43 coaches online • Server time: 10:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Spotlight on Clan Mac Feegle</b>

<i>"Down from the barren wastelands of the frozen North come the hideous creatures of the Clan Mac Feegle, their blue dyed fur flashing from shadow to shadow. Trained in BB lore since birth these deformed (even by skaven standards) beasts head south with only one aim. To conquer the White Isle for all of ratkind."</i>

And so far none could deny that these rats' plans of conquest are progressing well. Undoubtedly the form team in the Lion Conference, the Clan have scored four touchdowns in each of their three matches so far, while at the same time inflicting an average of more than three casualties per game upon their unfortunate opponents. Can these early favourites for the conference title possibly be stopped?

The Clan has so far not suffered at all from the notorious fragility of Skaven players, or from the 'White Isle curse' which has afflicted so many teams - leading to rumours that the 'curse' is in fact an enchantment cast by Skaven Grey Seers to weaken the enemies of their champions. On the pitch, the Clan has taken attack to be the best form of defence, protecting themselves by keeping their opponents on the back foot throughout each match.

In addition to their trio of free-scoring Gutter Runners, the Clan also feature the league's current top blocker in Seepric Torcadailll, with six casualties inflicted - at a steady rate of two per game - including more than one crippling injury. Having caused such damage against the fairly tough opposition of Chaos, Orcs and Humans, one dreads to think what he might do to more lightly-armoured foes!

After their most recent match Seer Vlad “the Impaler” Ratomanov gave the following comment: 'He’s not happy. The Horned Rat isn’t happy. The weak slaves who have so far tried to play this game have disappointed him. So many important opportunities for power, so many failures. Even his own tournament the Warpstone Open, stolen by those thuggish orcs. That is why we’ve been sent, sent to conquer the White Isle. Then he will reward us, with power, warpstone, slaves, yes, we will rule the council. Clan Mac Feegle will rule in his name.

'No failure will be permitted, that is why Grorgus Burxley the former head coach, has been banished to the slave pits, that is the punishment for allowing the human scum to score, yes it is. A new appointment will be made soon.'

With a ruthless decision-maker like that in charge at the top, the Clan Mac Feegle are certainly a force to be reckoned with and a team to watch!

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It just goes to show how important the right manager can be as Clan Mac Feegle collapse to a pitiful 3-1 loss against BiggieB's darkies.
Definitely more in line with other WIL matches with the skaven suffering more armour failures than in their previous matches combined.

Congrats to Biggie who may not have been at his best but still had more than enough to see off the pesky vermin
BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The hungarian coaching claimed on the pressconference that todays warmupgames clearly show how below standard the Brittish teams are. Despite a below par start, soley blamed on the judge the hungarians clearly dominiated the other two games and clearly showed that no team can coupe with their superior ability. The british bookies refuse to take bets on the hungarians winning the league and its rumored that the Isle queen herself have asked Biggie to coach they Isle national team, since its clear to all that no Brit can stand up the brilliance and superiority of the hungarians.

With the Darkelves well on their development (8 skills already), unkown sources claimed that even league manager pac is well ready to crown the hungarians victor for season 1, just to make sure the pride of the Isles wont be hurt more. Coach biggie refused this unsporty offer claiming:

"English humor resembles the Loch Ness Monster in that both are famous but there is a strong suspicion that neither exists. Here the similarity ends: the Loch Ness Monster seems to be a gentle beast and harms no one; English humour is cruel."
BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 24, 2006 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete a magician

Coach Biggie commented that despite the Fattyfud's Boyz squad being strong team, the incompetence of PistolPete will see the famous orcteam dissapear from the top division.

In other news unkown english commenator Ron Atkinson was quoted for the following

"One of the reasons Biggie is playing so well is that, before each kickoff, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.... Oh my God, what have I just said?"
pac

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow's Minions and the Storm Warriors met in a one-all stalemate. The Warriors' fans made the team's life easy at the start of the first half, stunning all but three of the Minions in a pitch invasion which took out only a couple of Warriors players, allowing the team to run a straight-forward touchdown through. The rest of the match was much more even, with the Minions equalising, but neither team could quite put together a match-winning touchdown.

phil78, I see you've started 'the curse of the White Isle spotlight'! Who will be the next to have their following match jinxed by this intensive media coverage? Shocked

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thorpe a coach to keep an eye on

Superstar manager Biggie suprisingly quoted that youngster manager Thorpe_Star is one to keep an eye on for the future. The Hungarian superstar quoted in an interview with media that:

Thorpe has all the ingredients to become a mastermind of the game and with the combination of hard work and some luck he will clearly be one of the firm favorites of the league

In other news coach Peach is firmly tipped to the BBC Manager of the month award after a run of 3 consecutive wins which have seen him rocketed into the top of the Lion Conference.

stay tuned for more
pac

Post   Posted: May 29, 2006 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For anyone who somehow missed the group PM, brownrob has very generously compiled some Top 10 Active Player lists for the league.

These lists are planned to be updated at the end of each league season, at the moment. If you'd like to see them updated more often, and are willing and able to host and compile them yourself (training can be supplied! Wink), please let me or someone else on the staff know.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1230812

Embarassed

That was a total mugging. Shocked
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1240369

Marienburg Athletic took to the field today versus a necromantic team that seemed to have steamrollered everyone in its path, and the reasons why became evident soon enough. Skillful use of crowdpushing wolves left me short of players from time to time, and good play from the opposition coach kept the game tight. I got into half time 2-1 up after a nervous last turn. Sadly, from here-on-in, the game wasnt the same, Jocks poor wolf MNG'd itself on a doubleskull and set the prescedent for a half spent messing up simple dice rolls on Nuffles 'say so'. In the end the human types ran out 3-1 winners, but it must be said it showed signs of being much closer than that until Nuffles intervention. We wish the Irn Bru Reanimators all the best and hope sincerely they dont take maximum points next game Very Happy

Marienburg Athletic Chairman

'Furious' George

p.s Apologies for lack of activity recently, problem seems to have abaited now. Back to dominating the world of snake eyes throwing!

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The new kids on the block 'Doomed From the Start' report a lucky 2-1 win against 'Clan Mac Feegle'.

Coach Purplegoo was quoted as saying:

"I'd rather be lucky than good. "I am the Greatest" effecting the leagues' two top star Gutters was a total blessing. We are currently working around the clock to sharpen our claws for the Frenchie Humans! What have the French ever done for us anyway? Apart from give us the girl off of the car advert that is....."

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1240547
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

That car advert.... Sigh... Anyway, Marienburg Athletic are progressing well without even a hint of french sympathising, the next game versus coach nakatoos Chaos looks to be a baptism of fire, but as they are amongst the bravest of Human teams, they shall perceviere.

Communique to coach Pac:

This is Cunning Fox to Sleepy Weasel.. Come in?
I have cunningly arranged for one Werewolf to miss the game versus your High Elves
Suggest you beat them senseless...
Over

Addedum, additional, one further note, etc...
It would appear that atop the scoring charts, the passing chart, the blocking chart(!?) and even the Star chart, a skaven player reigns supreme. I believe Varna Schloss might sneak into top on the scorers with 6 touchdowns, but other than that...
This skaven dominance is unacceptable Smile
We must do all in our power to shuffle those gutter runners loose of the mortal coil, starting today Very Happy

Me Loves Futurama
ultwe

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

||ASH---NEWS FLASH---NEWS FL||
The frenchies finally avoid defeat

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1242908
In a game in which they enjoyed long spells of pure bad luck (push/skull results aplenty) a single turn of amazing luck in the first half allowed our vaillant gaulls to steal the ball and score against the run of play, right before the ref called for half time.

In the second half the necros managed to fight through our valiant defense, to steal the ball themselves and score.... After that, "les bleus" tried very hard, but the finall pass was fumbled, and that was that....

We have just been informed that an inquiry may be opened, after the suspicious death of Revenant, one of Doomed from the Start's werewolves, which happened suddenly, while he was being surrounded by humans.... Coach Ultwe has strongly denied allegations that Philippe Bernat-Salles hasty exit from the stadium had anything to do with this....

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2006 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1242908

Second game in three days for 'Doomed From the Start' against the Humans 'Class of 99'. The game finished 1-1, but the Necros will be severely hampered in their last game because of the death of Wolf 'Reverent' caused by a well-placed boot to the head on the floor.

Coach Purplegoo said after the match;

"Excellent tactical foul, and I let my other Wolf go crowd-surfing due to poor placement, so I guess I deserved it! I just hope for a cas-less last game and plenty of cash to set us up in season 2!"
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Roar! Fear my endless series of draws!

We're like ('90s) Arsenal ... managed by Kevin Keegan ...

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2006 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Boring Boring pac then, one would assume?
George Graham, aka Fester Shinetop.... (God Bless Monkey Island)
Great manager, shocking tactician and one-trick-pony

EDIT:
Arent you glad he didnt have a smelly ass Werewolf extra Smile
Haha, now to beat these goats and go top o' the league!
Bwahahahah!

Me Loves Futurama
 Jump to: