41 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What´s to do with a niggled players without apothecary
Has to retire
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Has to have an extra player (lowest class) in the team
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Ignore the problem. Restart in case
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Other (please post your ideas)
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 30

Skar2

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What shall we do about the niggled player problem?

Please give your favorite your vow.

1) A player of a team without an apothecary has to retire immediately

2) In a team without apothecary with a niggled player, a second player has to be set up (lowest possible class), who may play the match for the niggled player. The extra man should not be allowed to gain SPPs.

3) Ignore the problem and restart a match in the case that the player doesn´t manage the pain.

4) Another rule. Please post you idea
Iscariot

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If you've chosen a team that can't take an apoth. thats surely one of their weakness? I mean if we start allowing vampire and the like to pretty much ignore their niggles then thats screwed lol, so no-way restarting the match. I think if you niggle and can't play the match cause you have no apoth. that's your teams drawback, and you play the match through with no-one on the field. Harsh, but otherwise we're ignoring the inherent weaknesses of certain teams and players.

Iscariot
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah really, you can't let them restart. That would be really unfair. But he still wanna play with the nig? Ok then 1/6 he will loose badly. End of the strory IMO.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

As the owner of a Strigoyan team who's already retired 2 guys for this exact reason, I'm well aware of the issue.

My opinion is this: They should ABSOLUTELY NOT be allowed a free restart for this, it's a known risk that coaches take when they choose their teams.

Option 4) If a player fails a niggle roll and has no Apoth, he plays the match with no players (All you can score TD Buffet).
xathos

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

the problem for those who have not faced this is you cant.

I played vs one, they failed to show, i scored six times but the game will not save or upload.

the only fair option i can see is to restart until the niggler shows.. but since he technically didnt make it, the opposing coach cannot move him and you cannot block him. just ignore his existance.

xathos

my vote from the above choices though is retirement
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

He should not be forced to retire, but any game he niggles is lost, so he can continue on and lose 1 in 6 games per niggle, or restart. Option 4.
Shintyboy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

xathos wrote:

the only fair option i can see is to restart until the niggler shows.. but since he technically didnt make it, the opposing coach cannot move him and you cannot block him. just ignore his existance.

I agree with this, don't set him up unless you have to, keep him out the game if you have to bring him on.
flyingboxers

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Shintyboy wrote:
xathos wrote:

I agree with this, don't set him up unless you have to, keep him out the game if you have to bring him on.

Yes... So very Yes... this way it makes sense and there's still the advantage of the MVP to not complain about.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Except your supposedly niggled player who should be missing the game can end up dead or seriously injured from a thrown rock whilst standing in the corner pretending to not be there LOL.

still disliked all round!
mathe

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

even though i have a vamp myself i agree with iscariot.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2005 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

xathos wrote:
the problem for those who have not faced this is you cant.

I played vs one, they failed to show, i scored six times but the game will not save or upload.

Ahh the client has issues trying to give the MVP with no players available. I forgot about that...

The problem also with sticking him on the field is touchbacks.. though I guess the player can simply throw the ball away...

I guess Restart for failed Niggles, Player stays away from ball (or throws it away) and game is reloaded or restarted if the niggle player is somehow SI or RIP.
dabhab

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a member on 1vs1, but how is this?

A player who didn´t show up, has to restart till he does and concede the game.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for conceding he wouldn't have to restart. He would get no mvp anyway. Problem may be if both teams players have to concede forced by that policy.

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2005 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
/boo

I am amazed how many non 1 on 1 players are here!