23 coaches online • Server time: 10:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you play bb on your i-devises
Ill wait for the ffb app thanks :P (hint)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Ill try on my iphone but my lord is it small. (size matters)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
F U Jarvis now i have to go buy an ipad
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Lame you only added this pole to get more traffic to your post. nOOb
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 37

jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 08:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since the ipad release ive been praying for a ffb app haha i know good luck with that one. Failing that a reasonable good way to play on the move would be an option.

Unfortunatly its very difficult to install java etc on to such devices making online play as far as i could see impossible.

BUT FINALY

i had a break through. www.jumitech.com what this program does is allows you to access your desktop computer screen and gives you mouse and keyboard access. So now i leave my computer on at home and access it via wifi, 3g or edge and whatever is on my comp screen gets shown on my iphone/ipad you can then use it as a pc.

Played my first game with el bernard yesterday and i think it went quite well. Its actually alot of fun to play on the ipad as its like having a tiny tt version of the game.

Plus u can cheat and by turning the ipad around have a look at the match from the other persons perspective Razz

Yesterday i played from my home via wifi so if any problems occured i could just go and sit at the comp. Today will be first full tst from starbucks down the street.

If anyone is having trouble setting this system up pm or irc me.

As always good luck and have funk.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Apple_Inc.
don't be silly who would buy such a crap stuff?Wink
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Holy Snikeys, never gettting an apple product again! Shame on you Jarvis.

~B

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is as anti Mac as I am, playing BB on an ipad would clearly be amazing. Almost what it was created for!
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally something those I-crappies are good for, playing bloodbowl!!
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

jimjo wrote:
don't be silly who would buy such a crap stuff?Wink

iWouldnt

Oscar Wilde
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i am a big mac fan, though i dont like the ipad for anything "serious".
i can imagine it as a bigger iphone and be happy, but dont see much purpose in it other than that...
now fumbbl is exactly this kind of thing you want...
along with controlling your stereo, thats the best thing i can think of on an ipad.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

love that page. I hate apple so much

Viva la HTC revolution, desire and nexus make the iphone look worthless, the ipad is a joke, no idea why anyone would buy one unless uber wealthy, but hey if you are loaded and want brad braawl, go for it.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

i am a big mac fan,

I dont like Mcdonalds or Apples. its all bad for your health.
Sionis

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

bxnyc wrote:
Quote:

i am a big mac fan,

Truths.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2010 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

because PC based developers have been model corporate and industry citizens.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Barre

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2010 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I hate the tyrannical business practises of Mac, the hardware is very solid and very useful. fumbbl on iPad would be pretty awesome.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

bxnyc wrote:
Quote:

i am a big mac fan,

Healthy or not, Whoppers© are OSSOM!

<turboraton> arghhh
liambussell

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2010 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Peoples,
I think the joy of Fummbl on iPad would be awesome! Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna see if it works on my iPhone (although it will be very small!) that'd be cool. Also, will act as test for If I get an iPad. Woot!

On a serious note.....
As for HTC and Nexus, I'm pretty sure if they were better, more people would be buying them. There's an argument that Crackberry's are better for business, it can be supported by data. There is no such argument for any of those other phones, as if you look at the development of those phones over the past few years (Since iPhone was launched) they are all resembling the iPhone more and more. In other words, they are derivative Cr#p.

I like Apple products, but I dislike their "lock-in" hardware/proprietary stuff, but you need to see that it comes from a different angle. Apple products are made just to work. Like an artist wants to draw, he just wants his pencils to work, not to BSOD.

The ethic of older PC users (like me) is that you can always change parts, upgrade, fiddle and open up the case doesn't work with Apple because that isn't really their target market. (Although they are so popular now, we are all in the target market I guess) They originally sold to these graphic designers and artists who just wanted something that worked. They only way to ensure that is to lock the hardware. As an old bad yard inventor who grew up with x86's and liked to help his brother take them apart and change parts, this rubs me the wrong way, but I understand the aesthetic.
asharak

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2010 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You know apple arn't the biggest seller of smart phones right? That would be Nokia. Also in theory taking someone elses idea and executing it well is a very good idea, not 'derivative ....'. I have no real opinion though, I don't own any smart phone nor do I desire to.

The main bad thing about apple is of course the lock in. Along with their corporate attitude which is VERY hostile and rights-lawyer oriented cause me to dislike the company - though ths doesn't make their products bad. Their adverts also really annoy me as they lie significantly. They regularly get taken to task for it but by the time they get told they have to pull an advert its been running for ages. Their (fairly successful) attempt to portray themselves as he hippy fun guys of the computing world is amusing as they are the furthest from this out of all the big players.

Oh and a mac IS a pc. They are built on the same hardware platform. Yes, they used to be different but not anymore. A mac is an expensive nice looking PC with an apple OS on it.

In some instances apple products do 'just work' but in many they are no different from windows. They work fine if you know how to use them but if not they are far from obvious. They too have problems with security and they too deteriorate with age. They may not get the BSOD but they do lock up which is no real upside in my book. Not saying they are worse - just that they are the same. Except iTunes. Which is pure evil.

Jump to: