35 coaches online • Server time: 14:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post 14 Posted: Nov 03, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the input, everyone, I have decided to go ahead with my original format. This is going to be a small, private group, so you will need to post applications here (Team name included). It will take a little while for things to settle in, so be patient. I will need to accept the teams one at a time, but I'll PM you if your in. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2903

I'm also interested in getting a staff member from Europe, mention if you are interested, and don't be offended if I grab someone else Wink

The group will top out around 10 players.

King at the moment: Macavity, having successfully fended off 0 teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I figure I'll bump this up one more time, and see if I get a hit. It's a casual, laid back challenge set up that will encourage odd matchups and eliminate cherry-picking. If no one is interested, well, I'll find another use for my team Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

When is due to start Mac?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's going to be ongoing. It'll start as soon as a second team is involved that can challenge mine. I do need to figure out if I can get a group list going without a formal tourney set up. Advice would be appreciated...

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this concept and I'd be honored to be the first challanger with the Horde of Vaguely Humanoid Evil. This Hill will be mine!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally a chance to play against Macavity! I am in (although I can't promise to play more than one game per week) http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=215351
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if there's going to be a flag at the top of the hill i want it to be mine. I would love to see where this goes so count me in.

Ascending Scales is ready to start up that slope.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, great, guys! I've extended invites to each of your teams, as well as Korenn's (who PMd me). Before you accept them, I'd like to remind you that this is a long-term, no schedule system. It's a "pride only" set up, so let's treat it that way. No retiring teams (unless you're at the bottom). What I'm going to do is close membership at the 5 of us, for the moment. I'm not online a lot, so, basically, when I am, I'll look for you, and first crack gets first crack (if two want it, then we'll go in order of posting here). That's how we'll set up the rankings. Once all five are involved and ranked, I'll open up for a few more. In my ideal world, I'd like to see this drag on forever. A deal where you aren't always concentrating on it, but you log in and notice a challenge, you go and defend, and, when you get the chance, issue one yourself. I will need to figure outr how best to post rankings to the group page, but I promise we'll get slicker as we go.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

great! I'll idle in #kingofthehill and see if anyone else will do the same Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, Korenn, I can't ave people thinking they are the first match, and messing up the system. That's why I appointed myself as reigning king. I want to make sure no one plays a game until they are making a challenge. Don't worry, I'll get online when I can. Slow paced, remember Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be me, but I can't find any invitation to my team?
 Jump to: