52 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which player is the worst positional in the game?
Human Catcher
13%
 13%  [ 25 ]
Wood Elf Catcher
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Wood Elf Thrower
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Amazon Thrower
9%
 9%  [ 18 ]
Slann Blitzer
15%
 15%  [ 30 ]
Pact Skaven Lineman
26%
 26%  [ 49 ]
Macavity
17%
 17%  [ 32 ]
Other
15%
 15%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 188

Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, wood elf catchers is explained on page 1, I love them i think they are great. But some one obviously didnt Confused

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Slann blitzers ... they're the only non-negatrait players who get both S and A access.

You mean the only one except Vamps? Stop making people think.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps have a negatrait.

Why are people struggling with that sentence Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven throwers are useless without +ag, +st or a double
Human catchers hmmm hmmmm ok for 70k, the problem is humans would need to have better positionals to be a tier 1 team (+st, +ag, +av or another skill e.g. diving catch, and a bit more expensive, maybe traded for -ma and sprint).

big guys are not positionals, otherwise the new rat ogre would deserve a spot in this thread (as bad as a mino, and hurting its team even more)

the slann blitzer is bad at the beginning, he probably gets better once he has the basic skills and can get some decent ag/st skills. he can also POMB with jump up nicely

in my opinion, the darkie assassin is worst... maybe not stat/cost wise, but worst for its team (although darkies are good enough to compete anyway)
nin

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann blitzers give frogs two usefull things: Pomb with ju and/or easy Leap+Guard

I'd go with players that I don't find usefull for their teams, like Wood Elf Thrower or Pact Skaven Renegade.
Edit: may be Skaven Thrower too but that's probably more of a personal choice.
PorkSol

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My experience is limited but...

Excluding big guys (many of which are awful) there is only one truly bad positional in the game. Dark Elf Assassin.

Pact Linerat can reasonably be skipped, but trading a movement for an armor is generally considered a fair-good trade and with access to horns, wrestle, tackle and frenzy he has everything he needs to be a great safety.

Amazon and Norse throwers are optional, but leader makes them cheaper than a lineman + a reroll, so even if pass is not worth the full 20k, they're still saving you TV, assuming you can keep them on the pitch long enough to use both leader rerolls... admittedly that can be tough w/ AV7.

These teams may not pass as a primary or secondary tactic, but pass is a nice option to have when recovering the ball on defense, when kickoffs go to bad spots against speedy teams (orc style passing the ball into a cage) and when needing to score in 2-3 turns.

Admittedly, they pale in comparison to the super efficient throwers with sure hands built in and leader as a first skill.
Bloodrazor

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkSol wrote:
Amazon and Norse throwers are optional, but leader makes them cheaper than a lineman + a reroll

This. Give them Leader, and the pass skill comes free! (Almost)
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

orc thrower which is inferior to a sure hands lineman

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I'm being racist... But doesn't 'sure handed', and 'orc' sound like 2 things that should never be in the same sentence together without a negative modifier somewhere?

LRB 4, I say skaven thrower... You can leave one one gutter runner back and be pretty much ok as far as securing/throwing the ball. I don't really use them... And when I have a team I spend that extra little bit for them over a lino, I just treat them as a lino anyway....

New stuff... I haven't a clue...

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elf Assassin.
Glorin

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the worst has to be the Slann Blitzer, considering the cost versus usefulness. I think I could take a Norse/Zon thrower way later on just to grab a cheap hail mary for defensive purposes. But I'm quite unorthodox
Juff

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read this, surprised it took until page 5 for skaven throwers to get mentioned. Gutters are the ballhanders of the team, throwers are just expensive linos.
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Why has no one mentioned the goblin on an orc team? Shocked
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

because you can throw him. and he can get sneaky git !!!!
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2011 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

technically, at the moment, the worst would have to be the goblin bombadier! he's just an ordinary linegob, who gets sent off after 1 drive!

(here in FUMBBL that is... on TT he's obviously awesome!)

Last edited by jimimothybodles on %b %09, %2011 - %02:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: