33 coaches online • Server time: 00:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wilf

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2012 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Treaclemine Specials 1 : 1 Garden City Reavers

Back in the Great Albion Regional after a disappointing season in the conferences, the Reavers started with a rematch against the Specials.

This time, I was giving up all the inducements and as expected Helmut made an appearance. He managed to -MV a lineman before I KOd him, but some good armour dice from the norse meant all I could do was pressure Belafon into scoring in his turn 7.

Wheel of Lunch did his usual and equalised in two turns, and we were players up at the half as Helmut was sent off.

Regulation drive saw the humans score the winner, chipping an ulf, runner and lineman on the way although an apo intervened somewhere.

So five points in the bag, but plenty of ups and downs to come this season. Cheers for the game Belafon!
Wilf

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2012 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 0 : 1 Karak-Kadrin Elites

Horrendous game really, in which dice dictated who would win. Not entirely sure it was best performance, but there was little I could do after the chainsaw KOd 6 players at one stage and the dwarfs did not fail a thing.

I received, made decent progress as Estika gave me the chance to surf both runners, a blitzer and a troll slayer. Both downs, rerolled to both downs prevented me maximising that opportunity though and eventually dodging dwarfs managed to knock the ball loose. I got it back, but the scatter was unkind and an attempted pick up in tackle zone for the pass failed. Still, wizard used up (causing a BH and stun).

Second half, overdrive dice for the dwarfs as I'm soon down to 8, 7, 6. Knock the saw over twice with mighty blow (so +4 to armour), but don't get through. Meanwhile, saw is GFI, fouling etc with impunity.

1-0 down, one turn score, and I get a lot of KOs back which helps. Easy push into range, thrower gets catcher the ball but I rolled a 3 needing a 4+ to equalise.

Thanks for the game Estika![/url]
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2012 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL Dragon Conference XXVI round 4
Har Ganeth Headrippers 2 - 2 Queens Park Raiders
A grim spot on the not-so-glorious record of the Headrippers was removed as they in their fourth attempt finally got points vs archrivals Queens Park Raiders.
It took a riot to do it, as only when Queens Park fans stormed the field in turn 16, and ref awarded an extra turn, was it possible for the elves to score.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

South of Eternity is rising into the Premiership! Twisted Evil
After ending in 3rd place for two times, it seems like the third time is the charm.
The Unicorn Conference has been decided!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

To the relief of everyone in the Dragon Conference, Lord Gordriver was finally killed today after 67 games in the season opener against the Fighting Greenskins. The Queens Park Raiders were edged out 0-1, and are hoping that the trim in TV might make them a little more competitive for the rest of the season...

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2013 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

In their first match since they left for a sabbatical, the Holy Cliffs beat None More Negative, 1-0.

With up to 380k available for inducements, they hired Skitter Stab-Stab and Fezglitch, plus a pair of bloodweiser babes.

None More Negative won the toss and elected to receive first.

The Cliffs elected to initally take to the field without Fezglitch, reasoning that if he was to make a difference, it would be primarily at the start where he could get blocks on the line of scrimmage. It was a risk, because if the Darkies could get two players off the pitch quickly and score, they could force fezglitch onto the pitch for a sub optimal number of turns.

Quad skulls on the third LOS block, for the darkies left the ball wide open. Some ones for the Cliffs left them chasing the game again, and the darkies advanced steadily down the pitch, until, by the end of the 5th turn, they were sitting on the endzone line, preparing to stall. A lucky 1/2 dice blitz on the ball carrier, and a failed dump-off catch changed the situation, and failures on both sides at critical moments led to neither side having scored at half time.

In the second half, Fezglitch does his job. Two injuries in two turns gives the rats a critical numerical advantage, which the rats utilised to get numbers into the backfield, after which, they ground down the clock. The one point of note was a blitz by October Rust, where had the coach held his nerve, he could have had a bouncing ball from a both down (the ball carrier having wrestle), but the re-roll gave me a reprieve, before double skulls meant I threw the ball away, to be perfectly caught by rust. And again the double skulls appeared. Another block, another dump-off, another failed catch left the ball open in the 8th turn, and with another slice of luck not to pick up any skulls or a failed pick up, the rats ran the ball home.

And with no one turn attempt, that was that.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2013 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how often this has happened in White Isle history, but today, a player died twice in just one match. Poor Grib.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Rather annoyingly I got promoted. Anyone around this weekend for a friendly? Need spps...
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone up for a friendly tonight? If so P.M. me and we can set a time.

(I can't play the week-end Purplegoo).

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2013 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Pgoo, check your PM! There a nice vamp team around in the weekend mornings.
L.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy Days, the clan finished season 27 with a victory in Game 200.
A healthy tv together with some CPOMB action and some timely elf snakes gave the Clan a comfortable victory to finish the season.
Overall it'se been a successful season with the team avoiding relegation from the Premier Division, although after opening with 2 defeats it seemed a forlorn hope at that point. But nice dice and gutter runner goodness saved the day, until next season at least.

The other shock to me being that a good run of form in the last couple of seasons means we have reached 200 games with a winning record, just (89/24/87).
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2013 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

:O

Shock! Horror!

I just noticed that the second oldest team in the WIL, Something is rotting just played its 200th game.

Whilst normally such a momentous occasion would be a cause for celebration, this game was quite the opposite as The Bard, coach Unstoffe's 142 game old strength SEVEN block, guard, grab Beast of Nurgle died with no regeneration facing Vesikannu's Putting the Wight in WIL.

Hated by all and the bane of elves, The Bard will live on as the stuff of legend![/url]

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2013 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 1 round to go until the battle of the old guard Smile

Prem round 4 : The Clan vs Something is Rotting

and boy are we glad not to have to face that monster
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 05, 2013 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

R.I.P. Sledge.

Near-legend Werewolf was mauled by an angry Norse crowd in a Premiership game today, that spelled disaster for South of Eternity.

We will have our vengeance someday...
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2013 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

**Big upset**
First of the play off games for the premier division was played last night between the two dark elf teams None More Negative and Har Ganeth Headrippers.
In a close truggle, none of the teams could get the upper hand, and the game went into overtime after 1-1 at 2 full halfs.
Unfortunately the ref wanted it otherwise - rather than blowing the whistle for the third half, he mumbled something about the Pub, and made a coin toss instead.
All the best to None More Negative who is in the final.
 Jump to: