37 coaches online • Server time: 16:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2011 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Seconded - now the PL + conferences please Smile
Jiiiiim

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice roundup, halfling!

Also Zomb didn't just bash their way to second. We also had some default wins >_>
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Also... holy Parklife FC. Someone needs to teach those guys a lesson. 10-0-0 is pretty good by any measure.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2011 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we just got good news and bad news. 5-0 win makes it 11-0-0... but our +ST wardancer died, and our +AG catcher is -MA. (Which is admittedly less of a thing. That's still a good player.) Still, conference play here we come.

(And I'm working on the conference writeup... should be up tomorrow.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
clarkin

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2011 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Big congrats to Cyrus-Havoc who's White Isle Retail have just won the 22nd WIL premiership! Even if 2nd place wins their final match Cyrus-Havoc's orcs will be 6 points clear at the top. Nice job!

Meanwhile my fail-undead are in last place, with some hope of 2nd last if we can eke out a win in the last game... I think I may go with underworld next season and put Cold Hands, Dead Eyes into cold storage!
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2011 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That is a mean team. Hopefully we'll see them de-throned next season, but congratulations to Cyrus-Havoc!
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for those kind comments. Tackle & Mighty blow have seen us through in what I think of as the ‘old fashioned way’.

I expected to soon come up against the CPOMB but it looks like an influx of elves next season to give us the run around. Jock’s High Elves look a good bet for next season unless I can kill them all early on!

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2011 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know when the current season is ending and the next one starting? I'd like to put my undead in cold storage and start up with a new race - just want to know if any races are oversubscribed right now
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

After 7 seasons in WIL (twice in the prem), I'm putting Cold Hands, Dead Eyes in the cooler for a while.

I've applied to WIL with a new underworld team (Speaks Softly, Big Claws). Are we allowed pre-season friendlies? When is the new season going to start?
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2011 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Soon I hope, as I am in the prem for the first time after 10 seasons \o/.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2012 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The divisions have all now been drawn, good luck to everyone.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2012 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

First match in WIL Dragon Conference XXIII between Chavo's Barons of Blackwater and Ehlers'sEbil Zneaky Worzhipperz

A victory for the Ebil Zneaky Worzhipperz with 2-1 over the Barons of Blackwater

The Ebil Zneaky Worzhippers had brought the following inducement along with them
1 wandering apothecary
1 wizard
2 bloodweiser babes
1 bribe

Worzhipperz was to recieve, but it was clearly that it was long time since Ehlers had played a BB match because he kept shouting at his players to reorganize their defensive lineup. A highkick was made and so the match begin. A classic HE opening down the middle, but was surrounded quickl. Here the downfall of the Barons began. It was as if it was too early for the Barons to start on another season. The HEs had difficulties in throwing the ball, GFI and dodging. The first half ended in a 1-0 lead for the Worzhipperz.

2nd half and the Barons make a Blitz on the unprepared Worzhippers, but luckily the Barons just cant handle the ball. There is some strugle over the ball, but the Worzhipperz get the ball and move towards the end zone. Again, the Barons faliled their dodges which made it possible for a handoff to a bull (skill Very Happy ) and a 2-0 score. The Worzhipperz get a blitz and in their eager to get the ball a failed GFI put the Barons in a good position to go for a goal. Through the whole match, Nuffle did not have a friendly hand over the Barons. The lightning god however seemed to protect the HE as a lightning bolt was aimed at the Elf in 4meters away. Now suddenly it was 2-1 and a possible draw could be made by the Barons. Again one of the Barons failed his GFI and the match ended in 2-1 and the first victory for the Ebil Zneaky Worzhipperz.

Thanks for the match. The timestamp was not used and generally a friendly tune by both coaches. Even though, I dont blame you Chavo if you had made a few curses Smile
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2012 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The quest to keep the dice: Round 1

This season the White Isle League is awarding a real life prize of a set of WIL Block Dice. With this being a prestigious prize and limited sets available, competition will be fierce. Thankfully I am now in the Premiership and therefore in with a shot of keeping the dice for another season. The quest begins. I shall have to be ruthless. RUTHLESS!!

First up was JigerJones puny Chaos team White County FFC, W.I.L. High fully anticipated victory here having bribed the ref, the assistant coaches, cheerleaders, apothecary, fans, babes and even the weather!

Victory acheived!, a 2-1 victory, a narrow win, we received and scored early, confident of stealing the ball and racking up the touchdowns. The filthy Chaos scum had other plans though and recovered a theft and made it 1-1, also blocking a OTS attempt. Second half we again attempted high pressure on the ball and were justly rewarded with the ball, a brief stall and 2-1. THe chaos then made us nervous of another score with a few turns remaining but thankfully their disgusting hairy beastman could not manage his dodges, you are not and Elf! hah!! The Chaos even had the nerve to try and kill one us the nobles but the apothecary earned his money and the evil ones were limited to hurting us badly.

So a first deserved victory for the glorious Noble Gentlemen of the W.I.L. High. THE DICE WILL REMAIN MINE!

Next up is the disgusting rotting scum, coached by an evil genius, more bribery and cheating may be required for victory.

PS. Thanks for the game Jiger you played well and had me worried.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion Brass Scorpions 0 - 2 Nafia

The tabletop NAFia's quest for WIL glory began this afternoon with a rookie showdown against Fantastic Jimmy's green Chaos. After a Riot robbing the bones of a turn, a quickish push forward lead to a T7 touchdown. Jimmy's 4+, 4+, 3+, 2+ pass went down; and 1-0 at the half was assured.

On defence, the NAFia went pop quick. Tomb Guardians were jammed in to mark players and try and effectively even numbers. The Sizzler failed a Sure Hander to get away, and then it was nuts on the line. Finally the Chaos got away, only for an effective 4+, 4+, 2+ to work for a Blitz-ra. Worked for me, didn't for him, 2-0.

Desmond Lineman grabbed NAF captain 'Dangerous' Dave Downes for comment, his response "Join the NAF, you Lapdog!"

Well, quite.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2012 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite my bad plays I still had a 3/4 chance of a draw vs the best player in the world, not bad really!