do you guys even have coaches with skills? 80% dutch 20% america.

Swedish: don't know.. could become strong but could also crumble as a deck of cards... i'm voting a 50/50 on this

Denmark: Bumper is a good coach, this might be a tough nut to crack, but my dutch boyz can do it. 60% vs 40%

I might have seen this a bit positive for the dutch.. but hey! i'm biased!

Top Three:
Winners: Belgium
runners up: Hungary
Third: Dutch
This is captain Dreadclaw, signing off!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

why cant i vote for the belgian team? I think they are a strong team with good chances to win this thing, so....
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

geertfebe wrote:
why cant i vote for the belgian team? I think they are a strong team with good chances to win this thing, so....

Because Dropdeadfred forgot to add them..so vote for the dutch instead (we're like superior belgians)

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

lol Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going with Belgium or Hungary. Hungary will be a force indeed!

Although you can never rule out the Germans... or the Brits Wink

tautology

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah!

The Dutch? Maybe if I played a TR 80 chaos team using only my nose on the keyboard, then Dreadclaw would have a chance. fuhgeddaboudit.

The English? I am personally sending 2 cases of Guinness to arrive the day of their match, so that should take care of that.

Belgium? Is that even a country? More like a county where I come from.

Germany? Well, they do look formiddable...but then again Circular Logic's tourney-winning Midwinter was no match for my Eight Long Hours so we shall see.

Canada? This is a joke, right?

I'm glad Hungary's not in it, Csonti is a force to be reckoned with, but Hunagary shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Aussies, Italy, Sweden, Denmark...who can tell the difference? Come to think of it, where are those countries? Somewhere near Chicago maybe?

I'm afraid it's a US sweep my friends!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited by tautology on %b %29, %2005 - %12:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Csonti

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

tautology wrote:
Hunagary shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Good point! Well, despite of the spelling, we will be there. Just a friendly warning: don't underestimate Burnalot and Angelface because of their relative low CR, they like to play vampires and other non competitive teams. Wink

Altough we believe that we have a fairly solid team, it's clear, that some nations will cause us serious headache. Better to sacrifice a lamb right now, u could never be sure when it's about Nuffle...
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Dreadclaw and his merrymen "da dutch boyz" expect alot of fouling from these guys

Funny how the presence of Dreadclaw's name in a list of coaches automatically turns the whole team into a bunch of foulfreaks Surprised .

Fear not: The other Dutch coaches are a nice clean (physically, not in pot sense off course Smile ) bunch of fellows.

(senseless brag)We will still beat you all though, and annex Belgium in the process!(end senseless brag)

Honestly don't know who will win this thing, except that the Americans will not stand a chance Twisted Evil

[edit: should really learn how to type]

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %29, %2005 - %12:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:

Canada: Walkover. 80% dutch, 20% Canada.

I'll be nice and assume that the 20% Canada is ME STOMPING YET ANOTHER MUD-HOLE IN YOUR CANDY A$$.

Dread in non-progression with no DP....

Suuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we all know Dread will lose. He is kinda the team mascotte. If we win every round 3-1 we'll still be ok.

/me hides under the desk in fear of his great captain's wrath

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, i'm basically the fall guy. If anything fails, the captain gets the blame. Since i got removed from the most annoying coach thread, I'll try to play as bad as possible so at least my fellow countrymen will hate me!

I don't think i'll be that much of a contender, but cloggy rijssiej and blue will cover for me! and if i actually do manage to win..then i'm KING for a day!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Italians are sexy... I think this is more than enough to make us a match for everybody.

If we win, we win so that's not an issue.
If we get a draw, we haven't lost so we technically call it a moral victory.
If we lose, we'll seduce your wives/girlfriends/pets/whatever in an act of petty vengeance so that counts as a victory as well.

'nuff said!

Very Happy

Jump to: