6 coaches online • Server time: 08:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the AG 4 leap/dodge is gonna bring them anywhere they want for Fouling or FA. I think Hail Mary Pass is funny, though I might be inclined to go Pass, without SH, instead.

I like the idea of Claws (Fangs) on an ST 1 player. If you get the chance, they can be great, but odds are smaller.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that Pass is useless ... sure hands is better ...

The purpose of scarabs is to annoy ball carrier or catchers ... Not to bash ...

Macavity wrote:
Yeah the AG 4 leap/dodge is gonna bring them anywhere they want for Fouling or FA. I think Hail Mary Pass is funny, though I might be inclined to go Pass, without SH, instead.

I like the idea of Claws (Fangs) on an ST 1 player. If you get the chance, they can be great, but odds are smaller.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure hands in stunty is actually VERY powerful. If you want it, you have to get doubles (and turn down the delicious DP, Block, and tackle). Ditch that for the throwlings as NO other stunty starts with sure hands. I think they should just have pass personally. Anyone who replies with "but they're ag 2" is going to get the "so do nurglings" counter.

__Synn
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

But every nurgling with a double can have big hand ! I't much better than AG 2 and sure hands ...

Synn wrote:
Sure hands in stunty is actually VERY powerful. If you want it, you have to get doubles (and turn down the delicious DP, Block, and tackle). Ditch that for the throwlings as NO other stunty starts with sure hands. I think they should just have pass personally. Anyone who replies with "but they're ag 2" is going to get the "so do nurglings" counter.

__Synn
peke

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:

Purpose of gutter runners is to score. Yet, I still see gutters with dauntless, horns, claw, block, tackle and other "bashing" skills. Bull centaurs are supposed to be blitzers, still there are a lot of scorer-type bulls. Purpose of elf-catcher types is to catch ball and run TD, yet they make perfect dirty players...

Catch my drift?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

With a double, not at start. And there are other tasty mutations available. Stunties really shouldn't have General skills off the bat.

@ Scarabs Issue: I liek to think of them as scuttling around and atacking people. FA would destroy everything fluffy about them, as they will be used to, well, sit there....

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

But how could a scarab bash without mutations skills, general and strength access ?

It's better to bash and blitz with big guys ...

peke wrote:
albator2001 wrote:

Purpose of gutter runners is to score. Yet, I still see gutters with dauntless, horns, claw, block, tackle and other "bashing" skills. Bull centaurs are supposed to be blitzers, still there are a lot of scorer-type bulls. Purpose of elf-catcher types is to catch ball and run TD, yet they make perfect dirty players...

Catch my drift?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

But we're not trying to make a team that will crush all others, we're trying to make an interesting one. Stunty is aboutthe fun, and carefully planted LEapers causing FA problems are boring. Crazed Tiny bugs who try to take down larger creatures are Hilarious! Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
But how could a scarab bash without mutations skills, general and strength access ?

It's better to bash and blitz with big guys ...

peke wrote:
albator2001 wrote:

Catch my drift?

(And now to demonstrate why top-posting is wrong, bad and stupid)

Errr. Because they can get everywhere, on doubles they get block/tackle, +st makes them just too uber blitzers, etc. etc. Even if every player can't be AS GOOD AS +st block tackle one, they still make helluwagood blitzer/foulers. Oh, and did you even consider shadowing on ma9 or more? With a roll of 3+ you'll be able to follow just about every other stunty player out there.

That combination of stats and skills just doesn't work in stunty. +stat or doubles makes them way too overpowered. And someone is always bound to roll them.
Sziro

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn is perfectly right abaut the sure hands. I think the throwlings should only have pass, not SH, not hail mary.

(Alternative: Scarab swarm, they are a swarm and as such pretty difficult to bash or smash. Still they are weak, but mobile, difficult to tackle. Foul app. - cruel buzzing sound:)
0-2 Scarab swarm 6 1 3 10 Dodge, Regenerate, Stunty, Foul Appearance, No hands A 60k)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

AV 10??? I know you're going for hard to hit little fellas, but I don't think we can have a swarm on the field.... everything needs to be blockable. I stand by my original Scarabs! AV 10 and REGEN means they will be around forever! Look for many Scarab Swarms ending up as BloodBowl legends because they NEVER die.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

They could loose regen, that can be a good idea(and maybe AV9 if you think it too powerful).
By the way, to be a legend: no pass, no td because of no hands, no cas because of st1, a long road ahead:)
And it is blockable(dodge, no G) and stunty. Only very high armour. Though I have no experience with such a thing of AV10 but if someone can have saws, claws, even an AV10 can go down. And if it becomes a legend, so what? Diving tackle, sidestep. The rest of the skills are rubbish, it would only weaken the team(sprint, sure feet, catch??)

But I intended it for a funny idea, balance was not thought over so:)
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

To add my 2 cents, I actually don't mind Sure Hands on the Throwlings. Reason? Because every other race either has AG3 or access to mutations. While it's fluffy to have these guys handling the ball like a greased cat, you need them to be a bit competitive. It doesn't really matter that they have a General skill first up. You can only get two throwlings, and it's still 4+ RR to pick up the ball.

If you do remove SH, then my opinion would be that they need to be geared more towards bashing. Vs chainsaws, DP, ball and chain, or C/RSC, these guys would get slaughtered. Bring on the Scarabs with Claw to balance things, methinks. I also like their speed, which means they could outrun even Fairys. Nice list.

Patrician
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the mummies are to expensive at 110k they are far worse than the ordinary ones. That's not fair i think.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2005 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

See... knew the nurglings comparision would come up.

Throwlings would be the only stunty to start with a general skill (exceptions being kickers and snot heros). A throwling with SH off the bat could then use doubles on something else that is mean. Without sure hands... they would have to make that difficult choice to get sure hands. This is the same dilema that nurglings have. Yes you can get big hand on doubles..... but what about DP, Blk, and Rsc?

Stunty teams are not meant to be "good". Ditch the sure hands. They would be the only stunty team with that skill (and do you really think khemlings would be better at picking up the ball off the bat then other teams?).

__Synn
 Jump to: