24 coaches online • Server time: 10:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would a 50 TR start KO tourney interest you?
Yes - Love the idea, bring it on
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Yes - Maybe with a slightly different starting TR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No - Stop coming up with such silly tournaments!
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
No - Would a Halfling eat Halfling Pie ... it is Pie?
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Many teams play pretty Blood Bowl, with a full squad, and fans aplenty, but there are other teams.

From the dreggs of human society, the smaller tombs of Khemri gods, the small Orc tribes there are others.

The plan, if it has any interest, is a knock out cup, with all new [U] teams starting at 50 TR.

You might decide on 11 Goblins, without rerolls, you may decide 4 Black Orcs would rule the field.

Whatever your choice, make it wisely, you will not have room for error.

Comments always welcome, no Halflings were harmed in the creation of this post.

Sub rules;

1 week strict deadlines
No Wizards or Stars (freebooters are fine)
No conceeds please
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My single Suggestion with this League is to make sure that most coaches come from Similar Time Zones. Painful Lesson learnt in Premier was that, if you give a single week, often it is not enough time for, e.g and Australian and an American, to nessecerily manage to schedule a game.

If you have enough Interest, attempt to set up a group for each major Timezone area, like Europe, American and maybe Oceana. Good Luck with the Tourney Very Happy

Drok
lamby16

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Drokmar wrote:
My single Suggestion with this League is to make sure that most coaches come from Similar Time Zones. Painful Lesson learnt in Premier was that, if you give a single week, often it is not enough time for, e.g and Australian and an American, to nessecerily manage to schedule a game.

If you have enough Interest, attempt to set up a group for each major Timezone area, like Europe, American and maybe Oceana. Good Luck with the Tourney Very Happy

Drok

It took me over a week to try and organise a game with a guy from New Zealand, despite both of us being on Fummbl nearly all the time. I think seperate time zone groups is a VERY good idea.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if it happened I guess it would be European, as was the original 1 player tourney.

However, looking at the voting it would currently seem to be a 1 team tourney Razz
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The original 1 player tourney was not European only. the joke that got taken seriously and turned into the tourney was Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
The original 1 player tourney was not European only. the joke that got taken seriously and turned into the tourney was Wink

I know ... it was my joke Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no but I find the idea funny after all. Well not feasible perhaps (good players take too quickly SPPs so best technique is to go to stunty)