19 coaches online • Server time: 04:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You guys would be please or no?
no
20%
 20%  [ 21 ]
yes
79%
 79%  [ 80 ]
Total Votes : 101

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd ed is the only fluff in my mind!

Post 14 Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as long as we wont see the old leagues being flooded by the new guys its additional fun with no drawbacks i guess (and im pretty sure quite some thoughts and efforts went into them to make em fun and functional!).

Hope i got you right, that they will never play in the OBBA or White isle league and all the other established great leagues. But going to play only in their own separated secret league, which old races can join, but not vice versa. Gotta read through this more thoroughly, thanks for putting me into picture so far though Garion.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yup you got it right.

Its up to each league admin ultimately. But I'm almost certain the leagues you mentioned will never deviate from the official rules. Same for WIL and any other Major league for that matter.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"yup you got it right."

Well, at first i was amazed about that lucky hit.

But as it will be up to the league admins whether to include them or not, i didnt get it right. And that's is a bad thing for me, though im clearly a minority.
Those of my opinion can only hope your prediction, that most leagues wont add them will be correct.

Im not that optimistic, it means more or less putting your money on the wisdom of people.
I assume people will suddenly feel the need for new toys, a need they didnt even notice before.

Well hope is the best friend for us now.....damn. Rolling Eyes
albinv

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess: overtime 30-50% of the leagues will be flooded by the new races (new coaches coming to fumbbl and creating leagues is the first plausible big factor coming to my mind here).

Last edited by albinv on %b %29, %2014 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt the major regional leagues would deviate from CRP, catering to the table topper is one of their major draws.

However I think most of your complaints is about deviating against what is official, rather than what is balanced. There will always be plenty that stay true to CRP. Has optional rules ruined League? A definite no to that. Same applies to optional teams.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly albinv you have nothing to worry about. I will be running one round robin league and one open round robin. They will be the main 2 leagues for all these teams. One or two might creep into other leagues like hubba. But none of the main leagues will deviate from the official rules. It would upset people like purplegoo, yourself, painstate and many others. There is no way that will happen.

Custom leagues and official leagues will be two separate entities existing side by side but not crossing over. It just means more option, and ways to enjoy the game. That is all. So you are right. They will not flood anything close to 50% of the leagues on this site. I'd be suprised if they even hit 5%.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see it as ruleset topic. Very simple: no new races. Its not a good idea to add complexity once you reached a certain degree. I guess the game has reached a good amount of complexity (ask a noob who already spent some time on the game, vets dont realize this anymore).

This is being done because the vets need something new to play with after all the years of reproducing and mnoving in the same patterns (which is understandable) and mass psychology will just follow.

"Has optional rules ruined League?"

Apples and oranges. New teams will be way more appealing and attractive, they will have more impact. Arguing about it is a waste of time.

Perfection isnt reached by adding to a structure/system but by subtracting from it. A rule that can be found in almost any system anywhere may it be politics or genetics. And i guess enough people here know that very true fact. This starts with a mistake.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
But none of the main leagues will deviate from the official rules. It would upset people like purplegoo, yourself, painstate and many others. There is no way that will happen.

Custom leagues and official leagues will be two separate entities existing side by side but not crossing over.

If that is true, why give league admins the opportunity to do so? So to have a chance to upset coaches? This is a slightly contradicting argument at least.

See...i have no influence or importance here so there is little i can do or should. Not much sense in arguing about the topic then i guess. Dont get me wrong, just wanted to leave my opinion as anyone else.

See the effort, work and good intention and not going to discredit it, dont get me wrong. Just disagree with it, which will have no impact on the updates. Lets see how it will all end up.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

But you are stressing over nothing. It will be given to league admin as an option because that's just the way it gets coded on the site. Full customization will make non progression tournaments possible which will be a HUGE HUGE draw, so fumbbl can emmulate the table top tournament scene. Custom rosters is possible on most computer games. Look at it this way, you can make custom teams on fifa and small groups might use them. But almost every else ignores them and plays official teams only. It's not being done for old timers who are bored as you assume. It is being done to give league admin more freedom to do what they want. Most people still want to play official rules blood bowl, many would like to do both; each in their own space.

Seriously just trust me . No one will rock the boat in the major leagues on fumbbl . They will all stay fully CRP compliant. I know this for a fact. And Ranked and Blackbox will never deviate from the official rules either.

Post 14 Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problems with custom rules. I actually think they are needed and look forward to it. My problem lies within the new races solely, or the possibility for them to join regular leagues.

If it cant be coded differently, well than thats that.

"Seriously just trust me."

I guess i have to. Wink

Ok everything will be groovy...hopefully. Cool
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Custom rules are already being used by many leagues but most don't use them. Same deal here. Chill Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2014 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

*chills* (feels uncomfortable and unfamiliar though;)
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
I have no problems with custom rules. I actually think they are needed and look forward to it. My problem lies within the new races solely, or the possibility for them to join regular leagues.

If it cant be coded differently, well than thats that.

"Seriously just trust me."

I guess i have to. Wink

Ok everything will be groovy...hopefully. Cool

It does not need to be coded differently. The league commissioners will decide whether custom races are allowed and which custom races.

If people choose not to play in those leagues that is their choice.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Its crazy how some people are afraid of new stuff. Lets all play human vs orcs and enjoy more of the same, till somehow we get a vision that maybe adding a third team to the mix could be fun. Or not, nah forget what i said, lets stick to humans and orcs...
 Jump to: