48 coaches online • Server time: 14:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It is much easier for us to work with each other (and have the great laughs that we have had so far) when we know a bit more about each other. It will also help us all keep track of who is able to do what task/job!

So, if you could post a bit about yourself, and what you know about HTML, wiki, CSS, picture editing, if you can write fluff etc, that would be great.

still disliked all round!

Last edited by Malthor on Sep 09, 2006 - 17:55; edited 1 time in total
Malthor

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start. You may wish to use the same template.

Real life situation: Wife and two gorgeous kids. Have a full time job as a data analyst. I work with SQL and make charts, graphs, reports etc.
BB Background: Been playing on and off since about 1986, have lots of the old 2nd ed sets and 2nd ed miniatures. Run in and played in table top leagues over the years.
HTML Skills: Very basic
wiki Skills: Very basic
CSS: What is that?
Picture Editing: I can crop and resize LOL
Fluff Writing: I can do a bit here and there.

My role with the TNT is to provide direction and harness your great collective energy, skills and ideas. I have a lot of ideas and can conceptualise what I want to see for TNT, but don't have the skills to do the work myself!!! That is where you guys come in, with your skills and ideas and knowledge and we come up with the final product which is a combination of both our ideas and work Very Happy

Anyway, hope more of you will introduce yourselves.

still disliked all round!
mistermurphy

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: I'm a sound technician in life theatre. This means I get paid very little to make people sound good, and get none of the credit.
BB Background: Been playing off and on since '96 tabletop, playing bashy teams the whole while. Smile
HTML Skills: Middling-ish
CSS: Counter Strike Source? Awesome!
Picture Editing: Pretty good. I'm skilled with the GIMP.
Fluff Writing: I'm a rather good writer, I'm just not very familiar with the BB universe.

EDIT: Oh, right, my role. I'm glad to take on any generic scut work that exists. Cleaning up tables, pounding through ridiculous amounts of SMACK winners, whatever.
BarryCarlyon

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Single, Student, Webmaster (Radio and Newspaper)
BB Background: Been playing for 4 years board wise and until recently i was behind another's firewall, so now im playing online
HTML Skills: Legenday (Im XHTML 1.1 Compliant)
wiki Skills: Getting Better - (used to wikipedia tho)
CSS: Good - V. Good (Long Live The DOM!!)
Picture Editing: Photoshop CS2, and Flash 8. (Tho im very good with word and paint to make stuff, you would be surprised)
Fluff Writing: Tell me and i will write it.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2006 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Married, attorney
BB Background: Played tabletop and the (terrible) computer game for a year or two when i was 15 (about 10 years ago), found fumbbl last year and got fired up again
HTML Skills: Bad
wiki Skills: Bad
CSS: ??
Picture Editing: Bad
Fluff Writing: Bad

Role: I'd love to help out with ideas, concepts, ways to make things run better and be more exciting. I'm willing to pitch in with the grunt work whenever i have available time.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start. You may wish to use the same template.

Real life situation: Just got married, live in Viet Nam working as a Senior Code Monkey. Always wanted to play Blood Bowl, bought the box set while working in the US but have no one to play in Viet Nam. Use to play 40K and Necromunda.
HTML Skills: Good, but I'm no expert
wiki Skills: Used it a little, not to hard to learn.
CSS: I know it.
Picture Editing: I have very little artistic capabilities, I don't know how to use GIMP because I am a GIMP.
Fluff Writing: If you need fluff that has bad grammer, then I'm your man!

I can do most things that people ask regarding HTML, though not sure how much time I can spend.

Cheers
Astarael

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Situation: Just got a Mon - Fri job as a trainee accountant. Used to play BB a few years back, then took a break and got back into it a couple of years ago.
HTML Skill: N/A
Wiki Skills: Learning Razz
CSS: N/A
Picture Editing: Have GIMP so can resize easy enough. Though don't know how to use it.
Fluff Writing: I have a closet goblin writer in me somewhere, though not brilliant I can occasionally do stuff.

Extra Bits: I'm currently hunting for someone who can make a Wood Elf icon with a pink tutu so we can use it for Malthor's info bits Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Situation: All up in the air at the moment. I'm looking for a new place to live and a new job (currently unemployed with plenty of time to waste on fumbbl). I do some freelance web-development.
BB Background: BB is the game me and my friends always came back to. Since finding fumbbl we have all joined up and haven't looked back.
HTML Skill: Very good.
Wiki Skills: Not too experienced but I understand the principles well enough.
CSS: yep. no problem
Picture Editing: Solid photoshop and artistic skills, but often lacking direction.
Fluff Writing: I'm not much of an inspirational writer.

Hows this:
ImageRazz
Calador

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Single (although some reports say that I am dating a married woman). Student (computer science)
BB Background: Can't remember when I started... A friend intruduced me to it a long time ago (2nd edition). Didn't play much until 3rd edition rules came out. Took a break for a couple of years until I joined fumbbl in 2003.
HTML Skill: Decent (not the best web-designer, but I can probably make everything aslong as I don't have to design it myself first, hehe).
wiki Skills: Basic knowledge. Haven't worked with wiki before this project started.
CSS: same as HTML, haven't used it for quite some time though.
Picture Editing: Basic/poor. Never been the greatest at graphics
Fluff Writing: When I'm in the right mood, I can write so much fluff that it hurts. Unfortunately I'm not in that mood quite often Smile On a regular day, I'm usually able to think of a thing or two to write.

My role... Hmm, that's a tough one. School has just started again, and our workload in programming has been quite heavy so far. That means that my online time has been very limited recently. I am always good at commenting other peoples stuff though Smile

Regards,
Brian, aka Calador
-- Nunc ille est magicus --
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Live with girlfriend IT consulant
BB Background: Me and my brother(thor) bought 2nd edition blood bowl, ran a few 3rd edition leagues joined fumbbl and currently running 5th edition league
HTML Skill: learnt it ages ago and have forgot most it but coming back to me
wiki Skills: Basic knowledge. Haven't worked with wiki before this project started.
CSS: what is it.
Picture Editing: Basic/poor. Never been the greatest at graphics
Fluff Writing: I like fluff writing never happy with what i write always want to make additions
My role. I like writing match review and previews would be nice to do some interviews

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
Plorg

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Wife. Cats. Job programming video games.
BB Background: Tabletop early 90's.
HTML Skills: Decent
wiki Skills: Decent
CSS: eh
Picture Editing: Photoshop
Fluff Writing: I prefer writing and thinking about tactical analysis instead of fluffiness.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Actor/Writer/Impoverished Person
BB Background: Played since the 3.0 days, had an undefeated Woodie team in a league
HTML Skills: <i>HoTMaiL?</i>
wiki Skills: Who's from New Zealand?
CSS: Another cop show, I expect.
Picture Editing: maybe if I had some software... working with paint is HARD
Fluff Writing: My cup 'o tea, I prefer to write into the BB universe as much as possible, and for me that means the 3.0/3.5 universe - i.e. Warhammer, but skewed. Cabalvision, etc.

I'm a good editor/proofreader/script doctor as well as a writer. If you have a good idea but worry about the execution, I can help you out.
Zuul

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2006 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Married and living in New Zealand. Working on the children thing... ^_^
BB Background: Started playing with a friend who had old 1st and 2nd ed gear. Kind of didn't pick up on it much even though I liked it back then. My local University Roleplaying club tried a couple of times (relatively unsuccessfully) to get seasons going, then I was introduced to FUMBBL. Been downhill ever since... Razz
HTML Skills: Pretty good.
wiki Skills: If what I've seen so far is the start, then I should be zinging soon.
CSS: Cascading Style Sheets? A bitch to learn to use but very useful in large websites.
Picture Editing: Bring it.
Fluff Writing: See above.

I am a geek and proud of it. My wife is the true picture editing genius, I am picking up a lot of the skills as I play around and she is always able to finish projects when I can't. Spent a long time being forced to program by my father, funny how we aren't on speaking terms any more. So I know a large amount of HTML and can pick up a new languages relatively quickly. I'm not very good at writing my own scripts (when it comes to PHP and Java) but I can find what I need and incorporate it reasonably well. Proofreading and editing is where I am really good. Anyway, now that I've tooted my own horn and bored you all half to death, go about your business citizens.
Razz
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2006 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Student Computer Science and work at TNT (global express, logistics and mail) as functional application manager at the Personnel and Payroll Department and am going to graduate on access control there in the next 6 months.
BB Background: Been playing on and off since about 1996 am focussing on fumbbl atm and try to get my team to 1k games first Wink. Have played and run a couple of table top leagues over the years.
HTML Skills: OK
wiki Skills: OK
CSS: Never looked into that.
Picture Editing: Never got beyond paint, but i'd like to improve on that when i can find the time. Wink
Fluff Writing: Ow I suck at this.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Married to Liz. I am a maths teacher and did a maths PhD so I'm quite geeky but not a total PC nerd.
BB Background: Played for a bit age 13-15 then again aged 20-22. Then found FUMBBL and life disappeared...
HTML Skills: Very basic
CSS: What is that?
Picture Editing: I have paint shop pro but not very skilled at it.
Fluff Writing: Happy to fluff a bit.

Happy to be a general dogsbody. I know Malthor likes to boot me around the place. Feel free to join in.