17 coaches online • Server time: 03:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
You guys would be please or no?
no
20%
 20%  [ 21 ]
yes
79%
 79%  [ 80 ]
Total Votes : 101

bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The 24 existing rosters demonstrated, that they are not even close to being balanced in most aspects of bbowl. (non progression, low tv, perpetual high tv)
I would recommend trying to fix that. When it is done, then the recipe is there to create more rosters. I have no problem providing as many as possible, but would prefer balanced ones.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

you miss the point entirely. The official rosters aren't meant to be balanced. The official rosters are designed with tiers in mind, for some to be good starters some to be good at high TV. This is all intentional. If all rosters were equal I think that would be the final straw that stopped me from playing this game tbh, some re jigging is needed mind with the official rosters, like a zon redesign to stop them being mind numbingly boring, slann blitzers should be 10k cheaper so they are used more, TGs losing decay (as it serves no good function and purely spoils peoples enjoyment of the game), and an ogre re-write. With all that done the rosters would look a lot better but they still wouldn't be balanced in the respect that you would personally like.

Your point is also irrelevant in relation to what the secret league is doing. The official rules are set in stone, nothing is going to change them. Secret League is just some more fun. that is all. Its not meant to be 'serious', its for fun nothing more.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want a balanced league you can all use the same roster, that's what me and my mates did.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus it's already been done(ish) with NTBB. It's a novel idea, but extremely restrictive and removes character from the races. Also without wishing to sound funny, why would you want even tiered teams?!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Misunderstanding. I did not mean same tier. Did not mean same rosters. I meant that the whole package works for all type of bbowl. (resurrection, low tv, high tv.)
Translating that is that whatever is tier3 at low TV is similar tier at high TV.

Examples: Wardancer with strip ball is really difficult to contain on rookie resurrection tournaments, and killstack player is really difficult to contain in perpetual league. One set of positionals provide broken combination in one type of bbowl, while another provide broken combination in another type of bbowl.
Plus there is the issue of underpriced linos and overpriced positionals in relation to TV. I mean balance by that. (Anything can be consciously worse than reasonable, but should not be more powerful than great.)

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

by all means start another thread about that.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The pie is high!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
I must say, would never, ever ever expected someone to vote no. Why o why someone vote no???

OCD? Kneejerk conservatism?

"Just vote No!" ;D

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
I must say, would never, ever ever expected someone to vote no. Why o why someone vote no???

I didn't vote either way, but I can imagine that someone who cares deeply about the integrity of the gameplay might vote 'no' if they were against implementing teams that hadn't been well tested.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it as been said a lot, many times. Those teams are for league only and you can always decide if you want to play or not in any league as far as i remember. Therefor the question of integrity of gameplay doesnt even make sens. You do not want to play them? Do not join any leagues that allows them. Quite simple indeed...
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the laughters, Smeat!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
Well it as been said a lot, many times. Those teams are for league only and you can always decide if you want to play or not in any league as far as i remember. Therefor the question of integrity of gameplay doesnt even make sens. You do not want to play them? Do not join any leagues that allows them. Quite simple indeed...

On a site like Fumbbl there will always be a number of people who take things very literally.

Your question is "You guys would be please or no?".

The answer "no" covers both "No, I am displeased" and "No, I don't care".

It is customary to include an extra poll option. On this site it often includes the word "Pie".

This is for people don't really have any opinion and may not even have read your question properly but like to vote anyway. Wink

So, your poll should have had at least four options. Smile

You could also have added "Other. Please comment."

I didn't vote but probably would have voted "Pie". Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2014 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on this? Or the built(cant remember the word) rosters?
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2014 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

like the look of some of the new teams Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25698
 Jump to: