11 coaches online • Server time: 06:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure on the question. The sort of thing the stats page should show! I imagine phil's Rats and Irn Bru played a few times. Dominos Astrum and any of the old teams.... Dunno.

Thanks for the reference to the cap thing mind. Have a look boss! Wink
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My new underworld have finally managed a win! Speaks Softly, Big Claws 2 - 1 Second Class Lounge!

Quote:
We receive first, with Skitter earning half his fee with the first blitz of the game scoring a -MA injury on a sidesteppin skink! Glart Smashrip sees this and decides to do step up, with a T2 block BH'ing their kroxi! They go for a foul on the prone Skitter.. but the ref immediately sends off the skink before he can even raise his foot!! Wait, does that ref's nametag really say James Stab-Stab?!

We follow this up with a KO'd saurus and now they are outnumbered 11 to 7 and can do little to slow us as we march forwards with the ball. T5 they try a -2d blitz with their +AGI skink but can only get a skull and a self-ko. Things (somehow) continue to go worse and worse for the lizards as we can simply do no wrong, and we end the half 1-0 up with another skink in the BH box and just 3 saurus left on the pitch.

Only two KOs return from four (two attempts) leaving two saurus sleeping so they have just 6 vs our full squad as we kick off. They try for a foul on our scary clawed troll.. but again get a skink sent off!! (thanks James!) They are down to 5 on the pitch now and when their last-ditch attempt at rushing a skink to the halfway line fails we can make it 2-0 with only a slight hitch (a skink briefly stealing a fumbled pickup!)

Looks like game over... but the lizard fans are having none of it as they rush the field and systematically knock down 7 out of our 11 players, while only getting 1 lizardman accidentally involved. Glart heroically dodge blitzes TWICE to knock the ball free but just can't hurt the skink who on his third turn dodges into the endzone to grab the ball and make it 2-1!

This causes a riot among the fans, ironically leaving the lizards with no turns left til game end. Probably a relief actually!!

Kudos to Boothdom for taking a very one-sided game with grace and poise. Also everyone should go read his lizard-themed pun playernames right now!
blader4411

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ponies WIL Win 2 - 1 Ogham ABC's

After managing a decisive victory against some Underworld, the Ponies were feeling more confident going into this game, despite a daunting Skaven team laid out against them. After some deliberation, the Head Coach decided to bring out a trusty unicorn wizard, as well as hiring the world-renowned Prince Moranion.

Starting on the kick, the Ponies put up a strong defence, forcing the Skaven to commit to a sideline. Then Nuffle struck, and double-skulls opened the way for Prince Moranion to sack the Skaven ballcarrier. Getting the ball to a blitzer, the ponies take the lead with the game's first touchdown.

Kicking again, the ponies face a more centralized offence, but once again some bad luck: this time on a pass gets the Ponies a shot at the ball. Moving both catchers forward, the Ponies succeed in a pass, but snakes on a dodge prevent a 2-0 lead on Turn 8.

Up by one and receiving, spirits were up. Committing one catcher to either flank, the Ponies faked a pass, instead caging up and advancing down the center. Pushing forward, a blitzer downs a gutter runner, which together with a few stuns clears the way. A bit of stalling later, and the ponies score on turn 13.

With a third kick in the same game but up by two, the Pony defence became more relaxed. Using a loose screen to prevent advancing, the Ponies nevertheless concede one goal to the Skaven, who scored in Turn 16.

With a fourth victory in five games, the Ponies take the lead in the division for the first time in the season.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PONIES FTW!

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2012 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ponies WIL Win 3 - 0 Stark Family Robinson

Having once again won their previous two games, the Ponies were confident upon stepping out onto the pitch, this time to face their distant relatives from Ulthuan. Though the gap between the teams was narrower than the previous matches, there was still enough to persuade a wizard to tag along with the Ponies. The beginning of the game saw the ponies kick-off to their opponents, who rushed down one sideline, forming a half-cage right beside the crowd. This however invited a fireball from the Pony wizard, which stunned one elf, but crucially fractured the skull of the ball carrier! Although the apothecary mitigated the damage, that was one elf out for the match.

The ball safely fell into the hands of a Pony blitzer, who made use of blodge to force his way up the field. Two turns later he handed off to a catcher who made a run for the touchdown. One opposing lineman tried to block his way, only to be killed by the determined catcher. The catcher scored in turn 8, and the opposing elves did not have a chance to equalize.

The second half saw the Ponies receiving, facing a slightly depleted defence. A powerful start to the half saw an opposing journeyman taken out of the match by a Pony lineman, while the thrower picked up the ball, passing it to a blitzer, who ran forward with a cage. Despite one attempt to sack the ball carrier, the opposing team could do little as the blitzer ran the ball in for the second Pony touchdown.

With five turns left and lacking players, the High Elves tried once more to score, but the carrier was easily sacked, lacking enough players to form a screen. One catcher made his mark by smashing a lineman’s knee, while a blitzer took the ball, forming the center of yet another cage. Depleted, the opponents could do nothing as the blitzer scored his second touchdown, ending the game.

With a fifth win, the Ponies solidly take the lead, knowing that promotion to the conferences is almost assured.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

"RAWR!" Bellowed Dangerous Dave Downes, "We've a season to finish and reports to write before ice-cream!"

And finish the Nafia did.

Nafia 2 - 1 Weegie Boys

This game happened before my computer exploded all of two weeks ago, so I can't really remember what happened. Suffice as to say that I beat a superior side, so I must have been jammy or engaged in Jedi client tricks. Dunno. No doubt my opponent was a Gent and I was lucky.

Nafia 1 - 1 Dagenham RedBeards

So, here it was. The plucky 1200 Khemri agains the 7000 (or so) Dwarves of doom. The winner probably took all, bar a superb last two games for Markinthepast. Or Savdog. Or someone, I'd not really paid it enough attention. It was a 1st Vs 2nd game 7 showdown, anyway.

Ramtut, Seketh, Igor, Babes, Wizard, Re-Roll, Kitchen Sink, Beard of Sillysod, it was all induced to try and give us a fighting chance.

Twas raining, so we kicked. Some strange voodoo, or burning toast, or something, caused my opponent to forget he was recieving, so upon a 1, all the strength got jammed in, awaiting an error or a bum roll. In the end, we got one, and a 5+ pickup gave us 1-0. 4 KOs that didn't come back too, lovely.

Now for the tough bit (always the tough bit millions of skills down), attacking. Despite a touchback, the Deathroller despatched Ramtut instantly to deserved whoops from our six strong crowd (a crowd that had earlier knocked NOONE down on a pitch invasion, you wusses!). Another went down, and then Guard happened, and suddenly we were surrounded! There was some heroics and shenanigans, but I couldn't stop the bearded wave without my big star name. In my opponent went in T16. A great result, mind.

So, 3/3/1, some skills, only Skeletons dead. This season can only be deemed a success for rookie Khemri, and a 2nd or 3rd position will probably lead to promotion and huge underdog status all next season too. Avast, bring it on!

And, as ever, join the NAF, you Lapdogs!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

A glorious first season for the Brass Scorpions concluded with a stunning 2-0 win as 430TV underdogs vs Greene Jaguars!
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3266889
I got lucky on the first turn after I suffered a blitz with a crucial loner reroll for Spleenripper and again on the 2nd turn in not such a crucial position. We managed to utilize the man advantage throughout the rest of the game, helped by humans being AG3 and missing a handoff.
4/1/2 and Chaos win the division in their rookie season, not bad at all!
Imagine how well we can do when we get ClawPOMB!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats to BlueDevil420 for winning his 2nd Premier title.
In the other end of the table, the competition is still fierce to avoid relegation to conferences. Where as former champs SiR and JigerJones' Chaos are sure to go down after what must have been dissapointing seasons, three teams fight for the last place, currently held by another former champ, White Isle Retail.
The odds are on JanekT and his lizards, unless SiR can finally show the game that made them champs earlier.
Tune in at 8 pm UK tonight to see a desperate match for survival between the two other contenders: KFoged's [H] Rebel Pride and DaCoach's Har Ganeth Headrippers.

(Just an excuse to show off the new logo basically)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3282814

Wood You Like 1 - evil Necros 2.

Well, Woodie and the boys made their WIL debut to the sound of nuffle's time-of-the-month dice, and suffered hard. One dead, one -MA = 160k gone from the starting roster by turn 5, and then the wizzie-steal was foiled by snakes on the WD. A bit of elf-play made it 1-1 at the half, but then another 1 rr 1 by the WD turned a fairly easy 2-1 win into a 1-2 result for the grinning fouly wolf zombie wight mens.

I don't know where you WIL folk got these dice, but you can have them right back - as soon as I've had time to have some laxatives....

Pythrr the now-walking-funny.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 2 : 1 -Dandyllion Jezebels-

Wilf's return to the White Isle League after a couple of years away didn't disappoint for the fledgling human outfit Garden City Reavers.

Fresh from a modicum of success in the fringe, the startled humans found they were giving up inducements for this game against a high elf side filled with positionals.

The expected wizard made an appearance, but coach Wilf was surprised by an extra reroll and babe rather than an apo.

Still, straightforward enough game. Sweltering heat affected both sides equally, high elves received and scored in 2. Humans did the same, and scored in 5 - removing the high elf thrower.

Humans held off high elves, but couldn't get a cheeky lead before half time.

Second half, and high elves start leaving the pitch, thanks to a bribe. Wizard is deployed as the Dandyllions numbers run out, but although it knocks over the catcher, a cheeky long bomb pass is rightfully intercepted by a lino and we shut out the rest of the half.

Good start to the Great Albion regional, but there's stronger teams to come. Cheers Overhamsteren!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2012 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers it was a tough match for the lightly skilled rookie high elfs going up against the humans with extra guard, block and a blodging sidestepping ball carrier on top of their starting skills, still a wizard and AG4 always has a chance.

Felt we had a good shot for a long time, the 2nd try for a quick score in the 1st half was foiled by a perfect defense but through amazing luck we still had a 8/9 chance to score in turn 8, didn't work out though.

Had a two shots on the ball carrier I think but no POWS then it was waiting for the wizard in 2nd half, as it turned out we waited for too long when we lost 3/7 players in turn 4, and the last long bomb steal attempt to get something saw the interception.

Winnings came up a 1 and a Catcher is MNG, at least the Jezebels are facing the lighter half of the league for the next 3 games, facing Russo's equally rookie slann in the next match so hopefully we can get some points and a bit of a team up and running before the poop hits the fan.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Infused Larsoners 1 - 1 Nafia

And so; in game one of season two, the Nafia come up against their major fears.

An agility team, and much more, an agility team coached by a maverick (I'm thinking a Mel Gibson, Leathal Weapon type; no respect for due system, a blue collar hero), a man with no time for thinking about a dice roll.

The bones got the ball first with a view to carnage! But, disaster. 6 Skulls / both downs on the LOS, and the Rats were in and a Gutter pass away. Despite a massive scrum / rear guard action, they were in in 8, and even worse, in possession of a full 11.

Second half, and a pass goes down! W00t! The Khemri swooped, reduced the Rats to 2 mens, and got in in 16.

It was a damning flash of things to come, boy, agility is going to be tough!

Dave Downes, BH in T1, had this to say;

"Theyd've won with me! Join the NAF, Lapdogs!"

Also - stop swearing in the thread, I still have to edit it! Sad
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye the rats were dreading this one due to the hurt and having a fairly rough first 2 seasons, but only the loners took perms and the ag4 linerat is now a team hero doing the amd plays when we ran out of gutters
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3286901

Noob Welfs Win!

Game 2 in our WIL career!

MB-heavy zons, with 4 blodgers to boot (and us with no skills at all). A lame 140k inducements meant no stars, but 2 babes instead.

First half we lost 2 elfs in turn 1, but then defended well and stole the ball via our NON-SB WD (altho I kept thinking he had SB, sadly). 1-0 to the elfs. We then got a blitz and _nearly_ scored a 2nd, but nuffle said no.

Second half we received and score as fast as I could (T2), to make it 2-0 and safe (?). Looked that way, as it took until T5 for them to make it 1-2... but then, a Blitz for the Zons, and it became rather interesting again. Fortunately, we're elfs, and ran the buggery and made it 3-1 in T16.

However, another poor game moneywise - only 40k and another dead lineelf. 3 loners for the next game, I'm afraid.

GG Plaguey, much funs.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2012 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a fun game Pythrr, could have been so different, at least I skilled my last Blitzer, who now has tackle for the pesky blodgers!!!

Gratz on the win.
 Jump to: